Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where to OC in SE Michigan

Where to OC in SE Michigan

Anyone have any trouble areas, that they would like to OC at, but afriad of being hassled? Any Areas that has a good chance of a LEO encounter? Just wondering, going to be back in Michigan for a week and would like to try out some OC

I Never get any OC LEO interactions in AZ! lol
    Freedom isn't free, but this is America! We will find a way to outsource it and save some money - Jeremy

Well that's good! Being able to OC without having to worry about negative LEO interactions is the goal!

Yeah lol, guess Michigan's finally gotten up to par! Well if anyone thinks of a place post it up!
    Freedom isn't free, but this is America! We will find a way to outsource it and save some money - Jeremy

I started in Ann Arbors west side right after my CPL. I am waiting until evening to walk a park with the dog.

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy05 View Post
    Anyone have any trouble areas, that they would like to OC at, but afriad of being hassled? Any Areas that has a good chance of a LEO encounter? I Never get any OC LEO interactions in AZ! lol
    Starting a thread hoping to find trouble while OC sends a pretty bad message. It actually feeds into the anti-OCers argument that we OC for attention and try to bait LEO's. Not a good idea IMOP. Plus, we've seen quotes from this forum and others used in local news articles against OC. Your post would be gold for the anti's.

I hope my take is correct but I kinda see it as he is asking so as to avoid any encounters; as he is not used to having them in AZ.
    I would think it's an acceptable post and inquire what places to avoid. Hence he's not "looking" for an encounter.

JMO

Banned
    Just carry.

Most cities in SE MI know the law now.

Some will still try to bend it: (Detroit, Royal Oak, Warren, Westland, Dearborn, Taylor, Southgate) are some good examples but even they have conceded that OC is legal. So the best answer is OC anywhere you want, if in the cities above it would be to your advantage to OC with others (less hassles when two or more carry together, I guess their LEO's think one is a nut 2 or more are activists?)

Anywho - you should be fine, carry on!

Banned
    Stay out of the Lansing library system, and the Waterford school district.

MOC Charter Member Westland, Michigan, USA
    Anyone have any trouble areas, that they would like to OC at, but afriad of being hassled? Any Areas that has a good chance of a LEO encounter? Just wondering, going to be back in Michigan for a week and would like to try out some OC

I Never get any OC LEO interactions in AZ! lol
    Maybe this person is willing to help the OC movement, after all....this poster has the ability to carry damn near EVERYWHERE, even on an airplane.

Quote Originally Posted by dougwg View Post
    Maybe this person is willing to help the OC movement, after all....this poster has the ability to carry damn near EVERYWHERE, even on an airplane.
    Gotta love that federal piece of tin...

Yeah I'm not looking for a leo interaction, but would like to know when I should take a voice recorder with me.

Lol doug I can't oc in a plane. although atrainiee did take out his gun on the plane and then started to clean it........ Ugh he is no longer with us.

guess Michigan's finally gotten up to par!
    we are now, but the cadl case has a good chance to end ALL OC in MI.

Banned
    Yeah I'm not looking for a leo interaction, but would like to know when I should take a voice recorder with me.
    Everytime you OC or CC.

Quote Originally Posted by detroit_fan View Post
    we are now, but the cadl case has a good chance to end ALL OC in MI.
    Would you explain how thats possible?
    Today JESUS would tell me to sell my coat and buy two Springfield XD Compact 45acp's!

NRA LIFER,GOA,MOC Inc.,CLSD,MCRGO,UAW! MOLON LABE!!

Banned
    CADL has asked that OC be considered brandishing. Since it is going to be decided at the appeals level, if the judge decides that OC is brandishing, it could become case law.
    Last edited by stainless1911; 07-11-2011 at 08:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by detroit_fan View Post
    the cadl case has a good chance to end ALL OC in MI.
    Your jokes aren't good. Don't quit your day job.
    Last edited by DanM; 07-11-2011 at 08:52 PM.
    "The principle of self-defense, even involving weapons and bloodshed, has never been condemned, even by Gandhi . . ."--Dr. Martin Luther King Jr

“He who cannot protect himself or his nearest and dearest or their honor by non-violently facing death, may and ought to do so by violently dealing with the oppressor. He who can do neither of the two is a burden.”--M. K. Gandhi

"First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win." --M. K. Gandhi

Banned
    DanM, If we had a justice system run according to the constitution, you would be right. Instrad, we have a just-us system run by activists who dont care what the law is.

Campaign Veteran smellslikemichigan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dougwg View Post
    and they can go around harassing people at rest stops nowhere NEAR a border without RAS, it's exciting to have a tin star!
    http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...=border+patrol
    that's OK, some of us are holding everyone accountable and some of us have 10 orders we WILL NOT obey!
    "If it ain't loaded and cocked it don't shoot." - Rooster Cogburn
    http://www.graystatemovie.com/

Quote Originally Posted by DanM View Post
    wasn't meant to be funny. it's very possible a judge with an agenda or one that lets personal beliefs guide their decision could rule against us.

Banned
    Already happened, could happen again.

I agree with Warchild, it appears the op is trying to avoid confrontation...not trying to FIND it.
    Giving up our liberties for safety is the one sure way to let the violent among us win.

"Though defensive violence will always be a 'sad necessity' in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men." -Saint Augustine

Disclaimer – I am not a lawyer! Please do not consider anything you read from me to be legal advice.

Quote Originally Posted by detroit_fan
    Quote Originally Posted by DanM
    wasn't meant to be funny. it's very possible a judge with an agenda or one that lets personal beliefs guide their decision could rule against us.
    Judges giving bad rulings based on agenda or personal beliefs happens all the time. That is a fact.

Facts are different than predictions. Predictions like:
    Quote Originally Posted by detroit_fan
    the cadl case has a good chance to end ALL OC in MI.
    I agree with your fact about judges. I do not agree with your prediction. If it's not a bad joke, it's even worse as a straight-faced prediction.

Here's a prediction much more likely to be true: the CADL case has little to zero chance to end ALL OC in MI.
    Last edited by DanM; 07-12-2011 at 12:28 PM.
    "The principle of self-defense, even involving weapons and bloodshed, has never been condemned, even by Gandhi . . ."--Dr. Martin Luther King Jr

“He who cannot protect himself or his nearest and dearest or their honor by non-violently facing death, may and ought to do so by violently dealing with the oppressor. He who can do neither of the two is a burden.”--M. K. Gandhi

"First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win." --M. K. Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by DanM View Post
    Judges giving bad rulings based on agenda or personal beliefs happens all the time. That is a fact.

Facts are different than predictions. Predictions like:

I agree with your fact about judges. I do not agree with your prediction. If it's not a bad joke, it's even worse as a straight-faced prediction.

Here's a prediction much more likely to be true: the CADL case has little to zero chance to end ALL OC in MI.
    I wish I was a confident as you, I'm just not anymore. Before we found out who the judge was did you really believe the cadl would be able to ban oc from the library? I didn't, but it sure as hell happened. I see it as 50/50, depending on who the judge is, so I consider that a good chance. If you disagree that's fine, I hope you're right. I've just lost my confidence in our judicial system.

Banned
    Im with detroit fan on this one, I just dont trust the system.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast