• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Greenville NC--The wheels are falling off...

Carry24/7

It seem Charlotte isn't much better. Everyday I turn on the News it talks about a shooting or two. I have flashbacks of being in DC. But at least here I have a fighting chance to defend myself. Also on the other hand I hear more about the Perp getting shot over the victim.

Dreamer

It seem Charlotte isn't much better. Everyday I turn on the News it talks about a shooting or two. I have flashbacks of being in DC. But at least here I have a fighting chance to defend myself.

Yes, I have been having the same ideas, having lived and worked in the DC metro area (NoVa) for about a decade in the 1990s. But at least we can defend ourselves here in NC, unlike in DC and MD...

Also on the other hand I hear more about the Perp getting shot over the victim.

Yeah, there have been some VERY reassuring stories along that line. Apparently, the good people of NC are waking up, and starting to take Personal Responsibility for their personal safety--as it should be...

http://www.witn.com/crime/headlines/Victim_Chase_Robbers_While_On_Phone_With_911_125350588.html

http://www.witn.com/crime/headlines/Cops_Charlotte_Woman_Killed_Home_Invasion_Suspect_125297433.html

http://www.witn.com/crime/headlines...lence_Others_Hope_It_Will_Stop_125111439.html

http://www.witn.com/crime/headlines/DEPUTIES__Home_Invasion_Suspect_Shot_124786074.html

M

mattwestm

What's going on GREENVILLE!!!

Just got this alert from ECU:

"COMMON LAW ROBBERY On 07/15/11 at approximately 9:20 p.m. a victim reported being assaulted near 203 S. Summit Street by three black males who took a wallet, currency, and cell phone from victim. Suspects were last seen running south on Summit St. No injuries were reported. Also, on 07/15/11 at approximately 10:50 p.m. a victim reported being assaulted near 5th and Elm St. by three black males who took a wallet and currency from victim. Suspects were last seen running south toward 10th St. No injuries were reported."

It took them long enough to alert students. I don't park too far from Summit St. during the day and I'm pretty sure Dreamer parks near Summit during the school year. Pretty scary thought. I'm not giving thugs anything and proceeding to run away unless they are armed (in which case I'll be giving them 230grn of lead as long as I am not on ECU property).

Dreamer

It took them long enough to alert students. I don't park too far from Summit St. during the day and I'm pretty sure Dreamer parks near Summit during the school year. Pretty scary thought. I'm not giving thugs anything and proceeding to run away unless they are armed (in which case I'll be giving them 230grn of lead as long as I am not on ECU property).

I never received any text alerts. Haven't checked my email though...

I do park on Summit when on campus. And I almost went to my studio today to work on some stuff, but I ended up staying home today...

I can neither confirm or deny that I may have the appropriate tools in my vehicle EVERY TIME I park it off-campus, an have said tools on my hip ANY time I am in Greenville, but not on campus... :uhoh: