• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

FREE WISCONSIN CCW COURSE ONLINE !! Don't pay, unless it's for training !

davegran

Cassville Area -Twelve Miles From Anything, Wiscon
What annoys me about that requirement is that I can use my PA permit as "proof of training" to get a WI permit, even though PA only requires a background check.

Kinda like I'm annoyed by the requirement that WI residents have to get "training" (though the MDSP course barely is that), while residents from states that don't require training will be able to carry in WI just like I will (with my "MDSP training")....
I am dismayed that there are people already bad-mouthing our new bill before the ink is even dry.... After all, the bill only reflects the making of a sausage that had to have two conflicting ingredients to satisfy two very loud voices,
Hey! We want a bill with a training requirement!
Hey! We want a bill with NO training requirement!
This bill is old news now. It is what it is. Work with it, enjoy it, and get over it. We need to put the focus on getting Castle Doctrine and Stand Your Ground!

Last edited:

paul@paul-fisher.com

I am dismayed that there are people already bad-mouthing our new bill before the ink is even dry.... After all, the bill only reflects the making of a sausage that had to have two conflicting ingredients to satisfy two very loud voices,

LOL! I see your point, I am normally a 'glass half full' guy but the passage of this bill has made me sad, more like pissed. There was so much potential. I am working real hard on focusing on the good points.

As MKEGal said, part of the frustration is being able to use as proof of training permits with no training requirement, like PA and IN and then being told by some that the MD training course might not be acceptable.

As I've always said, I support as much training as possible, it's just the mandate that frosts me.

I'm also impatient and don't want to wait 4 months.

I am calmer today than yesterday and tomorrow I will like the bill a little more than today. I'll like it a whole lot when I get my permit and don't have to do the dance anymore.

I'll try to be more positive :D

awnuts

Perhaps you should spend less time on being amazed and spewing your sour grapes and more time concentrating on getting New Mexico's laws improved to the point where they are as good as Wisconsin's.... :D

LOL New Mexicos gun laws are way better and have been long before open or cc got there. Again you folks finally get with the rest of the world and its not good enough. Its not what you like.Its not what you wanted. WAH!!

XD40-OD

Campaign Veteran
LOL New Mexicos gun laws are way better and have been long before open or cc got there. Again you folks finally get with the rest of the world and its not good enough. Its not what you like.Its not what you wanted. WAH!!

wow, you really have a hard-on for Wisconsin, yet are so convinced that NW is so superior...

yawn

davegran

Cassville Area -Twelve Miles From Anything, Wiscon
He is in a dream world

Really? NM gun laws are better than Wisconsin's? Let's see:

New Mexico Initial license:
Fingerprinting
Proof of citizenship.
Fee of $100.00 for 4 years
two (2) hour refresher course two years after the issuance of an initial or renewed license
No person shall carry a concealed handgun of a different category or higher caliber than is indicated on the license
Can only carry one (1) concealed handgun at any given time

Renewal License:
$75 + fingerprints + refresher course

Wisconsin initial license:
NO Fingerprinting
NO Proof of citizenship.
Fee of $50.00 for 5 years
NO refresher course two years after the issuance of an initial or renewed license
Any license holder can carry a concealed handgun of any category or caliber
Can carry any number of concealed handguns at any given time

Renewal License:
$25

So, where is the "better" part of NM's CC law? :lol:

awnuts

Training---- Wisc is a drinking state makes me feel good to know anyone can just walk around with a gun and no certification other than paying a fee and being able to sign their name. Plus carry a bunch of guns lol.You dont find this a bit concerning? No proof of citizenship? no prints? Again even the criminals can get a permit. Lets make it easier for them to carry a gun. Then if this is so much better than why are people complaining here it sucks? Just going by what I see here. No proof of citizenship? So then any illegals can now walk around legal carrying. Good idea. Whats better? the fact that we dont let just anyone carry and you can breathe a little easier knowing other cc users are at least minimally trained and tested.Btw the second set of prints is no longer required for renewel

Last edited:

XD40-OD

Campaign Veteran
Training---- Wisc is a drinking state makes me feel good to know anyone can just walk around with a gun and no certification other than paying a fee and being able to sign their name. Plus carry a bunch of guns lol.You dont find this a bit concerning? No proof of citizenship? no prints? Again even the criminals can get a permit. Lets make it easier for them to carry a gun. Then if this is so much better than why are people complaining here it sucks? Just going by what I see here. No proof of citizenship? So then any illegals can now walk around legal carrying. Good idea. Whats better? the fact that we dont let just anyone carry and you can breathe a little easier knowing other cc users are at least minimally trained and tested.Btw the second set of prints is no longer required for renewel

I think I smell something

I can't quite place it

It kind of smells like.....

TROLL

oak1971

no trolling just amazed at what you didnt have a few months ago and wished you had and now you have and its still not good enough.

Sure just settle for whatever you can get with no regard to rights and principles, by that standard we should have never kicked the Brits out in the Revolution.

awnuts

Hey Paul. It's about time someone from New Mexico set you straight. You obviously don't know what you are talking about.

Golly gee whiz. Why didn't I think of that?

Oh yah, something about the fact that I live in a maze of overlapping school zones... And CAN'T set foot off my property while open carrying without getting arrested.

Me thinks the troll should troll his own state's forum. Instead of worrying about what goes on here. In my hardline opinion.

:banana:

why because i dont belong to your circle jerk? theres your answer

paul@paul-fisher.com

Now you are sounding like WAVE. Child molesters and rapists will be able to own guns. NO!!!! They can't! If they don't pass the background check, they can't BUY a gun and then they can't get a permit either.

cshoff

Training---- Wisc is a drinking state

Alcohol consumption is legal in EVERY state. How is this even remotely relevant to carrying a firearm in any way?

makes me feel good to know anyone can just walk around with a gun and no certification other than paying a fee and being able to sign their name. Plus carry a bunch of guns lol.

That is the way the 2nd Amendment works. It is NOT an invitation for mandated government infringements, but rather, it is a guarantee and a protection AGAINST those infringements.

You dont find this a bit concerning? No proof of citizenship? no prints?

No, and why should I? Do you have to show proof of citizenship to exercise your 1st Amendment rights? Do you have to be fingerprinted before you can exercise your 5th Amendment rights?

Again even the criminals can get a permit.

Oh really? So I guess criminals can also purchase guns from FFL holders in WI? You do realize that this new law requires applicants to go through the same criminal background check that is conducted on purchasers of firearms, don't you?

Lets make it easier for them to carry a gun.

It is already EASY for a criminal to carry a gun. You know why? BECAUSE THEY ARE CRIMINALS! Your laws mean nothing to them. If they want to carry a gun, then they will, this law notwithstanding.

Then if this is so much better than why are people complaining here it sucks? Just going by what I see here.

Perhaps these folks feel it could have been done better? Perhaps they think the law could have been written with more respect for personal freedoms and less government infringements?

No proof of citizenship? So then any illegals can now walk around legal carrying.

Do you even bother to think about your words before you post them? Illegals are already here ILLEGALLY. Of course they CANNOT "walk around legally carrying".

Good idea. Whats better? the fact that we dont let just anyone carry and you can breathe a little easier knowing other cc users are at least minimally trained and tested.Btw the second set of prints is no longer required for renewel

The concept of "better" is entirely subjective. Most patriots will likely argue that the less restrictive law is always better. That said, the very fact that you feel as though you have the right to "let" someone carry or not is, IMHO, very telling.

Plankton

Just north of the Sheeple's Republik of Madistan

Thank you, Jeri Boniva. Nice to finally have you on board!