Thread: New More Powerful Editor Available in The Forum

New More Powerful Editor Available in The Forum

We have now upgraded to vBulletin to 4.1.4 and the advanced text editor has some great new features you might find useful. See the video at:

https://www.vbulletin.com/forum/show...e-for-download

Feel free to post any questions here.

John

Founder's Club Member Brass Magnet's Avatar

Great on PC; phone, not so much....

Hi John,
    I'd just like to give a little feedback on the new editor. It's great on the PC; but it's painfully slow on my adroid devices. I think it has something to do with where the editor processes the information. On my Xoom the keystroke lag is literally 2 seconds or more.

I know this has everything to do with android and not the forum but the lag makes it almost unuseable in the browser for those portable devices. I don't have tapatalk; maybe it doesn't have this issue.
    R[ƎVO˩]UTION

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Lex malla, lex nulla

I occasionally find it slow, & I'm on a laptop.
    F'rinstance, when I'm typing it's a word or so behind me.

And I haven't been able to edit anything. Once it's posted, that's it.
    When I click on the edit button, it behaves like it means to let me edit, but I get a blank box where there should be text.

Other than that, it's fine.
    Way more features than I'll probably ever use; I was happy w/ the old one.
    Of course, my cell phone is also just a phone.

Quote Originally Posted by Brass Magnet View Post
    Hi John,
    I'd just like to give a little feedback on the new editor. It's great on the PC; but it's painfully slow on my adroid devices. I think it has something to do with where the editor processes the information. On my Xoom the keystroke lag is literally 2 seconds or more.

I know this has everything to do with android and not the forum but the lag makes it almost unuseable in the browser for those portable devices. I don't have tapatalk; maybe it doesn't have this issue.
    No issues at all for me with Tapatalk. It's a great app, I recommend it.
    "When seconds count between living or dying, the police are only minutes away."

Quote Originally Posted by MKEgal View Post
    I occasionally find it slow, & I'm on a laptop.
    F'rinstance, when I'm typing it's a word or so behind me.

And I haven't been able to edit anything. Once it's posted, that's it.
    When I click on the edit button, it behaves like it means to let me edit, but I get a blank box where there should be text.

Other than that, it's fine.
    Way more features than I'll probably ever use; I was happy w/ the old one.
    Of course, my cell phone is also just a phone.
    What browser are you using MKEgal? It's working fine on IE with my laptop, edits and all. It may be something you don't have turned on in your browser security also.

Quote Originally Posted by thebigsd View Post
    No issues at all for me with Tapatalk. It's a great app, I recommend it.
    I just hate...paying...errrrrrr...money for stuff! LOL
    I may just have to bite the bullet one of these days since I won't be switching from android anytime soon.
    R[ƎVO˩]UTION

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Lex malla, lex nulla

Quote Originally Posted by Brass Magnet View Post

I just hate...paying...errrrrrr...money for stuff! LOL
    I may just have to bite the bullet one of these days since I won't be switching from android anytime soon.
    Me too!! But it is totally worth it. The pages load about twenty times faster than on my phone's browser. It has a great UI too.

Autocorrect no longer works on my xoom either.

Just another note John. Autocorrect and autowordguess or whatever it's called no longer works with the new editor either.

Quote Originally Posted by thebigsd View Post
    Me too!! But it is totally worth it. The pages load about twenty times faster than on my phone's browser. It has a great UI too.
    Well, looks like I'll HAVE to get tapatalk now. The new editor probably will be pretty useful on PC (well maybe, I haven't found that I needed it yet) but tonight I had to get my laptop out because it was completely unusable on my Xoom. Not bitchin...well maybe a little, but just an FYI.
    R[ƎVO˩]UTION

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Lex malla, lex nulla

Well, I went and got tapatalk. Looking pretty good so far. At least I can post with the Xoom now!

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk
    R[ƎVO˩]UTION

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Lex malla, lex nulla

Quote Originally Posted by Administrator View Post
    We have now upgraded to vBulletin to 4.1.4 and the advanced text editor has some great new features you might find useful. See the video at:

https://www.vbulletin.com/forum/show...e-for-download

Feel free to post any questions here.

John
    How the hell does 'autosave' work? Where is it saved as a draft and how do you bring it up to send? Plus, scrolling function seems to go tango uniform and I can't get to the bottom of what I've been writing--keeps scrolling back up to the post. (I just got that auto saved popup twice while writing this.) WTF, over.
    "For any man who sheds his blood with me this day shall be my brother...And gentlemen now abed shall think themselves accursed, they were not here, and hold their manhoods cheap whilst any speaks who fought with us on Crispin's day." Henry V

The new editor sucks. It breaks tab to go to next item on the page, the dragging supplants firefox's ability to resize text boxes with an inferior version, and it's auto save isn't clear at all. Any chance you can focus on fixing the broken state of "ignore" rather than this?
    "If we were to ever consider citizenship as the least bit matter of merit instead of birthright, imagine who should be selected as deserved representation of our democracy: someone who would risk their daily livelihood to cast an individually statistically insignificant vote, or those who wrap themselves in the flag against slightest slights." - agenthex

Cassville Area -Twelve Miles From Anything, Wisconsin, USA
    When I "quote and reply" to the last post in a thread, the editor won't let me enter text after the quote, but will only enter text before the quote. After I "Preview Post" the first time then I can place my text wherever I want. Where can I access the preferences for my editor?
    Dave
    45ACP-For when you care enough to send the very best-
    Fight for "Stand Your Ground " legislation!

WI DA Gerald R. Fox:
    "These so-called 'public safety' laws only put decent law-abiding citizens at a dangerous disadvantage when it comes to their personal safety, and I for one am glad that this decades-long era of defective thinking on gun issues is over..."

Remember: Don't make old People mad. We don't like being old in the first place, so it doesn't take much to piss us off.

Quote Originally Posted by davegran View Post
    When I "quote and reply" to the last post in a thread, the editor won't let me enter text after the quote, but will only enter text before the quote. After I "Preview Post" the first time then I can place my text wherever I want. Where can I access the preferences for my editor?
    Log in, click settings on the top. Then on the left side click General Settings. Then scroll down and you should see some editor options. Hope that helps.