• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Kicked Out of BWW

wanakanabe

Manager told me a customer complained and that they do not allow firearms inside building unless you are a police officer.There were 3 police officers in the building eating lunch when i was there.One of the officers was at my table,my nephew a County police officer.
No signs on the windows and i have eaten there many times before open carry.Actually the manager sent a waitress to our table,i told her if a manager had a problem he could tell me and he finally decided to come out the back where i guess he was hiding..I told him i have been a customer a long time,been there many times oc and had a permit.He said sorry it was the owners rule.I slowly finished my drink which we had to pay for.Our order had already been taken and our food was about to arrive.I guess they all got to split a $60 dinner order because i left after finishing my cola.
This was in La Porte In

JoeSparky

Centurion
I am fairly certain that even if I only have one bite left of my dinner, IF THEY ARE ASKING ME TO LEAVE I AM ASKING FOR A REFUND OF MY MONEY! If they don't want me as a customer then they have no ethical reason to keep my money as it is a contract between us.

reefteach

BW3 is an Ohio based company which is known over here as having an extreme anti-gun policy, at least for their corparate owned stores.

They have had most of their stores here posted with no gun signs, even though alcohol serving serving restaurants are already prohibited and need not post a sign (RRestaurant carry law goes into effect in OCT). Here is a recent thread:

http://ohioccwforums.org/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=52515

wanakanabe

Reply from BWW from my "nice" letter :)

Hello

Buffalo Wild Wings respects the right of individuals to carry firearms but we do not believe they are appropriate inside of a public restaurant. We are focused on the comfort, safety and enjoyment of all of our guests and have elected to exercise our right to restrict the carrying of firearms in our restaurants. We regret any inconvenience this may cause but believe that this policy is in the best interest of all of our guests and our Team Members.

Kind Regards,

Guest Relations

Buffalo Wild Wings

5500 Wayzata Blvd.

Suite 1600

Minneapolis, MN 55416

800-499-9586

cce1302

Thank you. Here is my response to them:

I have recently learned that your corporate policy concerning firearms is that you "do not believe they are appropriate inside a public restaurant." This viewpoint concerns me greatly. Many law abiding gun owners (and law enforcement officers) believe that firearms are the most appropriate way to defend oneself against any threat.

If possessing a means for defending myself and my family against the threat of violence is not appropriate in a public restaurant, then where is it appropriate?

I have been a patron of BWW for many years, but will no longer do business with you while you insist that your customers remain defenseless inside your doors.

I submitted it here at their "contact us" page.
http://listening.buffalowildwings.com/contact.php#

cce1302

I got the same C&Pd response as you did, so I replied to that again. I think they have a bot that finds the word "gun" or "firearm" and chooses the response to send. I'm done with B-Dubs.

Thank you for your automated form letter response, Danielle.

I understand that you are focused on the comfort and enjoyment of only your guests who do not wish to carry means to defend themselves. Being a former guest who wishes to have means to defend myself, my family and I do not feel comfortable disarming. Since I live and eat in Indiana, it would be perfectly legal for me to disregard your rules and carry a concealed firearm on your property, but to do so would be to contribute to a company that rejects my basic human right to self defense.

As to your focus on the safety of all your guests, I think your company is sorely mistaken in its assertion that requiring me and other law-abiding gun owners to disarm can make anybody safer. Those of us who lawfully carry firearms for our own protection are far from being a threat. Those who illegally carry with the purpose of committing crime are never deterred by corporate policies that request customers to be defenseless.

Clay

To: "cce1302" <cce1302>
Sent: Tuesday, July 12, 2011 1:02 PM
Subject: Buffalo Wild Wings Guest Comment Response

Hello

Buffalo Wild Wings respects the right of individuals to carry firearms but we do not believe they are appropriate inside of a public restaurant. We are focused on the comfort, safety and enjoyment of all of our guests and have elected to exercise our right to restrict the carrying of firearms in our restaurants. We regret any inconvenience this may cause but believe that this policy is in the best interest of all of our guests and our Team Members.

Kind Regards,

Guest Relations

Buffalo Wild Wings

5500 Wayzata Blvd.

Suite 1600

Minneapolis, MN 55416

800-499-9586

Last edited:

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
I hate those form letters. If a customer takes the time to write a letter, the company should at least do the same.

Murphy

Wow..nice form letter...
It's so nice to see that the Corp. HQ, couldn't even put your name on the letter, and of course...no one actually put their name on the bottom...
Some of the best impersonal personal service I have yet to see....
We've got at BW3 or "BDubs" here near my house. Perhaps I should see what their policy is?

FireStar M40

Simular Situation Brings Up Interesting Question..

I have often wondered (under the above situation).. could/would the business be held libel (I guess that's the word I'm looking for), for not providing sufficient security against crime if something happened there? :confused:

FireStar M40

merc460

Ask them if they ever heard of Luby's Cafeterial in Killeen, Texas. 23 dead, 20 wounded, all by a madman, and nobody was permitted by law to carry inside at the time. Defenseless customers are potential targets, nothing more.

I have always wondered why this is not mentioned in most of the letters folks send. To listen to Suzanna Hupp tell the happenings and her feelings of the massacre is very moving.

MrOverlay

I have often wondered (under the above situation).. could/would the business be held libel (I guess that's the word I'm looking for), for not providing sufficient security against crime if something happened there? :confused:

FireStar M40

Years ago I had an opportunity to speak to one of the corporate attorneys for a medium size oil company that owned several company stations. They had a sign on their door saying no firearms allowed. I asked her if the company was assuming the responsibility for my safety since they have taken away my ability to defend myself. She gave me a typical attorney answer, but I noticed a few months later that the signs had been removed from the company stores.

Perhaps a coincidence, perhaps not.

cce1302

I kind of went back on my word today.

I ate lunch at B-Dubs.

But....it was free.....and I open carried.

I had just picked up my 2 younguns from preschool at noon, and stopped @ Lowes (Who have never said a word to me about open carry). B-Dub is putting in a new restaurant just across the parking lot, and as I pulled out of lowes, I saw a guy standing in front of B-dub holding a sign that said "Free food." at first I thought it was a homeless guy, but I digress. I pulled in and asked what's up and he said that they don't actually open until thursday but they're training staff and giving away food. They're also taking all the tip money they receive and donating it to a local hospital. So...I went in with my kids and ate lunch, left a tip, and thanked them for the food. I was carrying a handgun safely in a holster, but visible to anybody who walked by. I sat with my right (gun) side exposed. Nobody said anything. I walked in there prepared to leave if they told me I could not have a gun in there, but it never came up.

I know I did something I said I wouldn't, but my conscience is clean.