• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Unbelievable

DWCook

Activist Member
That's pretty crazy that a respected instructor would ban ALL Glocks just for 3 blowing up. I mean common I have seen other high quality brands of firearms take a dump. I have to say if he banned Glocks for 3 messing up then Berreta's needs to be banned for jamming after being dropped. Or unless this so called instructor is just a panzy and figures he hates glocks so know one brings them to the range. If thats the case then I personally wouldnt even take any other firearm to his range at all.

VW_Factor

Uglier? You're implying Rugers are ugly?

Sacrilege! Heresy!

You can just trot on over to the Smith & Wesson forum from now on, Mister. I'm heading over to the Ruger forum just this very minute and posting a quote and link to your outrageous attitude. You won't be able to get advice on so much as replacing a grip screw on an old Security Six. Not that you'd want to, since Rugers are so ugly.

:p:)

:/

I love my Ruger P95 It's got the features I wanted in a "range" or plinker pistol, its reliable, its big in the grip and heavyish. I went shopping for an 89, but didn't find one.. It eats any sort of ammo you feed it. It shoots straighter than I can, and above all.. Its plain fun to shoot, and easy for 1st timers to pistols to get them into it after explaining its functions.

(A lot of n00b shooters are not comfortable with my other pistols which have no "safety functions" at all)

I need to get another Ruger revolver. My father held onto one of mine for a time, and upon hitting a rough patch, sold it for some cash.

KansasMustang

ROFLOL You guys slay me HARHARHAR

What does it matter what gun anyone other than you carries?

You want to get into it, I know a firearms instructor (very highly respected!) who will not allow ANY GLOCKS on his ranges because of the blow-up factor (3 17's in one year). And these are the one's most PDs use? Of course, there is a rumor that most PD guns see less range time than most of ours :lol:

Heck, I would take a Hi-point over a glock or taurus any day, but that's just me :cool:

Yes, I have shot the guns I referenced and really didn't like any of them! But BIL with terrible arthritis in his hands and low funds just loved his!

And in the spirit of full disclosure, I do not have any "plastic" handguns, mine are all steel/wood - ya know "real guns" :lol:

Real guns huh? well I'll be the first to say, I'll grab my "plastic gun" you grab your "real gun" and I'm quite certain that we'll both come up with the same results on the range. I have a Taurus PT140 for concealed carry, and a Springfiels XD45. Love em both. And I'm pretty sure they'll last as long as I need them to. TYVM And that's full disclosure too.

Aknazer

If you're short on money or aren't sure you want to get into shooting then a hi-point can be a fine weapon. I wouldn't recommend it if one can afford better or carry one, but that doesn't mean it won't go bang. Personally they feel bad in my hand and I hate how unusually top-heavy they are. And when talking with my base firearms dealers about them they have met multiple people who swear by them, but the firearms dealers still wouldn't trust unless they wanted something heavy enough to knock out the BG when thrown.

Brass Magnet

Founder's Club Member
Yay!

More gun snobbery!
snob.gif

Hi points!...Well, I NEVER......:rolleyes:

Last edited:

dukenukum

My Hi-POINT has functioned well for over 20,000 rounds of various brands of ammo as well as hand loads.
My carry gun is a HI-POINT in .45 automatic. I shoot at least 600 rounds a month.
My HI-POINT is AMERICAN MADE with a lifetime no quibble warranty if they are such junk the company would have folded years ago.

Metalhead47

My Hi-POINT has functioned well for over 20,000 rounds of various brands of ammo as well as hand loads.
My carry gun is a HI-POINT in .45 automatic. I shoot at least 600 rounds a month.
My HI-POINT is AMERICAN MADE with a lifetime no quibble warranty if they are such junk the company would have folded years ago.

