• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

another dead friend, another "I thought it wasn't loaded"

carry for myself

thats why my guns are ALWAYS LOADED. even right after i clear them and do a visual and physical inspection. even when i can see right down the barrel with a light shining through, even when i shove a cable lock through the action/barrel. even then! IT IS STILL LOADED! and other peoples guns too!, guns at cabelas, KTP, any gun shop. toy guns, paintball guns and airsoft guns, replica guns, prop guns, rubber guns and wood guns! ALL LOADED ALL THE TIME! stupid people......you can fix ugly with surgery, cant fix stupid. sadly stupidity kills :(

since9

Campaign Veteran
Yeah it will but I never keep a round in the chamber trying to call myself being safe (which I found out the hard way instead of double checking) but when I slid the slide back to push the release lever up it chambered one, still thinking it didn't have the magazine in, then to unlock it the rest of the way you have to pull the trigger for the slide to come off, it came off allright.

I'm still not understanding how dropping the magazine and racking the slide failed to clear your firearm. Commensurate with the drop and rack procedure is to visually verify both the magazine and the previously chambered round have indeed exited the firearm.

I am using my mistake to share with a LEO in Baton Rouge, that's a friend of my uncle, by taking pictures of the healing to use in his safety classes he teaches. He's in the army overseas right now but we will have it ready for when he gets home. I figured my stupidity would help a few people think more when handling firearms.

My hat's off to you for allowing your misfortune to benefit others!