Results 1 to 25 of 25

Thread: Green Bay area AACFI CCW course this Saturday..

  1. #1
    Campaign Veteran GLOCK21GB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Green Bay, Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    4,350

    Green Bay area AACFI CCW course this Saturday..

    AACFI Wisconsin Concealed carry, Certification Course

    given by: Green Bay's only Certified AACFI Instructor ( American Association of Certified Firearms Instructors )

    to be held at the - Hotel Sierra 333 Main street Green Bay, WI 54301

    in the > Champion's Room

    On Saturday July 16th

    from 1:00 pm - 6:30pm

    COST: Introductory offer of $ 125.00 Cash or Check , includes class materials, etc. & soft drinks

    Walkin's welcome but you can also Reserve a spot by calling Mr. Henry Rahr @ 920-494-3991 or email at > jrrhome@new.rr.com

    This is an informational post. If you don't want to go, then don't. But, Please no flaming it, ok.
    Last edited by GLOCK21GB; 07-11-2011 at 09:13 PM.
    http://youtu.be/xWgVGu3OR4U AACFI, Wisconsin / Minnesota Carry Certified. Action Pistol & Advanced Action pistol concepts + Urban Carbine course. When the entitlement Zombies begin looting, pillaging, raping, burning & killing..remember HEAD SHOTS it's the only way to kill a Zombie. Stockpile food & water now.

    Please support your local,county, state & Federal Law enforcement agencies, right ???

  2. #2
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    North of DePere, south of Suamico
    Posts
    131
    $125!!! Does that includea boxes of ammo and a brat with some sour kraut?

  3. #3
    Opt-Out Members scm54449's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Marshfield, WI
    Posts
    220
    Isn't Henry Rahr a buddy of our "friend" Gene German?? If so, no thanks. I don't want to risk a single penny of my money going into the pocket of someone who lobbied against constitutional carry and advocated mandatory training. Oh, that's right. Gene makes his LIVING off of training...
    Member of Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
    Cum catapultae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscript catapultus habebunt...

  4. #4
    Campaign Veteran GLOCK21GB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Green Bay, Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    4,350
    Quote Originally Posted by scm54449 View Post
    Isn't Henry Rahr a buddy of our "friend" Gene German?? If so, no thanks. I don't want to risk a single penny of my money going into the pocket of someone who lobbied against constitutional carry and advocated mandatory training. Oh, that's right. Gene makes his LIVING off of training...

    Henry is a very good friend of mine, I do believe they are also very good friends. Henry is 100% for Constitutional carry & even if we would have gotten the Holy Grail , Henry & other AACFI trainers would STILL be needed to school , individuals who are new to firearms that have no real knowledge of firearms or the legalities that go with using lethal force against another human being. I took the AACFI Minnesota class Most of the class was Legalities that go with carrying a weapon for self defense. Further more in this economy are you really going to rail against someone trying to pay the bills ?? really ?? The name of the Business game is making money, HOPEFULLY MAKING A PROFIT !
    http://youtu.be/xWgVGu3OR4U AACFI, Wisconsin / Minnesota Carry Certified. Action Pistol & Advanced Action pistol concepts + Urban Carbine course. When the entitlement Zombies begin looting, pillaging, raping, burning & killing..remember HEAD SHOTS it's the only way to kill a Zombie. Stockpile food & water now.

    Please support your local,county, state & Federal Law enforcement agencies, right ???

  5. #5
    Campaign Veteran GLOCK21GB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Green Bay, Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    4,350
    Quote Originally Posted by deadlifter View Post
    $125!!! Does that includea boxes of ammo and a brat with some sour kraut?
    This is all classroom, no firing line qualification. I thought I was a know it all six years ago before I took the class...BOY WAS I WRONG, there is a lot of legal info that you should know prior to carrying but that is for the individual to seek.
    http://youtu.be/xWgVGu3OR4U AACFI, Wisconsin / Minnesota Carry Certified. Action Pistol & Advanced Action pistol concepts + Urban Carbine course. When the entitlement Zombies begin looting, pillaging, raping, burning & killing..remember HEAD SHOTS it's the only way to kill a Zombie. Stockpile food & water now.

    Please support your local,county, state & Federal Law enforcement agencies, right ???

