• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

NC LEO escaped injury, apprehends gang-banger--because of a crappy firearm...

Dreamer

Greenville NC PD officer was investigating a gang-related shooting Saturday, when the suspect produced a Raven Arms pistol, took cover behind a vehicle, and took a pot-shot at the LEO. Luckily, the shot missed, and the POS Raven jammed, and the LEOs were able to arrest this thug...

http://www.witn.com/crime/headlines...Kill_Greenville_Police_Officer_125363763.html

So although violent crime may be on the rise "down east" here in NC, at least it's a little comforting to know that the gang-bangers are carrying crappy pieces like this cast pot-metal POS Raven. At least there is a high probability that when they produce a gun on the streets of Greenville, it won't actually work if they pull the trigger... :uhoh:

Personally, though, I'm still a little astounded that this thug didn't end up in a body bag, considering the rash of gang violence that is currently consuming the Greenville NC area. With 7 shootings in Greenville in the last 9 days, you'd think that maybe the police would be a little "twitchy" with their trigger fingers when dealing with armed gang thugs, and in this situation, a deadly force response would have been 100% justified on the part of GPD.

But in fact, the LEOs did not fire a single shot before they apprehended this criminal...

Last edited:

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
It's great that no one was injured. I'm sure the LEO was grateful the gun jammed, that has to be an intense and scary situation. The criminal is lucky the officer remained calm and did not return fire. He will likely spend the rest of his life in jail.

Dreamer

He will likely spend the rest of his life in jail.

Apparently you aren't up on the Court System in NC in general and Pitt County in particular. :uhoh:

No doubt the Reverend Doctor William Barber II will be on his way up here from Goldsboro to speak in defense of this "young man", to attest that HE is a "victim of the system", and that he was just acting out at "the man who is holding him down"...

No, I think this guy will be convicted and will get a sentence of 15-20 years, but he'll be out in less than 5 because he "turned his life around".

The prison system in NC has revolving doors on the cells, thanks to our judges and DAs who would rather get a LOT of convictions with short sentences, rather than spend time getting convictions on more serious charges that would put thugs like this away for life...

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
Apparently you aren't up on the Court System in NC in general and Pitt County in particular. :uhoh:

No doubt the Reverend Doctor William Barber II will be on his way up here from Goldsboro to speak in defense of this "young man", to attest that HE is a "victim of the system", and that he was just acting out at "the man who is holding him down"...

No, I think this guy will be convicted and will get a sentence of 15-20 years, but he'll be out in less than 5 because he "turned his life around".

The prison system in NC has revolving doors on the cells, thanks to our judges and DAs who would rather get a LOT of convictions with short sentences, rather than spend time getting convictions on more serious charges that would put thugs like this away for life...

Well, that doesn't sound very good at all. I went on the belief that the police would come up with enough charges to put him away for life. Darn. I guess we'll have to see what happens...

Dreamer

He is being charged with attempted first degree murder and assault with a deadly weapon on a government official. He is also a known member of the Crips gang, and is a suspect in a recend shooting death of a Bloods gang member.

He'll plea down the murder charge to aggravated assault, have the weapons charge dropped altogether, and be charged later for the Bloods murder, for which he will be convicted of manslaughter. He'll do 2 years awaiting trial, and then be out in another 4 after conviction, if historical precedent has any bearing on this case...

If he had "winged" the GPD officer though, it would be a VERY different story. The fact that Mr. Savage is a lousy shot with a crappy gun is going to work strongly in his defense, unfortunately...

Instead of filing charges, the Pitt County DA should be signing off on a coroner's report for Mr. Savage. Why the GPD didn't put an end to his miserable existence, in self defense, is beyond almost everyone down here...

Last edited:

SavageOne

Greenville NC PD officer was investigating a gang-related shooting Saturday, when the suspect produced a Raven Arms pistol, took cover behind a vehicle, and took a pot-shot at the LEO. Luckily, the shot missed, and the POS Raven jammed, and the LEOs were able to arrest this thug...

I had one of those Ravens when I was much younger, a gift from my uncle. I think I know why the suspect missed. It was generally accepted that you should file off the front sight. This was done because it was widely known that if you pulled it on someone and fired they would most likely take it away from you and shove it up your arse, and without the front sight it would hurt less coming out.