Thread: Favorite places to shoot!

Favorite places to shoot!

Hello all- Just found the forum this weekend and am curious if any Mainiacs in the Southern Maine area have any good suggestions as to good (and inexpensive) places to shoot. I live in Portland, and the closest family property is either China or Unity, both over an hour drive from home.

Any suggestions as to sand pits, open ranges, or members willing to take visitors to the Scarborough club? thanks!

-Matthew

Quote Originally Posted by matthewg123 View Post
    Hello all- Just found the forum this weekend and am curious if any Mainiacs in the Southern Maine area have any good suggestions as to good (and inexpensive) places to shoot. I live in Portland, and the closest family property is either China or Unity, both over an hour drive from home.

Any suggestions as to sand pits, open ranges, or members willing to take visitors to the Scarborough club? thanks!

-Matthew
    Scarborough Fish and Game is really the only option I know of in the Portland area. I've been trying to get involved with Wiscasset Rod and Gun but they're very difficult to get in contact with.
    v/r
    Forrest Brown
    Webmaster, Maine Open Carry Association
    forrest@maineopencarry.org

Western Maine Fish & Game
    1026 Norway Rd. (RT. 117)
    Harrison, ME 04040

2 pistol ranges, trap, 100 yard rifle and archery under construction.

Affordable Memberships

$25 Individual
    $30 Family
    $250 Life

Sign up online at our Western Maine Fish & Game page accessed from our banner.
    Last edited by Maine CWP Training; 07-11-2011 at 01:07 PM.
    Paul J. Mattson
    NRA Certified Instructor / RSO
    Maine CWP Training
    101 Main St.
    Harrison, ME 04040

www.mainecwptraining.com

(207) 583-4723
    CELL 232-7063

Regular Member carry for myself's Avatar
    camp ellis rod and gun. ferry rd saco ME

$20 a year. noone goes there much.........so its quiet and easy to shoot.

meetings wednesday at 7pm if ya wanna join
    i would rather run out of blood, breath and life. and die fighting. than run out of ammo , and die with my pants down -Tom Scantas

Quote Originally Posted by carry for myself View Post
    camp ellis rod and gun. ferry rd saco ME

$20 a year. noone goes there much.........so its quiet and easy to shoot.

meetings wednesday at 7pm if ya wanna join
    absolutely. What is the address? (is there seriously enough room to shoot in Camp Ellis??!)

Regular Member carry for myself's Avatar
    haha actually doesnt have a "street address" lol its next to the "grove" at the UUA church on ferry road. if you google morris ave in saco, and stand at the end of that where it meets ferry rd. and turn right. it is about 350ft on the left. there is a gate and a sign stating "camp ellis rod and gun" and the rules.

also there is NO phone number lol kind of a show up wednesdays at 7pm and meet the crew sorta thing, if they like you, they will sponsor you, give em $20. they will mail you a gate key, intro package and a membership card. card is required to shoot there, if saco PD catches you without one, its tresspass 1 and a free ride ;-)

good place though. not good for rifle. but great for pistol
    i would rather run out of blood, breath and life. and die fighting. than run out of ammo , and die with my pants down -Tom Scantas