• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Holder bragged about Operation Gunrunner in 2009

HandyHamlet

Holder bragged about Operation Gunrunner in 2009
By: Barbara Hollingsworth | Local Opinion Editor | 07/09/11 10:33 AM

Read more at the Washington Examiner: http://washingtonexaminer.com/blogs...-about-operation-gunrunner-2009#ixzz1Rp0YVrRU

2009 - "Last week, our administration launched a major new effort to break the backs of the cartels. My department is committing 100 new ATF personnel to the Southwest border in the next 100 days to supplement our ongoing Project Gunrunner, DEA is adding 16 new positions on the border, as well as mobile enforcement teams, and the FBI is creating a new intelligence group focusing on kidnapping and extortion. DHS is making similar commitments, as Secretary Napolitano will detail."

So Holder's May 3rd denial appears to be refuted by his own words.

Eric-Holder-jr.jpg

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
Insert foot in mouth now...unfortunately it looks like Holder will not take a major hit from this whole situation. The acting head of the ATF was made to be the fall guy.

HandyHamlet

Have you not heard of the secret meeting on the 4th of July?

ATF Chief Testifies Before Congress in Secret Over Controversial Gun Program

July 06, 2011 1:55 PM

ABC's Jason Ryan (@JasonRyanABC) reports: The acting head of the Alcohol, Tobacco and Fire Arms agency, facing scrutiny over a controversial gun program across the U.S. - Mexico border linked to the death of a Border Patrol agent last year, appeared secretly before Congressional investigators on July 4 with his own private attorney, rather than lawyers from the Justice Department.

According to sources close to the investigation, ATF Acting Direction Ken Melson had previously wanted to testify before the oversight committees but Justice Department officials sought to delay his testimony.
http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalp...in-secret-over-controversial-gun-program.html

Issa and Grasserly Believe him.

In Secret Testimony ATF Chief Tells Congress about Controversial Gun Program

The letter sent to Holder (by Issa) notes, "If his account is accurate, then ATF leadership appears to have been effectively muzzled while the DOJ sent over false denials and buried its head in the sand. That approach distorted the truth and obstructed our investigation. The Department's inability or unwillingness to be more forthcoming served to conceal critical information that we are now learning about the involvement of other agencies, including the DEA and the FBI."

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/alco...ken-melson-clean-atf/story?id=14009585&page=2

Last edited:

Dreamer

In light of this article, can't Holder be charged with Perjury before a Congressional Committee?

That should be grounds for dismissal, if not impeachment and indictment.

G. Gordon Liddy got 20 years for coordinating the Watergate break-ins and coverup (he served only 4.5 years--Carter commuted his sentence).

Surely an outright lie, covering up a program that put weapons in the hands of international criminal organizations that resulted in the deaths of several US LEOs would be worth more than 20 years...

Just sayin'...

HandyHamlet

PrayingForWar

Founder's Club Member
Imagine what this ultimately means.

The current administration finishing out its term with Joe Biden as POTUS.

God help us all...

A chilling scenario indeed...

Yet with as slow as the wheels of justice turn in DC, it might take more than the 555 days and 22 hours the moonbat messiah and his minions have until the next Republican President is sworn in.

I forgot who said it, but someone once answered the question "What's the first thing you would do after being sworn in as President?"

The answer was: "Turn around and read Bill Clinton his Miranda Rights."

davegran

Cassville Area -Twelve Miles From Anything, Wiscon
An Open Letter to Sarah Brady

An Open Letter to Sarah Brady
Dear Mrs Brady:
I well remember learning of the tragic shooting of your husband by lunatic “lone gunman” John Hinckley in 1981. As a rabbi, I have deep sympathy for any family who suffers what you have suffered, and I have tremendous respect for anyone who transforms the sorrow of personal tragedy into an impetus to do good in the world. I have no doubt that this is what you set out to do when you first established the Brady Center.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
SNIP Surely an outright lie, covering up a program that put weapons in the hands of international criminal organizations that resulted in the deaths of several US LEOs would be worth more than 20 years...

Add 20 years for doing the program for political gain.

And, I think we should add a new crime for government employees: culpable hypocrisy.