This, thank you!

zack991, I think your elitist ******** snobbery has been pretty well shot down at this point. You obviously have no idea what you're talking about. ANYTHING made by man can and will fail. I'll put my HiPoint up against anything you have, and so will just about every other HP owner out there. But first let's see you dunk your four-figure handgun in kitty litter, mud, sand, dirt, etc, then put 1000 rounds thru it without disassembling to clean. :p

And since money's obviously no object for you (the tired old "how much is your life worth..." line of BS), I trust you and your family ride around in a fleet of $70,000 Volvos with six dozen airbags, and you have an automated and monitored active fire suppression system in your home, which is also an impregnable fortress, stocked with the latest hi-tech lifesaving gear: defibrillator, EKG, jaws of life, etc... Y'know, cuz it's worth your family's life right? :rolleyes:

zack991

This, thank you!

zack991, (1)I think your elitist ******** snobbery has been pretty well shot down at this point. You obviously have no idea what you're talking about. (2) ANYTHING made by man can and will fail. (3)I'll put my HiPoint up against anything you have, and so will just about every other HP owner out there. But first let's see you dunk your four-figure handgun in kitty litter, mud, sand, dirt, etc, then put 1000 rounds thru it without disassembling to clean. :p

(5)And since money's obviously no object for you (the tired old "how much is your life worth..." line of BS), I trust you and your family ride around in a fleet of $70,000 Volvos with six dozen airbags, and you have an automated and monitored active fire suppression system in your home, which is also an impregnable fortress, stocked with the latest hi-tech lifesaving gear: defibrillator, EKG, jaws of life, etc... Y'know, cuz it's worth your family's life right? :rolleyes:

(1) I am pretty sure this violates a rule on the site. As for my argument being shot down, I think not. HI points don't get a history of being a poor performer by having a few issues here and there, but it is well know that HI's are not quality firearms. Also the military, police departments and firearms instructors share my opines of theses toss away firearms. Show me one police department or military that uses these firearms if there just as good as any other "expensive handgun", if this was true you would see them everywhere just like the AK47. In todays money stricken city's police departments would be selling their Glocks, Colts, HK's or any other "expensive firearm" for the much cheaper Hi points.

(2) I guess you miss this quote and never read anything I posted. "every weapon can break at the wrong times no matter the brand granted."

(3) If you want to pay for the 1000 rounds of 45 ACP for my Colt 1911 I would be more that happy to. I will even go out and buy a NEW Hi point and do the test side by side, but like the saying goes wish in one hand and crap in the other. I am positive the Colt will make it through this test and I am positive the HI point wont make it through half of that ammo. I know I can post several independent 1000 round test as well as the Military tests that go way beyond the amateur tests in that video. There are plenty of Colt, Glock, Springfield, RRA, ect. independent torture test but I have yet to see an independent 1000 round test for a Hi point.

(4) As for money is no option is nonsense, I rather invest in a quality firearm that not only holds its value but has PROVEN track record to protect my family.I guess because I choose to collect and purchase quality firearms, You can label me a snob! As for your sarcasm blowup towards the end you certainly cant have a mature conversation with the adults in the room.

As for the idea that they have a lifetime guarantee means nothing. A lifetime guarantee is not necessarily an indicator of product fitness. Only that the manufacturer knows they can make enough on the people who don't shoot their firearms to compensate for the ones that do. Saying a guarantee implies a quality product would be the same as saying that a person who has extended car insurance from a dealer means that they will never have an issue.

I'll leave you with this .

I don't think the latest ATF stats have become available yet , but in 2001 only Ruger , S&W , Beretta and Bryco made more pistols than Hi Point (50,878) . I can guarantee they didn't sell those pistols because of their sleek lines, polished appearance and great quality. By what twisted and febrile logic does it follow that a negative comment about a firearm equates to a personal insult against every person who owns or has EVER owned that particular firearm?

Last edited:

Mlutz

Hi points are great guns. Have you ever shot a hi point? I shot mine for the second time ever, side by side with a compact glock 40, I would much rather shoot the hi point. The glock had almost zero weight, I didnt care for that. The hp is HEAVY, and as a new shooter, the hp shot better for me. As far as leo not having them, I believe some departments use the hp carbines... Don't want to look for a cite, so lets "forget" that. I now carry a S&W sigma 40, will that firearm also cause people to scream "JUNK" because I got it on sale for $299? Point being, if you dont like the hp's, dont get one. But dont spread a bunch of bull that they are "junk".

Mlutz

"As for money is no option is nonsense, I rather invest in a quality firearm that not only holds its value but has PROVEN track record to protect my family.I guess because I choose to collect and purchase quality firearms, You can label me a snob!"

I picked up my 40 S&W for $129 used, are you telling me I couldnt get that after almost 2 years of use? Because they are selling around me for $200 or better... Used... They sell FAST as well.

