• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Green Bay area AACFI CCW course this Saturday..

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
AACFI Wisconsin Concealed carry, Certification Course

given by: Green Bay's only Certified AACFI Instructor ( American Association of Certified Firearms Instructors )

to be held at the - Hotel Sierra 333 Main street Green Bay, WI 54301

in the > Champion's Room

On Saturday July 16th

from 1:00 pm - 6:30pm

COST: Introductory offer of $ 125.00 Cash or Check , includes class materials, etc. & soft drinks

Walkin's welcome but you can also Reserve a spot by calling Mr. Henry Rahr @ 920-494-3991 or email at > jrrhome@new.rr.com

This is an informational post. If you don't want to go, then don't. But, Please no flaming it, ok.

Last edited:

scm54449

Opt-Out Members
Isn't Henry Rahr a buddy of our "friend" Gene German?? If so, no thanks. I don't want to risk a single penny of my money going into the pocket of someone who lobbied against constitutional carry and advocated mandatory training. Oh, that's right. Gene makes his LIVING off of training...:eek:

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
Isn't Henry Rahr a buddy of our "friend" Gene German?? If so, no thanks. I don't want to risk a single penny of my money going into the pocket of someone who lobbied against constitutional carry and advocated mandatory training. Oh, that's right. Gene makes his LIVING off of training...:eek:

Henry is a very good friend of mine, I do believe they are also very good friends. Henry is 100% for Constitutional carry & even if we would have gotten the Holy Grail , Henry & other AACFI trainers would STILL be needed to school , individuals who are new to firearms that have no real knowledge of firearms or the legalities that go with using lethal force against another human being. I took the AACFI Minnesota class Most of the class was Legalities that go with carrying a weapon for self defense. Further more in this economy are you really going to rail against someone trying to pay the bills ?? really ?? The name of the Business game is making money, HOPEFULLY MAKING A PROFIT !

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
$125!!! Does that includea boxes of ammo and a brat with some sour kraut?

This is all classroom, no firing line qualification. I thought I was a know it all six years ago before I took the class...BOY WAS I WRONG, there is a lot of legal info that you should know prior to carrying but that is for the individual to seek.

paul@paul-fisher.com

AACFI Wisconsin Concealed carry, Certification Course

given by: Green Bay's only Certified AACFI Instructor ( American Association of Certified Firearms Instructors )

to be held at the - Hotel Sierra 333 Main street Green Bay, WI 54301

in the > Champion's Room

On Saturday July 16th

from 1:00 pm - 6:30pm

COST: Introductory offer of $ 125.00 Cash or Check , includes class materials, etc. & soft drinks

Walkin's welcome but you can also Reserve a spot by calling Mr. Henry Rahr @ 920-494-3991 or email at > jrrhome@new.rr.com

Crap! Does that include a reach-a-round? I'm glad the NRA told the legislators the classes are $50. Not even any range time.

Mlutz

I will say that I can't blame anyone for trying to make a buck. Even if certain groups of trainers were all for mandated training, I don't think it makes them bad guys. They just have different views. That being said, Im thinking calico jack and shotgun have a much better chance of getting my business.

deadlifter

Yeah, I cant blame him either. I own a business as well, but my prices dictate what the times are like in the economy. I was getting $18 for stone work, now Im lucky to get $12. So charging more for less just doesnt seem right to me, in this economy. It just seems like alot. Just my $.02.

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
Yeah, I cant blame him either. I own a business as well, but my prices dictate what the times are like in the economy. I was getting $18 for stone work, now Im lucky to get $12. So charging more for less just doesnt seem right to me, in this economy. It just seems like alot. Just my $.02.

other AACFI trainers in other parts of the state are fetching $ 200.00 for a 6 hour class. so $ 125.00 is a deal & for what you get taught it's priceless , you learn MUCH much more in a AACFI class than you do in a NRA basic class...SO YA GET WHAT YA PAY FOR I GUESS....:)

CalicoJack10

This is all classroom, no firing line qualification. I thought I was a know it all six years ago before I took the class...BOY WAS I WRONG, there is a lot of legal info that you should know prior to carrying but that is for the individual to seek.

Yet again, I have to express that this is dangerous. Not to say that there is not valuable information, or well worth the money, but there is a need for more training. Then again, thats just me $0.02

Brass Magnet

Founder's Club Member
I don't have a problem with a guy offering a service and making a buck of course but I can't help but think that if there is no shooting involved and it's mostly legalities, can't I learn it for free? Isn't this the kind of stuff we talk about all the time on here? Self defense law, how to deal with police and when to do this or that should be availlable for free without some great mystery about them.

If I'm going to pay for training it's going to be proper self-defense training with range time.

Once again, I don't begrudge someone making money by teaching a class that they put together and it's a service that's needed for some. On the other hand, people who have the knowledge to keep there fellow citizens out of trouble are welcome to share it for free here. With cites of course. :D

paul@paul-fisher.com

Here's a class for the same price with range time with 3 calibers and they provide the guns and ammo:

7 - 11 -11
THE PERSONAL PROTECTION ACADEMY & THE BRISTOL SHOOTING RANGE ARE OFFERING
AN ADDITIONAL $ 10 DISCOUNT FOR WISCONSIN & ILLINOIS RESIDENTS:
THIS WEEKEND SATURDAY, JULY 16TH OR SUNDAY, JULY 17TH @ 130PM.