  6. #6
    Regular Member paul@paul-fisher.com's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Elkhorn, Wisconsin, United States
    Posts
    4,003
    Quote Originally Posted by Glock34 View Post
    AACFI Wisconsin Concealed carry, Certification Course

    given by: Green Bay's only Certified AACFI Instructor ( American Association of Certified Firearms Instructors )

    to be held at the - Hotel Sierra 333 Main street Green Bay, WI 54301

    in the > Champion's Room

    On Saturday July 16th

    from 1:00 pm - 6:30pm

    COST: Introductory offer of $ 125.00 Cash or Check , includes class materials, etc. & soft drinks

    Walkin's welcome but you can also Reserve a spot by calling Mr. Henry Rahr @ 920-494-3991 or email at > jrrhome@new.rr.com
    Crap! Does that include a reach-a-round? I'm glad the NRA told the legislators the classes are $50. Not even any range time.

  7. #7
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    758
    I will say that I can't blame anyone for trying to make a buck. Even if certain groups of trainers were all for mandated training, I don't think it makes them bad guys. They just have different views. That being said, Im thinking calico jack and shotgun have a much better chance of getting my business.
    "I don't really care for "cream cheese"..."

  8. #8
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    North of DePere, south of Suamico
    Posts
    131
    Yeah, I cant blame him either. I own a business as well, but my prices dictate what the times are like in the economy. I was getting $18 for stone work, now Im lucky to get $12. So charging more for less just doesnt seem right to me, in this economy. It just seems like alot. Just my $.02.

  9. #9
    Campaign Veteran GLOCK21GB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Green Bay, Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    4,350
    Quote Originally Posted by deadlifter View Post
    Yeah, I cant blame him either. I own a business as well, but my prices dictate what the times are like in the economy. I was getting $18 for stone work, now Im lucky to get $12. So charging more for less just doesnt seem right to me, in this economy. It just seems like alot. Just my $.02.
    other AACFI trainers in other parts of the state are fetching $ 200.00 for a 6 hour class. so $ 125.00 is a deal & for what you get taught it's priceless , you learn MUCH much more in a AACFI class than you do in a NRA basic class...SO YA GET WHAT YA PAY FOR I GUESS....
    http://youtu.be/xWgVGu3OR4U AACFI, Wisconsin / Minnesota Carry Certified. Action Pistol & Advanced Action pistol concepts + Urban Carbine course. When the entitlement Zombies begin looting, pillaging, raping, burning & killing..remember HEAD SHOTS it's the only way to kill a Zombie. Stockpile food & water now.

    Please support your local,county, state & Federal Law enforcement agencies, right ???

  10. #10
    Regular Member CalicoJack10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Arbor Vitae
    Posts
    559
    Quote Originally Posted by Glock34 View Post
    This is all classroom, no firing line qualification. I thought I was a know it all six years ago before I took the class...BOY WAS I WRONG, there is a lot of legal info that you should know prior to carrying but that is for the individual to seek.
    Yet again, I have to express that this is dangerous. Not to say that there is not valuable information, or well worth the money, but there is a need for more training. Then again, thats just me $0.02
    I am Calico Jack,,,, And I approve this message!
    (Paid for by the blood of patriots, and Calico Jack Defense)
    Calico Jack Defense

  11. #11
    Regular Member HandyHamlet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Terra, Sol
    Posts
    2,784
    Quote Originally Posted by Glock34 View Post
    other AACFI trainers in other parts of the state are fetching $ 200.00 for a 6 hour class.
    Fetching? Or do you mean trying to charge?
    "Don't interfere with anything in the Constitution. That must be maintained, for it is the only safeguard of our liberties."
    Abraham Lincoln

    "Some time ago, a bunch of lefties defied the law by dancing at the Jefferson Memorial, resulting in their arrests. Last week, a bunch of them pulled the same stunt and - using patented Lefist techniques - provoked the Park Police into having to use force to arrest them."
    Alexcabbie

  12. #12
    Founder's Club Member Brass Magnet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Right Behind You!, Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    2,818
    I don't have a problem with a guy offering a service and making a buck of course but I can't help but think that if there is no shooting involved and it's mostly legalities, can't I learn it for free? Isn't this the kind of stuff we talk about all the time on here? Self defense law, how to deal with police and when to do this or that should be availlable for free without some great mystery about them.

    If I'm going to pay for training it's going to be proper self-defense training with range time.

    Once again, I don't begrudge someone making money by teaching a class that they put together and it's a service that's needed for some. On the other hand, people who have the knowledge to keep there fellow citizens out of trouble are welcome to share it for free here. With cites of course.
    R[ƎVO˩]UTION

    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

    Lex malla, lex nulla

  13. #13
    Regular Member paul@paul-fisher.com's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Elkhorn, Wisconsin, United States
    Posts
    4,003
    Here's a class for the same price with range time with 3 calibers and they provide the guns and ammo:

    7 - 11 -11
    THE PERSONAL PROTECTION ACADEMY & THE BRISTOL SHOOTING RANGE ARE OFFERING
    AN ADDITIONAL $ 10 DISCOUNT FOR WISCONSIN & ILLINOIS RESIDENTS:
    THIS WEEKEND SATURDAY, JULY 16TH OR SUNDAY, JULY 17TH @ 130PM.

    1 PERSON ALL INCLUSIVE : $ 125
    2 PEOPLE ALL INCLUSIVE : $ 120 PER PERSON

    PLEASE CONFIRM,
    THANK YOU,
    DEB O'MALLEY
    773 497 8543
    www.personalprotectioninstruction.com

    ************************************************** ************************************************** ********************
    // Personal Protection Academy Invites //
    Illinois & Wisconsin Residents to sign up :
    Formal 3 Caliber Pistol Course //

    Saturday, July 16th or Sunday, July 17th, 2011 @ 1PM
    Bristol Shooting Range, Bristol, WI. 53104



    This course satifies the following :


    1. Wisconsin Conceal Carry Permit

    2. Non - Resident of Florida Conceal Carry Permit ( 1st requirement )

    3. Chicago Firearm Permit ( 1st requirement )




    There are " Openings " for:
    Saturday, July 16th & Sunday, July 17th @ 1PM,
    for the 3 Caliber Pistol Course.



    You may bring your own handguns & ammo to the course if you own them. ( .22, .38 Revolver, 9MM, .40 or .45 )





    If not, the firearms & ammunition will be supplied for you.



    The course includes: Full classroom instruction, pistol book, gun safety pamphlet, ATF Youth Handgun Brochure, Hands on in the classroom learning, eye dominance, sight picture, proper grip, loading & unloading a firearm with "snap caps. "




    Followed by full range instruction with 3 calibers, .22 Semi - auto, .38 revolver & 9MM Semi - auto.

    All firearms, ammunition, eye & ear protection, certified instruction, $ 30 range fee & your certificate of competion will be included.




    Please send your confirmation via email.

    Thank you,

    Debbie O'Malley

    Personal Protection Academy

    773 497 8543

    www.personalprotectioninstruction.com








  14. #14
    Campaign Veteran XD40-OD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Central WI
    Posts
    154
    Quote Originally Posted by paul@paul-fisher.com View Post
    Here's a class for the same price with range time with 3 calibers and they provide the guns and ammo:


    Win
    Poor Obama. All this time, he thought he had been placed in charge of the GovernMINT.

    Boys and girls call 911
    Men and Women call 1911

  15. #15
    Campaign Veteran GLOCK21GB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Green Bay, Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    4,350
    Quote Originally Posted by paul@paul-fisher.com View Post
    Here's a class for the same price with range time with 3 calibers and they provide the guns and ammo:
    so all inclusive includes the Gas for traveling way down there, the Hotels & the food ???? Most people in Wisconsin won't drive 2-3-4-5-6 hours to attend a ccw class for $ 125.00 which might include 50 rounds of el cheapo ammo & a HI-Point POS gun they won't actually be carrying in their day to day lives ??? This class the ONE in the OP is in Green Bay, close to those that don't decide to DRIVE ALL OVER THE STATE TO SUPPOSEDLY ((( save money))) @ 3.60 a gallon

    i KNOW YOUR ALL RIGHT & THOSE THAT TRAIN ARE THE DEVIL.... what ever
    Last edited by GLOCK21GB; 07-11-2011 at 10:58 PM.
    http://youtu.be/xWgVGu3OR4U AACFI, Wisconsin / Minnesota Carry Certified. Action Pistol & Advanced Action pistol concepts + Urban Carbine course. When the entitlement Zombies begin looting, pillaging, raping, burning & killing..remember HEAD SHOTS it's the only way to kill a Zombie. Stockpile food & water now.

    Please support your local,county, state & Federal Law enforcement agencies, right ???

  16. #16
    Regular Member HandyHamlet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Terra, Sol
    Posts
    2,784
    No, but I'd drive 6 hours for a few days of real training. That's pretty much the only alternative I have as far as I can tell.

    I'm down with that. It will be my vacation.



