• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Where to OC in SE Michigan

jeremy05

Anyone have any trouble areas, that they would like to OC at, but afriad of being hassled? Any Areas that has a good chance of a LEO encounter? Just wondering, going to be back in Michigan for a week and would like to try out some OC

I Never get any OC LEO interactions in AZ! lol

Greyh Seer

Well that's good! Being able to OC without having to worry about negative LEO interactions is the goal!

:)

Mitchell

I started in Ann Arbors west side right after my CPL. I am waiting until evening to walk a park with the dog.

scot623

Anyone have any trouble areas, that they would like to OC at, but afriad of being hassled? Any Areas that has a good chance of a LEO encounter? I Never get any OC LEO interactions in AZ! lol

Starting a thread hoping to find trouble while OC sends a pretty bad message. It actually feeds into the anti-OCers argument that we OC for attention and try to bait LEO's. Not a good idea IMOP. Plus, we've seen quotes from this forum and others used in local news articles against OC. Your post would be gold for the anti's.

WARCHILD

I hope my take is correct but I kinda see it as he is asking so as to avoid any encounters; as he is not used to having them in AZ.
I would think it's an acceptable post and inquire what places to avoid. Hence he's not "looking" for an encounter.

JMO

Get2DahChopper

Most cities in SE MI know the law now.

Some will still try to bend it: (Detroit, Royal Oak, Warren, Westland, Dearborn, Taylor, Southgate) are some good examples but even they have conceded that OC is legal. So the best answer is OC anywhere you want, if in the cities above it would be to your advantage to OC with others (less hassles when two or more carry together, I guess their LEO's think one is a nut 2 or more are activists?):eek:

Anywho - you should be fine, carry on!:banana: :monkey :dude:

dougwg

MOC Charter Member Westland, Michigan, USA
Anyone have any trouble areas, that they would like to OC at, but afriad of being hassled? Any Areas that has a good chance of a LEO encounter? Just wondering, going to be back in Michigan for a week and would like to try out some OC

I Never get any OC LEO interactions in AZ! lol

Maybe this person is willing to help the OC movement, after all....this poster has the ability to carry damn near EVERYWHERE, even on an airplane. :p

jeremy05

Yeah I'm not looking for a leo interaction, but would like to know when I should take a voice recorder with me.

Lol doug I can't oc in a plane. although atrainiee did take out his gun on the plane and then started to clean it........ Ugh he is no longer with us.

smellslikemichigan

Campaign Veteran