• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Favorite places to shoot!

matthewg123

Hello all- Just found the forum this weekend and am curious if any Mainiacs in the Southern Maine area have any good suggestions as to good (and inexpensive) places to shoot. I live in Portland, and the closest family property is either China or Unity, both over an hour drive from home.

Any suggestions as to sand pits, open ranges, or members willing to take visitors to the Scarborough club? thanks!

-Matthew

ep0k

Hello all- Just found the forum this weekend and am curious if any Mainiacs in the Southern Maine area have any good suggestions as to good (and inexpensive) places to shoot. I live in Portland, and the closest family property is either China or Unity, both over an hour drive from home.

Any suggestions as to sand pits, open ranges, or members willing to take visitors to the Scarborough club? thanks!

-Matthew

Scarborough Fish and Game is really the only option I know of in the Portland area. I've been trying to get involved with Wiscasset Rod and Gun but they're very difficult to get in contact with.

Maine CWP Training

Western Maine Fish & Game
1026 Norway Rd. (RT. 117)
Harrison, ME 04040

2 pistol ranges, trap, 100 yard rifle and archery under construction.

Affordable Memberships

$25 Individual
$30 Family
$250 Life

Last edited:

carry for myself

camp ellis rod and gun. ferry rd saco ME

$20 a year. noone goes there much.........so its quiet and easy to shoot.

meetings wednesday at 7pm if ya wanna join

carry for myself

haha actually doesnt have a "street address" lol its next to the "grove" at the UUA church on ferry road. if you google morris ave in saco, and stand at the end of that where it meets ferry rd. and turn right. it is about 350ft on the left. there is a gate and a sign stating "camp ellis rod and gun" and the rules.

also there is NO phone number lol kind of a show up wednesdays at 7pm and meet the crew sorta thing, if they like you, they will sponsor you, give em $20. they will mail you a gate key, intro package and a membership card. card is required to shoot there, if saco PD catches you without one, its tresspass 1 and a free ride ;-)

good place though. not good for rifle. but great for pistol