• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

New More Powerful Editor Available in The Forum

Brass Magnet

Founder's Club Member
Great on PC; phone, not so much....

Hi John,
I'd just like to give a little feedback on the new editor. It's great on the PC; but it's painfully slow on my adroid devices. I think it has something to do with where the editor processes the information. On my Xoom the keystroke lag is literally 2 seconds or more.

I know this has everything to do with android and not the forum but the lag makes it almost unuseable in the browser for those portable devices. I don't have tapatalk; maybe it doesn't have this issue.

MKEgal

I occasionally find it slow, & I'm on a laptop.
F'rinstance, when I'm typing it's a word or so behind me.

And I haven't been able to edit anything. Once it's posted, that's it.
When I click on the edit button, it behaves like it means to let me edit, but I get a blank box where there should be text.

Other than that, it's fine.
Way more features than I'll probably ever use; I was happy w/ the old one.
Of course, my cell phone is also just a phone.

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
Hi John,
I'd just like to give a little feedback on the new editor. It's great on the PC; but it's painfully slow on my adroid devices. I think it has something to do with where the editor processes the information. On my Xoom the keystroke lag is literally 2 seconds or more.

I know this has everything to do with android and not the forum but the lag makes it almost unuseable in the browser for those portable devices. I don't have tapatalk; maybe it doesn't have this issue.

No issues at all for me with Tapatalk. It's a great app, I recommend it.

Brass Magnet

Founder's Club Member
I occasionally find it slow, & I'm on a laptop.
F'rinstance, when I'm typing it's a word or so behind me.

And I haven't been able to edit anything. Once it's posted, that's it.
When I click on the edit button, it behaves like it means to let me edit, but I get a blank box where there should be text.

Other than that, it's fine.
Way more features than I'll probably ever use; I was happy w/ the old one.
Of course, my cell phone is also just a phone.

What browser are you using MKEgal? It's working fine on IE with my laptop, edits and all. It may be something you don't have turned on in your browser security also.

No issues at all for me with Tapatalk. It's a great app, I recommend it.
I just hate...paying...errrrrrr...money for stuff! LOL
I may just have to bite the bullet one of these days since I won't be switching from android anytime soon.

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
I just hate...paying...errrrrrr...money for stuff! LOL
I may just have to bite the bullet one of these days since I won't be switching from android anytime soon.

Me too!! But it is totally worth it. The pages load about twenty times faster than on my phone's browser. It has a great UI too.

Brass Magnet

Founder's Club Member
Autocorrect no longer works on my xoom either.

Just another note John. Autocorrect and autowordguess or whatever it's called no longer works with the new editor either.

Me too!! But it is totally worth it. The pages load about twenty times faster than on my phone's browser. It has a great UI too.

Well, looks like I'll HAVE to get tapatalk now. The new editor probably will be pretty useful on PC (well maybe, I haven't found that I needed it yet) but tonight I had to get my laptop out because it was completely unusable on my Xoom. Not bitchin...well maybe a little, but just an FYI.

Gunslinger

We have now upgraded to vBulletin to 4.1.4 and the advanced text editor has some great new features you might find useful. See the video at:

https://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php/381438-vBulletin-4.1.4-now-available-for-download

Feel free to post any questions here.

John

How the hell does 'autosave' work? Where is it saved as a draft and how do you bring it up to send? Plus, scrolling function seems to go tango uniform and I can't get to the bottom of what I've been writing--keeps scrolling back up to the post. (I just got that auto saved popup twice while writing this.) WTF, over.

Tawnos

The new editor sucks. It breaks tab to go to next item on the page, the dragging supplants firefox's ability to resize text boxes with an inferior version, and it's auto save isn't clear at all. Any chance you can focus on fixing the broken state of "ignore" rather than this? :)

davegran

Cassville Area -Twelve Miles From Anything, Wiscon
When I "quote and reply" to the last post in a thread, the editor won't let me enter text after the quote, but will only enter text before the quote. After I "Preview Post" the first time then I can place my text wherever I want. Where can I access the preferences for my editor?

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
When I "quote and reply" to the last post in a thread, the editor won't let me enter text after the quote, but will only enter text before the quote. After I "Preview Post" the first time then I can place my text wherever I want. Where can I access the preferences for my editor?

Log in, click settings on the top. Then on the left side click General Settings. Then scroll down and you should see some editor options. Hope that helps.