Thread: Kiawah Island Vicinity Liquor store.

Kiawah Island Vicinity Liquor store.

I was staying at Kiawah Island and stopped at a "packing store" (liquor store) outside of Kiawah Island. It is a Liquor Store by the Piggly Wiggly at the intersection of 700 and 10-20 on the way. The guy running the register was open carrying a snub nose revolver. Maybe it was because it was independence weekend. Maybe he does it it as standard practice. Anyway, I was in a hurry and also didn't want to hold up holiday sales with small talk about OC so I just made my purchase and went on my way. Gun friendly liquor store near Kiawah noted.

It's a false assumption that because the guy behind the counter was carrying means the store (management) is gun friendly. It may be a simple case of self preservation.
    "The only thing that stops a bad guy with a gun, is a good guy with a gun."

Open carry is legal in South Carolina at your residence or in your fixed place of business, provided that your fixed place of business does not sell alcohol for on-premise consumption.

I deliver the Charleston City Paper to this liquor store. Every time Ive seen him, he's open carried. Wish I could do the same.