• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Ever been detained, arrested, or prosecuted for violating a preempted ordinance?

Rich7553

Florida Carry's legal team needs your help. If you have ever (since 1987) been detained, arrested, or prosecuted for violating a local ordinance in Florida that regulates firearms, we want to know about it.

Briefly describe where, when, what happened, and final disposition to rich@floridacarry.org. If you have any questions, please contact me at the e-mail address supplied. Identifying information will remain confidential and will not be released to third parties outside of Florida Carry without your consent.

Thank you for your assistance.

Jojo712

Founder's Club Member
Would "actual harm" be a pre-requisite for legal standing in a case like this, or simply a nice example to obtain damages for the victim of the pre-empted ordinance?

rvrctyrngr

Would "actual harm" be a pre-requisite for legal standing in a case like this, or simply a nice example to obtain damages for the victim of the pre-empted ordinance?

The statute was written to provide standing without actual harm, JoJo. As you state, any actual harm would be grounds to seek damages in the suit.