• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

I Hate To Rain On The Parade, But - It's Starting Again

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
Prices are going up because our money is becoming worth less and the cost of raw materials is rising.

+1

Also, if supply is decreased, the seller has to make the same income off fewer sales--the bank doesn't lower the payments or interest on the loans he has to pay.

And, with respect to guns, if there is gun control coming, the sellers could see demand dramatically reduced once regulations take effect. Suddenly, their business is taking a nose-dive. No reason for them to not try to earn as much as they can before their sales are driven down or out by regulations.

apjonas

Understandable

Oops. :D that's what I get for only taking a quick look at the graphic. I don't actually speak russian (obviously) but I've picked up little tidbits here and there.

No problem. You were able to recognize the problem which is rare to begin with. Confusing the two is one of the most common error learners make and depending upon the style of the lettering, can look strange to those beyond beginner status. Of course, the context makes the knowledgeable reader automatically correct an error. It's much like a really fancy C being confused with G or S with a 5, etc. When I was in elementary school, it was in vogue to write a capital Q much like the numeral 2 in script. And anbody who has read documents from the 1700's remembers how it feems neceffary that friendfhip must fuffer - the "long" s...

rcawdor57

Campaign Veteran
It May Be Coming But Hillary's Signature Means Nothing

It takes 67 senators to ratify any treaty. Hillary can sign all the crap paper she and Obummer want to.

Now on the other hand Osama IS working on a work around for that pesky U.S. Constitution. Who can't say he won't impose some kind of illegal executive order to raise prices of ammo a hundred fold? Or worse.

All I can say is...

Lock and Load!

jpm84092

I just got back from the Range and stopped at Sportsman's Warehouse. A Glock Model 17 that I purchased there 1 week ago today for $499.00 + tax now costs $538.00 + tax. And they have the cheapest Glock prices around. (I like the Glock, but my Springfield XD-9 is what is on my hip right now.) Last week, the cheapest price for a basic Glock 17 was also $499.00 on Gallery of Guns. This same firearm, ON SALE, is now more expensive at all local dealers. (Dealers bid on Gallery of Guns, a distributor, and have the guns shipped to the FFL where the customer picks them up and pays the remain amount due after a deposit is taken by credit card.)

,45 ACP Federal FMJ at Wal-Mart a week ago for $16.97 is now $19.97 and the same Federal .45 ACP FMJ is $19.99 at Sportsman's Warehouse. It is a good thing I bought 10 boxes at the lower price.

Those could be cost of raw materials increases, but the coincidental timing with the Obama announcement is worthy of note.

I did have fun at the range and put 100 rounds through a little PUMA Model 1911 chambered in .22LR, 50 rounds through a little 2-inch Taurus snubby chambered in .357 and 50 rounds of 9mm each through the Glock 17 and the Springfield XD-9.

apjonas

Pet Peeve #483

It takes 67 senators to ratify any treaty. Hillary can sign all the crap paper she and Obummer want to.

Now on the other hand Osama IS working on a work around for that pesky U.S. Constitution. Who can't say he won't impose some kind of illegal executive order to raise prices of ammo a hundred fold? Or worse.

All I can say is...

Lock and Load!

The senate does not ratify a treaty. It consents to ratification (by the executive branch). And the requirement is for 2/3 of the senators present to concur. 67 when there's a full house but it could be fewer.

This constitutional minute has been brought to you by the 2nd and 4th amendments.

Last edited:

MilProGuy

With the President's announcement that he now intends to attempt "sensible gun control" (read confiscation after Hillary signs the UN Treaty), ammo prices and gun prices are on the rise. Some 9mm I bought last weekend, before the announcement for $9.99 / box of 50 is now $13.99 per box of 50 - ON SALE.

I suspect Wisconsin will see a "double whammy" with SB-93 demand driving up prices and fear of the President and his antics driving up prices as well.

