• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Anyone have the spread on IL changing their gun laws in the next year?

XD40-OD

Campaign Veteran
If I were a betting man....

Though they are the home of the Bears and Cubs, so they like continually being in last place...

I wonder if Vegas has odds yet?

HandyHamlet

Well I spent about 18 hours in Chi-town yesterday. And Springfield is still there. So... Unless everything burned to the ground some time today I would bet on "never".

The Land of Lincoln is probably top 10 for most corrupt places on planet earth. Four Governors imprisoned in 35 years. Videoing/recording police is a Felony with a capitol "F". Road Blocks, profiling, warrantless searches, Police torture squads. Toll Road "Authority". Secretary of State Police. No death penalty because roughly 75% of the convictions were overturned. The state has agriculture, manufacturing, entertainment, gambling, R&D, hunting, fishing, O'Hare airport, railroads, Canals, lake Michigan... and the entire state is bankrupt.

XD40-OD

Campaign Veteran
Well I spent about 18 hours in Chi-town yesterday. And Springfield is still there. So... Unless everything burned to the ground some time today I would bet on "never".

The Land of Lincoln is probably top 10 for most corrupt places on planet earth. Four Governors imprisoned in 35 years. Videoing/recording police is a Felony with a capitol "F". Road Blocks, profiling, warrantless searches, Police torture squads. Toll Road "Authority". Secretary of State Police. No death penalty because roughly 75% of the convictions were overturned. The state has agriculture, manufacturing, entertainment, gambling, R&D, hunting, fishing, O'Hare airport, railroads, Canals, lake Michigan... and the entire state is bankrupt.

I lived there for 3 years while at Uni, and know exactly what you're talking about. I may have found a fib bff :)

hermannr

The odds of Chicago and/or IL changing their gun laws withing 365 days? 100%

The odds that those changes will be any good/better? 0%

The only reason they will change their laws will to circumvent the courts, so the court will not tell them what they can or can not do, so it would force another suit.

I rememeber one guy that said I may win, but he would disposition me into bankruptcy before it went to court...it went to court, he lost, he was ordered to pay my attorney's fees...not...he skipped town instead of paying,..but I did get my over-mortgaged (by him) property back. Just before we went to court he remortgaged the property for every last penny he could get out of it. Oh well... learning money my dad would call that. The price of education.

So what I see is, what the IL politicos really want to do is drain as much money out of the SA foundation and NRA legal defence fund as they possibly can. Remember they changed their law (still unacceptable) and then tried to not pay the SA's legal expenses as they were told to??? They lost that one fortunately.

Last edited:

TyGuy

I'm still living down here. :-( i do hope to move soon though, tennessee here i come

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
Too bad you guys just can't move out of Illinois. I bet if all the people who just wanted to own/carry guns moved the population might drop a bit, of course I realize that is unrealistic. I had some hope for you when Daley left Chicago but then you got Rahm Emanuel, so you might be SOL. Good luck anyways but I would say the odds are one in a billion. Those odds do put you ahead of Washington DC though :)