• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

U s c c a

jpm84092

The United States Concealed Carry Association is based in Wisconsin and offers members a monthly magazine full of hints and tips for concealed carry, concealed carry product reviews, firearm reviews, and lots of good information shared on their forum. The Board of Directors reads like a who's - who in Nationally Recognized Firearm Instructors and the yearly dues are worth the price of the magazine. (Delivered by mail or online.)

Folks from all over the country contribute to the forum and topics never covered in the WCDO forum (hosted by Open Carry dot Org) are well covered in the USCCA forum.

Now that WI will join the ranks of "Shall Issue" states on November 1, 2011, topics dealing with senior citizen carry, rotund person carry, really skinny person carry, female carry in summer or winter, and special topics like concealed carry badges (BAD IDEA) are covered in depth. These topics, and similar topics, have never been addressed on this forum because to do so would cause the posting person to "admit in writing" to felony violation of the (about to be defunct) Wisconsin blanket prohibition against concealed carry by ordinary citizens.

I am not one to recommend a product or pay-to-play organization, but the USCCA is an exception. And, the contributors, authors, and forum posters have been carrying a concealed firearm for years or decades. This is experience that is lacking on Wisconsin Carry dot Org.

www.usconcealedcarry.com

VW_Factor

I like Tim's reviews for weapons.

However, the way he goes about advertising is border line spammer.

I, in no way will endorse any of his websites. The way he goes about business is underhanded..

wild boar

As a member of USCCA...

I can tell you that the magazine covers things that some members of OCDO would Deni needing. One topic comes to mind, the overwhelming demand on ones self to survive. This was taught to me in the army, and to date, I still live It. Good read! boar out

wild boar

The reads are great, but

I like Tim's reviews for weapons.

However, the way he goes about advertising is border line spammer.

I, in no way will endorse any of his websites. The way he goes about business is underhanded..

...him and his defense shield insurance, I' m not sure. I wrote the under writers of the policy, and they would not respond. All I asked is was there a policy in force. boar out.

VW_Factor

If anything, I would suggest doing some research before signing on with Tim over there at USCCA. Its up to you if you'd like to get into that internet "pyramid scheme".

MKEgal

the cat with the M4 said:
The United States Concealed Carry Association is based in Wisconsin... The Board of Directors reads like a who's - who in Nationally Recognized Firearm Instructors
These topics, and similar topics, have never been addressed on this forum because to do so would cause the posting person to "admit in writing" to felony violation of the (about to be defunct) Wisconsin blanket prohibition against concealed carry by ordinary citizens.
I'm a member, & while I find some articles well above my level of knowledge, experience, or interest, others are spot-on. I find it amusing that USCCA is based in the next-to-last state that didn't have cc, and www.guntotenmamas.com is based in the last.
Aside from the writers' & members' disdain for OC (yes, even in the magazine), it's a good resource.

As for admitting to a felony, well, it's not a felony unless you're in a school zone,
and of course since we're all law-abiding citizens any admission of carrying concealed would have to have been at our home, our business, or in another state, right? :rolleyes:

jpm84092

I agree that Mr. Schmidt's marketing tactics are somewhat annoying and I have my doubts about his insurance, but the Magazine editors and forum moderators are the Real Deal and the articles are worth the price of admission, at least to me.