1 PERSON ALL INCLUSIVE : $ 125
2 PEOPLE ALL INCLUSIVE : $ 120 PER PERSON

PLEASE CONFIRM,
THANK YOU,
DEB O'MALLEY
773 497 8543
www.personalprotectioninstruction.com

************************************************************************************************************************
// Personal Protection Academy Invites //
Illinois & Wisconsin Residents to sign up :
Formal 3 Caliber Pistol Course //

Saturday, July 16th or Sunday, July 17th, 2011 @ 1PM
Bristol Shooting Range, Bristol, WI. 53104

This course satifies the following :

1. Wisconsin Conceal Carry Permit

2. Non - Resident of Florida Conceal Carry Permit ( 1st requirement )

3. Chicago Firearm Permit ( 1st requirement )

There are " Openings " for:
Saturday, July 16th & Sunday, July 17th @ 1PM,
for the 3 Caliber Pistol Course.

You may bring your own handguns & ammo to the course if you own them. ( .22, .38 Revolver, 9MM, .40 or .45 )

If not, the firearms & ammunition will be supplied for you.

The course includes: Full classroom instruction, pistol book, gun safety pamphlet, ATF Youth Handgun Brochure, Hands on in the classroom learning, eye dominance, sight picture, proper grip, loading & unloading a firearm with "snap caps. "

Followed by full range instruction with 3 calibers, .22 Semi - auto, .38 revolver & 9MM Semi - auto.

All firearms, ammunition, eye & ear protection, certified instruction, $ 30 range fee & your certificate of competion will be included.

Please send your confirmation via email.

Thank you,

Debbie O'Malley

Personal Protection Academy

773 497 8543

http://www.personalprotectioninstruction.com/www.personalprotectioninstruction.com

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
Here's a class for the same price with range time with 3 calibers and they provide the guns and ammo:

so all inclusive includes the Gas for traveling way down there, the Hotels & the food ???? Most people in Wisconsin won't drive 2-3-4-5-6 hours to attend a ccw class for $ 125.00 which might include 50 rounds of el cheapo ammo & a HI-Point POS gun they won't actually be carrying in their day to day lives ??? This class the ONE in the OP is in Green Bay, close to those that don't decide to DRIVE ALL OVER THE STATE TO SUPPOSEDLY ((( save money))) @ 3.60 a gallon

i KNOW YOUR ALL RIGHT & THOSE THAT TRAIN ARE THE DEVIL.... what ever :)

Last edited:

HandyHamlet

No, but I'd drive 6 hours for a few days of real training. That's pretty much the only alternative I have as far as I can tell.

I'm down with that. It will be my vacation.

:cool:

My non-Green Bay resident FIB hardline opinion.

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
No, but I'd drive 6 hours for a few days of real training. That's pretty much the only alternative I have as far as I can tell.

I'm down with that. It will be my vacation.

:cool:

My non-Green Bay resident FIB hardline opinion.

So you would drive down to Bristol, WI (( MAYBE YOU LIVE CLOSE )) TO GET "REAL" training ? When you could get Actual training much closer ( if you lived near Green Bay )? why would you need to learn Basic weapons handling, anyways ?? The class they teach is just introductory pistol handling & shooting, Anyone that already owns & shoots their pistols, will learn NOTHING new from that class in Bristol..it's for the newbies !! I guess I would prefer to get my training from a guy that knows what the heck he is talking about as Henry owns FULL AUTO NFA , is a NFA full auto dealer & instructs police depts, Sheriff's dept's & their SWAT teams how to use the Machine Guns they just purchased ....So after the classes Guess who will know more than the other ?? The person instructed by some small far away personal protection academy ..or Instructors that belong to the AMERICAN ASSOCIATION OF CERTIFIED FIREARMS INSTRUCTORS a National training organization ???

Funny how some shoot down the AACFI YET ARE Ok with some other firearms training business..seems a little hypocritical ...FLAME ON

I could really careless what you do with your money.....but those here that have taken the AACFI class knows what real training is...

Last edited:

HandyHamlet

So you would drive down to Bristol, WI (( MAYBE YOU LIVE CLOSE )) TO GET "REAL" training ? When you could get Actual training much closer ( if you lived near Green Bay )?

Say what? I'm not arguing with you.

I do not understand the difference between real training and actual training.

I would never set foot into the Bristol Training thing. As far as I understand it is run by an ex-Chicago cop (according to the poster who started that thread a while back). ALL Chicago cops were on the take. If they were new and honest they were assigned to Cabrini Green until they broke. There is actually a brand new book out about it written by a cop who was sent to Cabrini. He lasted two weeks. If I have time I'll find it. F*ck if I EVER support an ex-Chicago Cop.

I'm saying it isn't worth it if I have to pay $125 for a class were I sit on my ass and doodle on hand-outs. I will instead opt to drive up to Calico Jacks and spend a few more bucks and a few days learning self defense. Make a vacation out of it.

That's all I'm saying in my Fib hardline opinion.

XD40-OD

Campaign Veteran
Anyone who pays that much for a 'class', 'training' which consists of 5+ hours of classroom, is a fool

I'm getting more and more disgusted by the day with the gougers

Brass Magnet

Founder's Club Member
I could really careless what you do with your money.....but those here that have taken the AACFI class knows what real training is...

It's this kind of secret squirrel stuff that really get's me. Why don't you enlighten us on the real training? A little preview perhaps? Hopefully you aren't sworn to secrecy or anything.

Also, please stop painting us with a broad brush. I have no problem with these guys trying to make a buck but I personally want self defense training and range time. For others; especially those that don't come on here and read, this class may be something they'd like to take.

Last edited: