• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Cop saved by crappy firearm...

Dreamer

Apparently some lowlife thug in Greenville took a shot at a GPD officer who was investigating a gang-related shooting on Saturday, but after the first shot (which missed), the thug's RavenArms pistol jammed, and the LEOs were able to apprehend him...

http://www.witn.com/crime/headlines...Kill_Greenville_Police_Officer_125363763.html

If this is the sort of guns that are popular with the local thug-life, we can all rest assured that they probably won't be able to get more than one or two shots off (if that...) before they have a serious malfunction. :banghead:

Law-abiding citizens would do well to take heed--and invest in good self-defense firearms and quality ammo. The BGs may have a gun, but chances it, it will be a crappy POS Jennings or Raven or something equally unreliable. Let's hope that they ALL are carrying similar POS firearms...

M

mattwestm

These thugs love Saturday Night Specials such as Raven, Phoenix, Jennings, etc. Most of them are chambered in 22LR, 25ACP, or 380ACP. And of course since thugs are thugs, they are going to buy the cheapest ammo possible (usually FMJ). Has a full moon been out or something? There must be a reason for all of these shootings...

I won't go anywhere in Greenville (except campus) unless I am carrying, plus an extra mag (might even need two at WalMart after 9PM). I can't wait to get out of this place for greener pastures.

Maybe if there were more armed citizens in Greenville, these thugs might think twice about committing violent crimes.

Last edited:

Dreamer

Maybe if there were more armed citizens in Greenville, these thugs might think twice about committing violent crimes.

Well, I'm going my part for that, and so are you, so it's a start...

And judging by the comments on WITNs website, a LOT of other law-abiding citizens feel the same as we do.

The police are overwhelmed and underfunded. The DA and judges in ENC have installed revolving doors on the prison cells. Ad the local "community leaders" come to the aid and support of these thugs when they get caught, and play the "racism" card when the People call for strong sentencing for these low-lifes, so what do you expect?

If I were the "conspiracy theory" type, I'd start to think that the gangs are actually being supplied and trained by some outside body in preparation of starting a "race war" in this region...

M

mattwestm

And judging by the comments on WITNs website, a LOT of other law-abiding citizens feel the same as we do.

The police are overwhelmed and underfunded. The DA and judges in ENC have installed revolving doors on the prison cells. Ad the local "community leaders" come to the aid and support of these thugs when they get caught, and play the "racism" card when the People call for strong sentencing for these low-lifes, so what do you expect?

If I were the "conspiracy theory" type, I'd start to think that the gangs are actually being supplied and trained by some outside body in preparation of starting a "race war" in this region...

Yeah, there are probably quite a few CCers in Greenville, but some of the people who post comments on WITN are verging on being "get off my lawn" types. ;)

I wonder if the thug who kidnapped the ECU student has been tried yet. He was already a felon and for some reason was still on the streets. An armed citizen would have put a stop to his crime sprees that will probably still continue.

Dreamer

bwhunter65

These thugs love Saturday Night Specials such as Raven, Phoenix, Jennings, etc. Most of them are chambered in 22LR, 25ACP, or 380ACP. And of course since thugs are thugs, they are going to buy the cheapest ammo possible (usually FMJ). Has a full moon been out or something? There must be a reason for all of these shootings...

I use to work for Raven Arms back in the late 80s they had only one QA guy and lots of the parts were made cheaply that's why they are cheap in price. Most are stolen from people who buy them for for protection that's all they can afford better then nothing I guess. They are no longer in business they got sued for having unsafe guns and lost the law suit but they changed names to phoenix I believe. Jennings, Raven, Phoenix, Davis are all owned by the same family.

Ruger

Occupied Greensboro, North Carolina, United States

What do you mean "IF" you were the conspiracy theory type??? LOL :p

Also, having not spent much time in Greenville, is the racial tension really that high there?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Tapatalk

mekender

If you read the comments on stories like these across the nation they are overwhelmingly pro gun... We are winning and doing so big time.