Metalhead47

(1) I am pretty sure this violates a rule on the site. As for my argument being shot down, I think not. HI points don't get a history of being a poor performer by having a few issues here and there, but it is well know that HI's are not quality firearms. Also the military, police departments and firearms instructors share my opines of theses toss away firearms. Show me one police department or military that uses these firearms if there just as good as any other "expensive handgun", if this was true you would see them everywhere just like the AK47. In todays money stricken city's police departments would be selling their Glocks, Colts, HK's or any other "expensive firearm" for the much cheaper Hi points.

And what rule might that be? I did not call you an elitist snob, I referred to your "elitist snobbery," that is, your words. Which is what they are.

So you think all reputations are automatically deserved then? Tell that to any 12 year old middle schooler who comes home in tears because their school reputation is ruined by people like you spreading deceit and misinformation about them. Small Japanese cards used to have a reputation as "junk." SO did Korean cars. The M-16/AR15 still has a reputation for jamming. Point is, none of them are deserved. Mlutz mentioned that the HP carbine may be in use in some departments, and I've seen some photos indicating it may be in use with the Coast Guard as well. It's a pretty distinctive looking gun. And that's hardly a valid argument to being with, considering there are hundreds of models of handguns on sale in the US and the military only uses ONE model, and the various police depts use perhaps a couple dozen. So you think all those other guns are crap too?
If the Soviet Union had been handing out HiPoints like they did with AK's to anyone who'd call themselves communists, they would be everywhere too.

If you want to pay for the 1000 rounds of 45 ACP for my Colt 1911 I would be more that happy to. I will even go out and buy a NEW Hi point and do the test side by side, but like the saying goes wish in one hand and crap in the other. I am positive the Colt will make it through this test and I am positive the HI point wont make it through half of that ammo. I know I can post several independent 1000 round test as well as the Military tests that go way beyond the amateur tests in that video. There are plenty of Colt, Glock, Springfield, RRA, ect. independent torture test but I have yet to see an independent 1000 round test for a Hi point.

And I am positive the HP would make it though that test, because IT ALREADY HAS! That's the part you don't get! You're adamantly denying first hand information that what you're saying is not correct. You're basically calling all of us who speak to the reliability of HiPoints liars.

As for money is no option is nonsense, I rather invest in a quality firearm that not only holds its value but has PROVEN track record to protect my family.I guess because I choose to collect and purchase quality firearms, You can label me a snob! As for your sarcasm blowup towards the end you certainly cant have a mature conversation with the adults in the room.

If you can't handle a little sarcasm, especially on this forum, I think you're the one who can't have an adult conversation. :rolleyes: Once again, listen to people who actually one and use the gun and you'll see they DO have a proven track record. Much more proven than your third-party hearsay. And I make reference to your snobbery not ONLY because you reject inexpensive firearms without evidence, you also cast dispersions on anyone who does rely on them.

From Miriam-Webster

Snob

2 : one who blatantly imitates, fawningly admires, or vulgarly seeks association with those regarded as social superiors3 a : one who tends to rebuff, avoid, or ignore those regarded as inferior
b : one who has an offensive air of superiority in matters of knowledge or taste

By what twisted and febrile logic does it follow that a negative comment about a firearm equates to a personal insult against every person who owns or has EVER owned that particular firearm?

Seriously man? Seriously? I honestly don't think you're that dense. Let me see here, I believe your exact words were, and I quote:

Trusting a HI-point with your life is as dumb as hiring a crack whore with watching your kids.

In what twisted and febrile logic is calling someone DUMB not an insult?

A lifetime, no questions asked, full replacement warrantee is ONE indicator of product fitness. It means the manufacturer is confident enough in the quality of their product they they don't fear going broke from honoring it. That strategy has been working pretty well for the auto industry of late, as many manufacturers are including factory warranties up to 100k miles. Your comparison to a dealer-added warrantee is a red herring, that's tacked on by the SELLER, not the MAKER, after the fact, to make the SELLER more money. MANUFACTURER warranties have typically been an affirmation of quality.

That's ONE indicator. You have also been offered a plethora of YouTube destruction videos, several first-hand accounts from users here, and here's a link to dozens more, go ahead and read to your closed mind's content. I'll even throw in an unbiased magazine review. Do a little googling and you'll find plenty more. Yet with all this evidence you have countered with nothing but hearsay, anecdotes, and unsubstantiated "reputation."

