Thread: NRA has online petition calling for Eric Holder to resign

NRA has online petition calling for Eric Holder to resign

NRA on thier site; www.NRA.org has an online petition calling for Eric Holder to resign. I suggest everyone go there and sign it, I already did.

Thanks for the heads up

Just signed it.

Chap
    Kimber Ultra Carry II .45 ACP, 3" barrel 1911 with a Mitch Rosen holster

New additions to the family -
    XDm .45 ACP 02FEB11,
    Ruger LCP .380 05FEB11

Done.

There is a spot on my butt for the NRA to kiss. It's right next to the one for Eric Holder.
    The thing about common sense is....it ain't too common.
    Will Rogers

Founder's Club Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rodbender View Post
    There is a spot on my butt for the NRA to kiss. It's right next to the one for Eric Holder.
    I do wish NRA would be more gun-oriented than bureaucracy-oriented.

However, the enemy of my enemy is my friend. For the moment, anyway. On this single issue.
    Last edited by Citizen; 07-11-2011 at 12:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen View Post
    I do wish NRA would be more gun-oriented than bureaucracy-oriented.

However, the enemy of my enemy is my friend. For the moment, anyway. On this single issue.
    I agree 100%. I also signed the petition. The NRA still has an incredible amount of power on Capitol Hill, they just need to get their priorities straight.
    "When seconds count between living or dying, the police are only minutes away."

Done
    cheers - okboomer
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Lead, follow, or get out of the way

Exercising my 2A Rights does NOT make me a CRIMINAL! Infringing on the exercise of those rights makes YOU one!

You guys who have signed this let me know how much spam you start getting from the NRA. If after a fews weeks you say, none, I'll sign it.

I signed it
    ‘‘Laws that forbid the carrying of arms... disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes... Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man.’’ Thomas Jefferson

I'm not an NRA fan because I see them as a political entity and as such they are worried about power and not gun rights,but I signed it anyways. Not like Holder will step down. He'll just keep doing what he wants.

I don't count the NRA stuff as SPAM. I like reading about what they are doing throughout the week. Once in a while I get an annoying thing from the president like OBAMA IS GOING HOUSE TO HOUSE TONIGHT HIMSELF IN PERSON TAKING GUNS DONATE NOW < but that's just once in a while, I like hearing about what they do and what the NRA-ILA has it's eyes on.

I am a lifetime member and signing this and other items does not increase the amount of email I get from the NRA or other 2A organizations.
    cheers - okboomer
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Exercising my 2A Rights does NOT make me a CRIMINAL! Infringing on the exercise of those rights makes YOU one!

Quote Originally Posted by Tony4310 View Post
    [snip]Not like Holder will step down. He'll just keep doing what he wants.
    I don't know, where's Van Jones now ?
    cheers - okboomer
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I Just signed it... Thanks for the info.
    J Bar L Firearm Training Academy
    Texas Certified Concealed Hand Gun Instructor
    Texas Parks & Wildlife Hunter Education Instructor
    NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
    NRA Certified Home Firearm Safety Instructor
    http://jblfta.wix.com/jeff

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Where The 2nd Amendment is Practiced Every Day

Quote Originally Posted by thebigsd View Post
    I agree 100%. I also signed the petition. The NRA still has an incredible amount of power on Capitol Hill, they just need to get their priorities straight.
    If their priorities are that of the membership, they are straight.
    "Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by rodbender View Post
    The NRA is the largest, most active, and most effective firearms rights organization in the world. What's your beef with it, RB?
    Last edited by HankT; 07-18-2011 at 03:12 PM.

Signed it
    Pres. Florida Parishes Chapter of LOCAL www.laopencarry.org

.308 Isn't an area code, but it can still make long distance calls.
    How may I help you? Press '1' for English. Press '2' to disconnect until you learn to speak English.

Wolf

Quote Originally Posted by HankT View Post
    The NRA is the largest, most active, and most effective firearms rights organization in the world. What's your beef with it, RB?
    Probably has something to do with them not supporting OC, how certain board members are effectively anti OC, how they abandoned OC in Florida this year, how they primarily only support laws that further their business model, and I'm sure other people can think of other reasons. Just because they have the politicians ears doesn't mean they are the best.

Quote Originally Posted by Aknazer View Post
    Probably has something to do with them not supporting OC, how certain board members are effectively anti OC, how they abandoned OC in Florida this year, how they primarily only support laws that further their business model, and I'm sure other people can think of other reasons. Just because they have the politicians ears doesn't mean they are the best.
    Quote Originally Posted by wrightme View Post
    If their priorities are that of the membership, they are straight.

If you do not believe their priorities are what you want to see, get onboard, and get EVERYONE like-minded onboard with them and show them with numbers where their priorities should be.

As a group, they are the culmination of their members. If a majority of the membership supports OC, they should. If a majority of the membership does NOT support OC, they should not.
    "Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

. . . they primarily only support laws that further their business model . . .
    What's the NRA's "business model," Ak?

Ah, maybe you should take a second look ... the NRA over the past couple of years has included concealed carry issues and open carry issues in their reporting (America's 1st Freedom, website) and under their ILA umbrella of activism. For decades the NRA has been certifying small armes instructors and supported handguns as part of their overall gun activism.

As always, your own research is the best way to form your own opinion.
    cheers - okboomer
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Quote Originally Posted by okboomer View Post
    Ah, maybe you should take a second look ... the NRA over the past couple of years has included concealed carry issues and open carry issues in their reporting (America's 1st Freedom, website) and under their ILA umbrella of activism. For decades the NRA has been certifying small armes instructors and supported handguns as part of their overall gun activism.

As always, your own research is the best way to form your own opinion.
    Yet relying upon ONLY one's own research can leave gaps in understanding. This is a good case. People frequently do not "locate" the information that might alter their opinion; only the information that matches their opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by HankT View Post
    Well now let's see.

The fact that they:

...helped write the GCA '68 and it is almost a carbon copy of the gun control act passed by Germany in the 1930's

...helped write the NFA '34

...will not openly support any open carry legislation

...would not challenge the feds on any gun ban until the SAF had won Heller (now they talk like it was their lawsuit without actually claiming it)

...they told Lavender that they would support the OC bill in Texas if he would file it late as to not distract attention from other bills they had supported, knowing it would not have enough time

...then they said they would support it after it came out of committee, which they didn't expect to happen

...when it made it out of committee, they didn't openly support it at all

These are the main ones and I think it's rightly enough.
    Last edited by rodbender; 07-21-2011 at 10:46 AM.
    The thing about common sense is....it ain't too common.
    Will Rogers