Thread: Freeloaders

Regular Member EricDailey X-NRA's Avatar

Freeloaders

Private Property owners of businesses who do not post signs that armed customers are welcome or that they respect the RKBA may be getting a free ride on all the folks that deter crimes by being armed. We know crime in NC is down, we know there are more armed citizens. Maybe folks with guns are protecting those who don't support the Second Amendment.

I propose a law that requires all places post if they allow or ban guns.

I think it would soon be hard to find a business still open that posted a no gun sign.

here is a sign
    http://www.gunlaws.com/2ndunty.htm

see thread
    http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...s-Welcome-Here
    Get a DVR, a Digital Voice Recorder, carry it 24/7. It's cheap, easy and makes a good witness in Court.

Triangle Open Carry Meetup
    http://www.meetup.com/r/inbound/0/0/...ry/?a=sharetxt
    This is a link for a "gunz r welcome" sign.
    http://www.gunlaws.com/images/unity.gif
    FORUM RULES (14)
    ....This web site is focused on the right to openly carry properly holstered handguns in daily American life.

Quote Originally Posted by EricDailey X-NRA View Post
    I think it would soon be hard to find a business still open that posted a no gun sign.

Which is I suppose why there are HUNDREDS of sign companies making "gun ban" signs by the hundreds of thousands and selling them all over the nation, but finding a commercially-produced "we allow lawful carry" signs is nearly impossible.

There are like, what 2 companies in the US making "pro gun" signs for commercial use, and they cost something like 3-4 times what the average "gun ban" sign does.

If such a law were passed, I think you'd be VERY surprised just how many businesses would post gun ban signs, given the choice between pro and con...
    It is our cause to dispel the foggy thinking which avoids hard decisions in the delusion that a world of conflict will somehow mysteriously resolve itself into a world of harmony, if we just don't rock the boat or irritate the forces of aggression—and this is hogwash."
    --Barry Goldwater, 1964

I am against the gov't requiring businesses to do just about anything as a general rule. The business owner should be able to choose what signs it posts and doesnt post in its window.

I also agree with Dreamer. A lot of business haven't considered one way or the other to post a pro or anti gun sign. If forced to choose, MANY would choose to ban guns for no other reason than perceived liability risks if they posted a sign welcoming guns.
    "I believe that a person's moral compass can be determined by how he references free men the right to defend themselves." - Ted Nugent

Alexandria, VA at www.NoVA-MDSelfDefense.com
    Quote Originally Posted by condeist View Post
    I am against the gov't requiring businesses to do just about anything as a general rule. The business owner should be able to choose what signs it posts and doesnt post in its window.

I also agree with Dreamer. A lot of business haven't considered one way or the other to post a pro or anti gun sign. If forced to choose, MANY would choose to ban guns for no other reason than perceived liability risks if they posted a sign welcoming guns.
    ^^^^ This

Private Property owners of businesses who do not post signs that armed customers are welcome or that they respect the RKBA may be getting a free ride on all the folks that deter crimes by being armed. We know crime in NC is down, we know there are more armed citizens. Maybe folks with guns are protecting those who don't support the Second Amendment.

I propose a law that requires all places post if they allow or ban guns.

here is a sign
    http://www.gunlaws.com/2ndunty.htm

see thread
    http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...s-Welcome-Here

Let me guess - you don't own a business and never have.

]

You're what the anti's call a "gun nut", don't take it as a compliment.

Quote Originally Posted by CDT COX View Post
    You're what the anti's call a "gun nut", don't take it as a compliment.
    + 1 or just a nut.
    Walk softly and carry a large caliber.

Occupied Greensboro, North Carolina, United States
    Are you nucking futs?!?
    Carry on!

Regular Member Large Caliber Kick's Avatar
    Mooresville, North Carolina, United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Carry24/7 View Post
    + 1 or just a nut.

+ 1

actually this is something i have been thinking a lot on. like DREAMER, i think if a bus. is forced to decide they would post anti.
    i do get frustrated with bus. that post. i believe most people are neutral, though ignorant about carry. they really think they are liable if something happened if someone wore a gun in they're place (what that would be i have no clue). and correct me if i am wrong, but i think NC is responsibility state (the person that caused the problem is the one responsible). but the Insurance companys are telling them they have to post. at least that is what the excuse most businesses give.

what i would like to see if there was some way to take the burden of liability away from the bus. that do not post. and/or put the liability on businesses for the safety of people if they do post. we just did something like this with the castle doctrine, made it harder to sue someone having to use they're firearm to protect themselves
    Luke 22:36 ; 36Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

"guns are like a Parachute, if you don't have one when you need it, you will not need one again"
    - unknown

i you call a CHP a CCW then you are really stupid. period.

Quote Originally Posted by papa bear View Post
    actually this is something i have been thinking a lot on. like DREAMER, i think if a bus. is forced to decide they would post anti.
    i do get frustrated with bus. that post. i believe most people are neutral, though ignorant about carry. they really think they are liable if something happened if someone wore a gun in they're place (what that would be i have no clue). and correct me if i am wrong, but i think NC is responsibility state (the person that caused the problem is the one responsible). but the Insurance companys are telling them they have to post. at least that is what the excuse most businesses give.

what i would like to see if there was some way to take the burden of liability away from the bus. that do not post. and/or put the liability on businesses for the safety of people if they do post. we just did something like this with the castle doctrine, made it harder to sue someone having to use they're firearm to protect themselves
    From my understanding in NC if you are 0.001% responsible for your injuries you can't sue. Like if I come to your house and slip on ice I can't sue you because I should know I can slip on ice and should take caution to protect myself. I could see it going both ways for businesses. Getting sued by someone who is shot. If they allow someone to carry and they shoot someone then of course they will try and put it on them. But also if they post and I get shot can I sue because they took away my right to protect myself? I try and stay away from these places anyway though.
    Walk softly and carry a large caliber.

Serve or don't?

I think the idea is overboard but I would like them to be required to post whenther or not they serve booze. The reason is, once I walk in and sit down and then notice they serve wine, it's too late. I've already broken the law if I have my LPC in my pocket. As a general rule, I usually don't call ahead or send in an unarmed scout first at places I've never eaten before.