You adamantly refuse to admit even the possibility that you might be wrong, when you have prodeced ABSOLUTELY NOTHING of substance to back up what you're saying! THAT is why I call your statements elitist snobbery: you assert that something is crap merely because it's inexpensive, and that anyone who relies on it is unworthy and beneath you.

Yeah, you're damn right I find that insulting.

Wetworx

You are one of the few and very lucky to boot. I work as an armed guard working on a number of Government sites. Every year when we go to the range to be re-certified there is always ONE who brings a HI-point. Not even one has made it through the course, there has been everything from double feeds, FTF, and some firing pins have broken. I have seen cracked frames because the firearm was unable to handle the +p ammo. It wastes a ton of range time and cost people time and money who need to get back to work. It’s been such an issue those wishing to take the course cannot use a HI-point firearms period (or other bargain guns). Our company's policy is if you work for us, you cannot use them for a duty firearm.

The stupidity to be in a dangerous line of work or use it as a carry piece to protect ones family makes no sense to me. It has reputation of being unreliable, piss poor accuracy and a list of failures that I have personally seen time and time again. The excuse that I am being snobby about this is downright bull. There’s plenty of options in quality revolvers or small semi autos that have a hell of a lot better value and reliability for just a little bit more and in these horrible economic times, people are selling firearms for a lot less than there real value.

My question to people is how much is your family's life worth and people can say all they want that they cannot afford a quality "high end firearm". Yet those same people have internet, cable tv, eating out, 300-dollar cell phones and so on buying other entertainment goodies. They loose the entire argument. Simply if people really want a quality firearm they can get one, what’s your family’s life worth and what are your priorities. Everyone can buy what they please, but I know my Colt, Glock, Springfield, RRA, Charter arms ect have a proven track record that I trust my life with. God forbid my family is killed, raped because I bought a piss poor weapon that failed when I need it the most. Again how much is ones family worth to them, ANYONE can afford a quality firearm. Buying a firearm that is known to fail is playing with fire, every weapon can break at the wrong times no matter the brand granted.Yet why buy a product that is known to have major issues. People don't shop for cars, tvs ,tools, computers ect, with that history, so why buy a product you would use to defend your family's with. People can carry what they please, but I refuse to work with and trust my life in a persons firearm that has slightly better odds at working then me winning millions from Nigeria.

Dear Sir...My name is Motumbo Zawassi and I am the lottery administrator from the Republic of Nigeria...

Alexcabbie

As far as regards the eye-candy factor: Yep, no doubt about it, HiPoints are ug-lee; and the larger the caliber, the uglier the HiPoint. I drew a real nasty response from a HiPoint owner a couple years ago when I described the HiPoint .45 as looking "like a mutant potato with a hardon".

Notice this about HiPoint firearms: The larger the caliber, the uglier the weapon. Why?

Because HiPoints are BLOWBACK systems. Every one of them. And the higher in caliber you go, the bigger and more massive the slide needs to be to cycle the weapon without throwing the slide back in the shooter's face. A .380 HiPoint looks pretty much like a homely sister to a Glock. A 9mm HiPoint looks as clunky as a 13-year-old's sneakers; and a .45 HiPoint looks like your wife's sister who sits down in your house and breaks whatever piece of furniture she plants her fat butt on.

But from the vast majority of accounts, (and as I have said before); HiPoints, like a homely woman, have the virtue of being able to cook up a storm. HiPoints are the kind of guns the antis call "Saturday Night Specials" and which any sensible 2A advocate calls "affordable firearms" (the antis are mostly lefties, who are so hot about "affordable" this and that; but when it comes to affordable self-defense they are strangely (or perhaps not so strangely) opposed.

