• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Road trip...passing through Dodge City; have questions

The_dude

A buddy and I are going to be riding through Kansas and staying an evening in Dodge City. Can anyone advise on what we should expect or know before we are there. Our basic plan is to ride into town, see some of the old west locales, stay one night at the hotel and then head to New Mexico the next day.

I read on the forums that Dodge City is OC friendly but wouldn't mind any info on what to expect in that town if anyone has experience.

DWCook

Activist Member
Just be ready to be questioned and asked on why your OC. But all in all its pretty laid back city for OC. You might find a few screws loose in some people but nothing thats going to surprise you or wont expect. As always keep ID on you and just be normal. That is all :) :) :) :)

The_dude

Cool, thanks for the input. That's what I was hoping to hear. That's the case I've always had when I OC, except when I was in Tombstone AZ years ago and the towns people were really uptight...even had the cops come and question us. Fortunately the sherriff was really cool about it.

But sounds good in Dodge, I have no problem being agreeable. Thanks again.

DWCook

Activist Member
No problem on the information. Just as always carry safe and don't be that one guy that ruins it for others.