    My non-Green Bay resident FIB hardline opinion.
    "Don't interfere with anything in the Constitution. That must be maintained, for it is the only safeguard of our liberties."
    Abraham Lincoln

    "Some time ago, a bunch of lefties defied the law by dancing at the Jefferson Memorial, resulting in their arrests. Last week, a bunch of them pulled the same stunt and - using patented Lefist techniques - provoked the Park Police into having to use force to arrest them."
    Alexcabbie

  17. #17
    Campaign Veteran GLOCK21GB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Green Bay, Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    4,350
    Quote Originally Posted by HandyHamlet View Post
    No, but I'd drive 6 hours for a few days of real training. That's pretty much the only alternative I have as far as I can tell.

    I'm down with that. It will be my vacation.



    My non-Green Bay resident FIB hardline opinion.

    So you would drive down to Bristol, WI (( MAYBE YOU LIVE CLOSE )) TO GET "REAL" training ? When you could get Actual training much closer ( if you lived near Green Bay )? why would you need to learn Basic weapons handling, anyways ?? The class they teach is just introductory pistol handling & shooting, Anyone that already owns & shoots their pistols, will learn NOTHING new from that class in Bristol..it's for the newbies !! I guess I would prefer to get my training from a guy that knows what the heck he is talking about as Henry owns FULL AUTO NFA , is a NFA full auto dealer & instructs police depts, Sheriff's dept's & their SWAT teams how to use the Machine Guns they just purchased ....So after the classes Guess who will know more than the other ?? The person instructed by some small far away personal protection academy ..or Instructors that belong to the AMERICAN ASSOCIATION OF CERTIFIED FIREARMS INSTRUCTORS a National training organization ???

    Funny how some shoot down the AACFI YET ARE Ok with some other firearms training business..seems a little hypocritical ...FLAME ON

    I could really careless what you do with your money.....but those here that have taken the AACFI class knows what real training is...
    Last edited by GLOCK21GB; 07-11-2011 at 11:20 PM.
    http://youtu.be/xWgVGu3OR4U AACFI, Wisconsin / Minnesota Carry Certified. Action Pistol & Advanced Action pistol concepts + Urban Carbine course. When the entitlement Zombies begin looting, pillaging, raping, burning & killing..remember HEAD SHOTS it's the only way to kill a Zombie. Stockpile food & water now.

    Please support your local,county, state & Federal Law enforcement agencies, right ???

  18. #18
    Regular Member HandyHamlet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Terra, Sol
    Posts
    2,784
    Quote Originally Posted by Glock34 View Post
    So you would drive down to Bristol, WI (( MAYBE YOU LIVE CLOSE )) TO GET "REAL" training ? When you could get Actual training much closer ( if you lived near Green Bay )?
    Say what? I'm not arguing with you.

    I do not understand the difference between real training and actual training.

    I would never set foot into the Bristol Training thing. As far as I understand it is run by an ex-Chicago cop (according to the poster who started that thread a while back). ALL Chicago cops were on the take. If they were new and honest they were assigned to Cabrini Green until they broke. There is actually a brand new book out about it written by a cop who was sent to Cabrini. He lasted two weeks. If I have time I'll find it. F*ck if I EVER support an ex-Chicago Cop.

    I'm saying it isn't worth it if I have to pay $125 for a class were I sit on my ass and doodle on hand-outs. I will instead opt to drive up to Calico Jacks and spend a few more bucks and a few days learning self defense. Make a vacation out of it.

    That's all I'm saying in my Fib hardline opinion.
    "Don't interfere with anything in the Constitution. That must be maintained, for it is the only safeguard of our liberties."
    Abraham Lincoln

    "Some time ago, a bunch of lefties defied the law by dancing at the Jefferson Memorial, resulting in their arrests. Last week, a bunch of them pulled the same stunt and - using patented Lefist techniques - provoked the Park Police into having to use force to arrest them."
    Alexcabbie

  19. #19
    Campaign Veteran XD40-OD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Central WI
    Posts
    154
    Anyone who pays that much for a 'class', 'training' which consists of 5+ hours of classroom, is a fool

    I'm getting more and more disgusted by the day with the gougers
    Poor Obama. All this time, he thought he had been placed in charge of the GovernMINT.

    Boys and girls call 911
    Men and Women call 1911

  20. #20
    Founder's Club Member Brass Magnet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Right Behind You!, Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    2,818
    Quote Originally Posted by Glock34 View Post
    I could really careless what you do with your money.....but those here that have taken the AACFI class knows what real training is...
    It's this kind of secret squirrel stuff that really get's me. Why don't you enlighten us on the real training? A little preview perhaps? Hopefully you aren't sworn to secrecy or anything.