I'll grant that OCing a HiPoint is sorta like driving a 1971 Ford Pinto to a Classic Automobile rally. But the security guy in the OP is probably the victim of a cheapskate boss. Cheapskate bosses are a dime a dozen. That guard was carrying a weapon that will, if called upon, protect him better than his niggardly boss ever will.

carry for myself

something to chew on......

one well placed shot...........to the face. will drop a combatant instantly.

hi points may not be "hi-quality" or hi priced.........but if it puts 1 round down range with any type of accuracy. its lethal enough to carry.

i may PERSONALLY believe brands like hi-point, pheonex, jennings, raven...........are all utter crap.

but i've never seen one fail to fire the first round. most have akward ramp angles so they fail to feed like a some beotch. however once you get a round in the chamber. they do go boom........even if it is only once.

on a side note, i have a jennings model 25 in .25 acp. little feed ramp polish and she still pumps em out non stop. use it as a paperweight on my desk though :p

FireStar M40

Wouldn't Settle For Anything Less Than A Glock..?

thats a little scary, almost as bad as carrying a bryco jennings 9. heck when i did security i wouldnt settle for anything less than glock

And why would you want to pass up carrying other sidearms that are just as good if not better.. :confused: (depending upon the situation and circumstances..!!..?

FireStar M40

armaborealis

I worked through college as a uniformed security guard. At the time I wasn't really into guns at all. Frankly I was in "condition white." I blithely did my job with nothing more than a mini mag light and a radio. If I had to do it over again, I would have at least had pepper spray and/or a taser as well (both were forbidden under the employer's policy); at the time I was not 21 AND the job involved patrolling on university property so a handgun would have been right out for many reasons. However, I can totally understand the mindset of not wanting/caring/knowing enough to spend the dough on a decent weapon. I guess I got lucky in that the worst I had to deal with was some drunks at football games.

As far as HiPoints go, I own a JHP in .40. I don't carry it. I much prefer my Rugers or S&W. The initial magazine I had with the hi point must have had a bad spring or something, as it would not feed reliably. I ordered a few more magazines and now it feeds ball ammo pretty well. It sputters sometimes with cheap hollowpoints (maybe 1 FTF out of a hundred). I like to run 200 rounds of premium defensive ammo through my carry gun to make sure that it reliably feeds and functions, and I just haven't seen fit to spend that kind of money for good ammo on my HiPoint given the issues it has with cheap HP. The ejection port is also very small which makes clearing some malfs quite a bit harder.

I've heard much better things about their carbines and am actually considering one. More of a range toy than anything else, though, especially compared to a decent AK or AR.

They're ok for what they are: inexpensive, fairly reliable handguns. I think if I needed one for serious duty work and was on a tight budget I'd prefer a used police trade in glock or security six revolver or something. If a HiPoint is all you can afford though then you can do worse.

Alexcabbie

. The ejection port is also very small which makes clearing some malfs quite a bit harder. .[/QUOTE said:
S&W - produced Walther PPK and PPK/s series pistols had problems including ejection port involvement (I hate saying "issues" when the meaning is "problems") Anyway, there is a guy on the Gundirectory.com site, on the Walther PPK/s discussion thread, called "Sittingmoose_Shaman"; who has worked on his PPK with a Dremel including hogging out the ejection port. Just a tad of skill suffices, and if you screw it up, HiPoint will fix the damage or replace the weapon. Just like you can deliberately break a Craftsman hand tool and get it replaced free no questions asked, so it is with HiPoint.

S.Officer

As a security officer myself, let me jump in to the guys defence some and say that it's likly that he is not really into firearms like we are. It's just a necessary tool that he's required to have. He probably had to buy it himself and he probably doesn't plan on doing security as a career but only for a short while.
Most guard jobs are the equivilant of McDonalds summer jobs. They are a low pay, short term solution to a gap in employment for most people. The guy speant as little as possible on a weapon he may never use outside of whatever mandatoy training he got after applying for the job.
I've seen guards with old .22 long rifle revolvers and even .380 semis in their cheap nylon holsters.
I worked for a company which issued a S&W mod 10 with 5 lead nose bullets and it was not assigned to the officer but the post with each officer passing it on to his relief at shift change. The bare minimum required to be "armed" on that post.
I have read, but not personally seen, posts in forums dedicated to security officers, where the post describes working for a company or seeing a company issue "dummy" guns which are inert. I've also read posts at those security forums of guards with guns which were somehow glued/welded into the holster so that they can not be removed. The gun and holster are there only for show, not for acual use. The OC deterent is supposed o be enough and the company doesn't want the liability of a minimum wage, short time employee getting bored and shooting himself or someone else with thier weapon. Or getting in a firefight/shototout.
Honestly, after years of working in the industry I can see where some of these security business owners are coming from with their ideas but I would never agree to work for any of them. The profit margins in security jobs are razor thin and it really doesn't pay to hire gungho squaredaway guys for many of those jobs because they will want more pay and benefits than you are able to get from the account. So you staff it with the cheapest peorson who is willing to do the job, give him the cheapest uniform possible or even have him buy the uniform himself, which I've seen. Tell him he needs a holster and a gun. He will get go our and buy the cheapest POS he can find at the pawn shop and plans on selling back as soon as he gets a job with his uncles landscaping business.
It's honestly one of my pet peeves when someone refers to guars/security as rent-a-cop, wannabe, etc.... If you ever work anytime in security you find the vast majority of security have no desire to be police nor are their jobs anything like law enforcement. They are there to be a deterent to theft and to enforce polices for the company, not laws of the town. Rarely do they have arrest powers over that of an average citizen and most are not allowed to perform any sort of detentions or arrests at all for fear of lawsuits against the company.
It's just another job. Sometimes a temporary part time or second job. Guards I work with may come to work straight from a job working as a janitor at a hotel (we actually have 2 of them that do that working tonight) and we have one on shift right now that works at a car dealorship cleaing/detailing cars. This is nothing but a second paycheck for them. They are not "gun people" any more than they are "flashlight geeks" just because we are issued a maglight at rollcall to carry on post.
Sorry for the long post.
Steve, hospital security guy

