• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Executive Action

eastmeyers

So I am watching FNC and these are a few quotes that were thrown out:

"Obama to unveil gun control reforms in near future"
"White house says there is some sort of executive action that we will see very soon on this topic"

I am going searching on their web-site now to try and find the story. If anyone has any news to add to this that would be helpful. Any comments welcome!

No matter what is done, in whatever way, I am 100% against all Executive Actions, as they surpass our collective vote, and our voted in Representatives and Senators. I actually see this as a one step worse than legislating from the bench.

ETA: This isn't the story I saw a few minutes ago, but it is highly related.
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011/05/28/obama-administration-eyeing-gun-control-radar-groups-warn/

Last edited:

stainless1911

Banned
Obama isnt president, he is a king, he can do what he pleases. The peasnts arent willing to go to war, so we will lose. I think the .gov takes great pleasure in watching the country die slowly, as opposed to just putting her down quickly.

Mas49.56

It's probably just "common sense" exec orders. Total "Assault weapons ban" you must turn it in by the end of the business day or it's the death penalty. You know, to protect poor Mexico. Hi cap mag ban, all mags over two rounds are not needed. No grandfathering in, a total ban with 20 years in jail for each mag possessed. Its needed to stimulate the BATFE's economy. Just little things like that I'm sure.