    Also, please stop painting us with a broad brush. I have no problem with these guys trying to make a buck but I personally want self defense training and range time. For others; especially those that don't come on here and read, this class may be something they'd like to take.
    Last edited by Brass Magnet; 07-12-2011 at 08:07 AM.
    R[ƎVO˩]UTION

    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

    Lex malla, lex nulla

  21. #21
    Campaign Veteran GLOCK21GB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Green Bay, Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    4,350
    Quote Originally Posted by Brass Magnet View Post
    It's this kind of secret squirrel stuff that really get's me. Why don't you enlighten us on the real training? A little preview perhaps? Hopefully you aren't sworn to secrecy or anything.

    Also, please stop painting us with a broad brush. I have no problem with these guys trying to make a buck but I personally want self defense training and range time. For others; especially those that don't come on here and read, this class may be something they'd like to take.
    Nothing secret squirrel in the class...I am not a trainer so I am not qualified to give examples of curiculum that has changed since I took the class in 2006 , I am taking it again the updated class.
    http://youtu.be/xWgVGu3OR4U AACFI, Wisconsin / Minnesota Carry Certified. Action Pistol & Advanced Action pistol concepts + Urban Carbine course. When the entitlement Zombies begin looting, pillaging, raping, burning & killing..remember HEAD SHOTS it's the only way to kill a Zombie. Stockpile food & water now.

    Please support your local,county, state & Federal Law enforcement agencies, right ???

  22. #22
    Founder's Club Member Brass Magnet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Right Behind You!, Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    2,818
    Quote Originally Posted by Glock34 View Post
    Nothing secret squirrel in the class...I am not a trainer so I am not qualified to give examples of curiculum that has changed since I took the class in 2006 , I am taking it again the updated class.
    Sure you are qualified to give examples. You did take the class. There's no reason not to tell us what's in the class, or at least what you covered when you took the class yourself, as long as you don't profess to be an "authority" on the matter. We use IANAL around here all the time, no reason not to coin a new one: IANAI (I Am Not An Instructor).
    Last edited by Brass Magnet; 07-12-2011 at 10:55 AM.
    R[ƎVO˩]UTION

    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

    Lex malla, lex nulla

  23. #23
    Campaign Veteran GLOCK21GB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Green Bay, Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    4,350
    Quote Originally Posted by Brass Magnet View Post
    Sure you are qualified to give examples. You did take the class. There's no reason not to tell us what's in the class, or at least what you covered when you took the class yourself, as long as you don't profess to be an "authority" on the matter. We use IANAL around here all the time, no reason not to coin a new one: IANAI (I Am Not An Instructor).
    OK.......IANAI (I Am Not An Instructor) THEY DO TEACH STUDENTS to dial 911 after you are forced to defend yourself with lethal force & to lawyer up after the Justafiable shooting.

    If you want to learn more take the class
    http://youtu.be/xWgVGu3OR4U AACFI, Wisconsin / Minnesota Carry Certified. Action Pistol & Advanced Action pistol concepts + Urban Carbine course. When the entitlement Zombies begin looting, pillaging, raping, burning & killing..remember HEAD SHOTS it's the only way to kill a Zombie. Stockpile food & water now.

    Please support your local,county, state & Federal Law enforcement agencies, right ???

  24. #24
    Founder's Club Member Brass Magnet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Right Behind You!, Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    2,818
    Quote Originally Posted by Glock34 View Post
    <snip>If you want to learn more take the class
    Or read the forum.


    Once again, I'm not desparaging the course, nor the instructors; I'm just saying that a lot of the information can probably be found elsewhere by those who are inclined to study it. I'm merely suggesting an alternative. IANAI of course.
    R[ƎVO˩]UTION

    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

    Lex malla, lex nulla

  25. #25
    Campaign Veteran GLOCK21GB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Green Bay, Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    4,350
    Quote Originally Posted by Brass Magnet View Post
    Or read the forum.


    Once again, I'm not desparaging the course, nor the instructors; I'm just saying that a lot of the information can probably be found elsewhere by those who are inclined to study it. I'm merely suggesting an alternative. IANAI of course.
    I am not arguing with you...
    http://youtu.be/xWgVGu3OR4U AACFI, Wisconsin / Minnesota Carry Certified. Action Pistol & Advanced Action pistol concepts + Urban Carbine course. When the entitlement Zombies begin looting, pillaging, raping, burning & killing..remember HEAD SHOTS it's the only way to kill a Zombie. Stockpile food & water now.

    Please support your local,county, state & Federal Law enforcement agencies, right ???

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •