• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

what happens if i carry in a bar?

Wetworx

IMHO, it's better to carry wherever you need to (concealed) and just hope that you never have to use it. This is strictly hypothetical, of course! :) BTW, what's with the douchebaggery of flaming some guy that is asking about some advice? It's like he's wearing a scarlet letter or something. BFD if he is carrying in a bar...he's not the first and certainly won't be the last!

mach1chris

You carrying a loaded firearm into a bar which is already prohibited statues not only are you asking to have a really bad day by getting caught, but worst of all you will be giving all law abiding gun owner's a really bad name. I seriously recommend that you don't carry inside any bar or club.

Last edited:

Lokster

I can understand the dilemma one finds oneself in when trying to decide if carrying in public places that are prohibited by law, though unlawful, may or may not be prudent. Personally, I would avoid such places to the extent possible, but I wouldn't advise one way or the other; only that you give an awful lot of consideration to the possible consequences of either decision. However, I would advise that you respect the wishes of private property owners who poorly decide to prohibit firearms on their property. In my opinion, private property must be respected just as much as the 2A and your right to defend yourself. It really gets my goat when people think they have a right to do as they wish with or on the property of others.

Last edited:

hvtopiwala

FUBAR, i didnt know u were on this board, im actually one of the part owners of the Loft in gville, ur setup is right across the street from our club. ive had to "present" my firearm twice when people were acting very belligerent at our club. but ive also had to use it during an attempted car jacking...im not hanging out in the wrong spots, just at the wrong places at the wrong time lol...

in the end of the day, i will still continue to carry where prohibited to protect mine and my families lives, because thats all that matters to me.

77zach

FUBAR, i didnt know u were on this board, im actually one of the part owners of the Loft in gville, ur setup is right across the street from our club. ive had to "present" my firearm twice when people were acting very belligerent at our club. but ive also had to use it during an attempted car jacking...im not hanging out in the wrong spots, just at the wrong places at the wrong time lol...

in the end of the day, i will still continue to carry where prohibited to protect mine and my families lives, because thats all that matters to me.

At some point, you have to do the right thing and disobey what the state calls the "law." Some people will say it makes us all look bad, but that's crap. I'm sure there were some people saying Rosa Parks was evil too. There is just a risk/reward balance that has to be weighed. Since you are always around that environment, your decision is a reasonable and prudent one. If you are caught by the "authorities", maybe some good can come from it:

http://sfappeal.com/news/2011/07/man-acquitted-on-weapons-charges-after-necessity-defense.php

FUBAR

Sorry to tell you, but, I'm not your neighbor, just someone else that is fubar. I am glad that you saved your life by "presenting" your firearm. If your club is that rowdy, and you have put the world on notice that you know it is, you should consider taking some safety measures before you are part of a suit.
If you have a copy or can find a copy of FS 790, try reading 790.25(n). Being part owner of the "business" is a whole different issue. It's always better to tell "the rest of the story".

Last edited:

10x

I rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6 rule applies for me. Some laws are just plain dumb! Why is OK for LEOs to carry anywhere? Are CWL holders less responsible? I have been carrying for over 30 yrs even in Chicago where it is illegal, it saved my life! It is my right to protect my life not a privledge of the state.....

Last edited:

district9

Wait! John Adams had a tavern? I thought he was a lawyer?

I think the guy who originally posted this may be confused. John Adams was a lawyer. His cousin Sam owned a tavern - beer was the specialty of the house :D

Last edited: