• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Mark Fiorino Update...

Curmudgeon

He has a court date coming up on July 14th, at 9am. He is charged with "contempt of cop" or some such.

Other than that, nothing new. He and his attorney are waiting to see what happens with this trial. It is suspected that the trial will be postponed because the LEO is supposed to be on vacation the week before and after the trial.

xd shooter

Isn't that convenient...:(

I always thought if the officer's not there, case is thrown out...

Curmudgeon

Isn't that convenient...:(

I always thought if the officer's not there, case is thrown out...

My guess is this, the Officer was there and a part of the original encounter of course, but he did not write a citation. The charges were brought by the DA's office later on, after they found out that Mark was planning a suit.

The Officer's attendance is more like that of a witness. If lowly citizen scum like you or I were to attempt to get out of a court date for vacation, we would be ordered to appear and jailed if we didn't show.

The Philly gubmint and it's henchmen are your betters, and you just watch your ass before you question any of their activities, lest they find your crumpled body at the bottom of a dumpster. :uhoh:

usamarshal

So the officer decided to take vacation during the trail dates? Holy crap!!!....haha....That city is very Busch League if you ask me.

Curmudgeon

Aaannnnddd... it has happened. They (the prosecution) have filed for a continuance... http://forum.pafoa.org/open-carry-144/137568-vipers-court-date.html

jerkit.gif

9orangeletters

usamarshal

Good for Mark. Glad the judge wasn't bought off as well...I don't trust the criminal justice system in cities like Philly, NYC, Chicago, etc...haha Carry on!!!