I worked for a company which issued a S&W mod 10 with 5 lead nose bullets and it was not assigned to the officer but the post with each officer passing it on to his relief at shift change. The bare minimum required to be "armed" on that post.

I use my own stuff...I carry a Taurus PT100.
Sort of big for a person of my gender and built, but I think it makes a great deterrent...
I also know exactly how to use it.

Most guard jobs are the equivilant of McDonalds summer jobs.
Every profession is a job. But unarmed is indeed boring as heck. Had to stop!!

I've seen guards with old .22 long rifle revolvers and even .380 semis in their cheap nylon holsters.

Any company that request for me to carry a revolver...will get laughed at and I would walk right out.
I saw a TV show once where some guys bum rushed a security officer and the guy had a revolver
on him. Needless to say...he now has a messed up liver and kidney.

Honestly, after years of working in the industry I can see where some of these security business owners are coming from with their ideas but I would never agree to work for any of them.

Like I said rip up application and walk out.

It's honestly one of my pet peeves when someone refers to guars/security as rent-a-cop, wannabe, etc.... If you ever work anytime in security you find the vast majority of security have no desire to be police nor are their jobs anything like law enforcement.

Most of the time if not all of the time. People are usual fast asleep when people like you and I
are up Patrolling, Deterring and Detaining "sillies" 2 and 3o'clock in the morning...most of the time they see the unarmed, unprofessional looking guard at the Mall, at an Administrative Desk or at a Train Station or something, not to mention those funny movies.:lol: I see COPS at Wal-Mart. I see them in all the places I've worked before. I perform my duties in the most professional and proficient manner possible. Regardless of pay rate. A Passion is a Passion regardless of what it is. I'm not an LEO right now, but you have to start somewhere. I'm all for Criminal Justice, LEO, Security Officer or Armed Citizen.
If you don't have a desired passion for enforcement in general then why would you care?

They are there to be a deterent to theft and to enforce polices for the company, not laws of the town. Rarely do they have arrest powers over that of an average citizen and most are not allowed to perform any sort of detentions or arrests at all for fear of lawsuits against the company.

I currently do the Armored Truck thing and the Vehicle Patrol thing. I've seen what we're
allowed to do without recourse and best believe I will used it if it's necessary. No one's
knocking me out with a crow bar or putting holes in my Liver or Kidneys.

Anybody that's willing to take a bullet for their fellow man is alright with me.

carry for myself

And why would you want to pass up carrying other sidearms that are just as good if not better.. :confused: (depending upon the situation and circumstances..!!..?

FireStar M40

because i 199.999% trust my glocks. i've run tens of thousands of rounds through them with no issues EVER. i have a Gen 1 17 which was my uncles, it has had well over 40,000 rounds passed through the barrel since he bought it brand new in the early to mid 90's. never once did it malfunction. and it still functions perfectly today.

more expensive or flashy guns are good yes. however glocks are pin point accurate, dang near in-destructable, and every single time you pull the trigger it goes bang.

to make a stupid joke............"i dont always fire guns in self defense....................but when i do. i prefer glock" ;-)