In a "twisted" sort of way, perhaps this is our pseudo-president's way of stimulating the economy!

protias

mywork.jpg

Gunslinger

60 Senators are rated A or A+ by the NRA. Any anti-2A treaty is doa. And a lot of democraps up for reelection next year will manage to not be around were it to be brought up. As to Executive Orders by obooba--exactly what could he sign that would mean dog poop? He can't raise taxes or use Commerce Clause powers--reserved to the legistative branch. He can't change black letter law--including McDonald, also reserved to the legislature and sure to be injuncted by the courts. He has no power to interfere in States' manufacture of weapons or ammo. And he will be putting his head in the sand as his DoJ and batfe blow up in his face over the Gun Runner scandal. There is not going to be anything out of his palace that will mean crap. And the Arkansas Sow is meaningless as to internal US affairs. Bringing the so called treaty to the Senate and soundly defeating it would be one of the best triumphs for the 2A in history.

Brass Magnet

Founder's Club Member
60 Senators are rated A or A+ by the NRA. Any anti-2A treaty is doa. And a lot of democraps up for reelection next year will manage to not be around were it to be brought up. As to Executive Orders by obooba--exactly what could he sign that would mean dog poop? He can't raise taxes or use Commerce Clause powers--reserved to the legistative branch. He can't change black letter law--including McDonald, also reserved to the legislature and sure to be injuncted by the courts. He has no power to interfere in States' manufacture of weapons or ammo. And he will be putting his head in the sand as his DoJ and batfe blow up in his face over the Gun Runner scandal. There is not going to be anything out of his palace that will mean crap. And the Arkansas Sow is meaningless as to internal US affairs. Bringing the so called treaty to the Senate and soundly defeating it would be one of the best triumphs for the 2A in history.
Well, he did a pretty good job at starting an unconstitutional war without congress' approval.

Gunslinger

Seems like he's getting away with it so far. :( Unless you have some other info I don't know about?

His own party is skewering him worse than the opposition--and they are going after it pretty hard. For the first time, I've heard rumblings that he may have a challenge for the renom...puts me in mind of 1968 with Bobby going against lbj--until he got wacked and lbj headed back to herd gilla monsters.

Brass Magnet

Founder's Club Member
His own party is skewering him worse than the opposition--and they are going after it pretty hard. For the first time, I've heard rumblings that he may have a challenge for the renom...puts me in mind of 1968 with Bobby going against lbj--until he got wacked and lbj headed back to herd gilla monsters.
I'm hoping his democratic enemies register republican for the primaries and vote Ron Paul instead of nominating a challenger from the left. :D
There was an article on the huffington post calling for just that the other day.

oliverclotheshoff

I just got back from the Range and stopped at Sportsman's Warehouse. A Glock Model 17 that I purchased there 1 week ago today for $499.00 + tax now costs $538.00 + tax. And they have the cheapest Glock prices around. (I like the Glock, but my Springfield XD-9 is what is on my hip right now.) Last week, the cheapest price for a basic Glock 17 was also $499.00 on Gallery of Guns. This same firearm, ON SALE, is now more expensive at all local dealers. (Dealers bid on Gallery of Guns, a distributor, and have the guns shipped to the FFL where the customer picks them up and pays the remain amount due after a deposit is taken by credit card.)

,45 ACP Federal FMJ at Wal-Mart a week ago for $16.97 is now $19.97 and the same Federal .45 ACP FMJ is $19.99 at Sportsman's Warehouse. It is a good thing I bought 10 boxes at the lower price.

Those could be cost of raw materials increases, but the coincidental timing with the Obama announcement is worthy of note.

I did have fun at the range and put 100 rounds through a little PUMA Model 1911 chambered in .22LR, 50 rounds through a little 2-inch Taurus snubby chambered in .357 and 50 rounds of 9mm each through the Glock 17 and the Springfield XD-9.

check out glockmeister.com they get really good prices