Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Green Bay Taverns & Businesses that have stated they will NOT allow Legal CCW

Green Bay Taverns & Businesses that have stated they will NOT allow Legal CCW

Tonight both the Stadium View Bar on Holmgren Way & Kittners Bar on 129 S. Washington street, both have stated tonight on the news that they WILL NOT allow anyone to carry Legal concealed weapon in their establishments.

The owner of the Stadium view said that , Alcohol & guns do not mix & he is running a "FAMILY" establishment & as long as he owns it NO GUNS WILL EVER BE ALLOWED & if he finds people are sneaking them in he would consider a metal detector, yet he says he is ALL FOR THE 2nd Amendment..... really ???
    http://youtu.be/xWgVGu3OR4U AACFI, Wisconsin / Minnesota Carry Certified. Action Pistol & Advanced Action pistol concepts + Urban Carbine course. When the entitlement Zombies begin looting, pillaging, raping, burning & killing..remember HEAD SHOTS it's the only way to kill a Zombie. Stockpile food & water now.

Please support your local,county, state & Federal Law enforcement agencies, right ???

Never heard of the place. Sucks to be them.
    "Don't interfere with anything in the Constitution. That must be maintained, for it is the only safeguard of our liberties."
    Abraham Lincoln

"Some time ago, a bunch of lefties defied the law by dancing at the Jefferson Memorial, resulting in their arrests. Last week, a bunch of them pulled the same stunt and - using patented Lefist techniques - provoked the Park Police into having to use force to arrest them."
    Alexcabbie

Quote Originally Posted by HandyHamlet View Post

Stadium View is the biggest sports bar in Green Bay
    http://youtu.be/xWgVGu3OR4U AACFI, Wisconsin / Minnesota Carry Certified. Action Pistol & Advanced Action pistol concepts + Urban Carbine course. When the entitlement Zombies begin looting, pillaging, raping, burning & killing..remember HEAD SHOTS it's the only way to kill a Zombie. Stockpile food & water now.

Please support your local,county, state & Federal Law enforcement agencies, right ???

Way to announce to all the criminals that they will have free reign on those places...
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Quote Originally Posted by Glock34 View Post
    Stadium View is the biggest sports bar in Green Bay
    Forgive me. Haven't been to Green bay yet. And it looks like I'll never get to go to the Stadium View either.
    "Don't interfere with anything in the Constitution. That must be maintained, for it is the only safeguard of our liberties."
    Abraham Lincoln

"Some time ago, a bunch of lefties defied the law by dancing at the Jefferson Memorial, resulting in their arrests. Last week, a bunch of them pulled the same stunt and - using patented Lefist techniques - provoked the Park Police into having to use force to arrest them."
    Alexcabbie

Would be VERY stupid of them to not allow and post no guns, given the fact that if they'd allow they'd be immune!
    Concealed carry: Could prohibiting weapons in the workplace lead to liability?
    http://www.wisbar.org/AM/Template.cf...NTENTID=103720

Quote Originally Posted by Glock34
    The owner of the Stadium view said that , Alcohol & guns do not mix & he is running a "FAMILY" establishment & as long as he owns it NO GUNS WILL EVER BE ALLOWED & if he finds people are sneaking them in he would consider a metal detector
    There's a whole 'nother WI thread about alcohol & guns, so I won't get back into that here...
    But if he wants to turn away customers that's his call.

As for being a 'family' establishment, if it's a bar, no it's not. But doesn't he think his family is worth protecting?

How will he know if people carry, if it's concealed? If someone is in fear for her life, & shoots an assailant, then he'll know, & he'd be a terrible hypocrite to say "nobody needs a gun here".

If we dont all have one, maybe we ALL should become good friends with different bar/restaurant owners in order to discuss reasonably our position/2A rights. (one has more credibility IF the other person knows you)...

Quote Originally Posted by qball54208 View Post
    Would be VERY stupid of them to not allow and post no guns, given the fact that if they'd allow they'd be immune!
    I'm not sure I would want to carry where I work... That place is FILTHY! Might have to pick up another hi-point... :-D
    "I don't really care for "cream cheese"..."

Blame it on the News! Fox 11 WLUK here in Green Bay ran the CCW story and stated that businesses could post no weapons/guns. However, "guns" are not to include "firearms" according to the new definition, so again they got it wrong!
    I will be dropping off a copy of "Concealed carry: Could prohibiting weapons in the workplace lead to liability?" at Stadium View
    Which by the way if memory serves me right, they have gun shows there? Correct me if I'm wrong!

Stadium View
    Which by the way if memory serves me right, they have gun shows there? Correct me if I'm wrong!
    They do every New Years time, it's Nicolet Sportsmans Clubs show and it ain't too good at that.
    Any one of you lily livered, flea bitten, bow legged varmints care to slap leather with me?

A.S.N.F.
    A Son NEVER Forgets

Excellent post. What happens when some amped-up banger blasts someone at a "posted" establishment; and eveyone there, sues said establishment because
    they had their rights stripped from them at the door??? I wonder if most of these places even know the ramifications of their choices; or are they all following
    some knee-jerk reaction from the press clippings???
    Last edited by Lurchiron; 07-12-2011 at 10:17 AM.
    Bale da Hay

"Have you Spanked a leftist today; it's the Right thing to do!!!"

Within the gates before a man shall go,
    (Fully warily let him watch,)
    Full long let him look about him;
    For little he knows where a foe may lurk,
    And sit in the seats within.

Havamal (Bellows translation)

Well now, Fox 11 WLUK NO LONGER has an excuse, cuz I dropped off a copy of:
    And I will be getting in touch w/the Tavern League, I feel it is our duty to pass along the correct message. I will be dropping off the Memo from State Bar of Wisconsin to him.
    President: Green Bay Tavern League
    Barry Fitzgerald
    234 S Washington St
    Green Bay WI 54301-4213
    (920) 884-8484
    Last edited by qball54208; 07-12-2011 at 10:26 AM.

Founder's Club Member Brass Magnet's Avatar

Does that document really help?

Well now, Fox 11 WLUK NO LONGER has an excuse, cuz I dropped off a copy of:
    And I will be getting in touch w/the Tavern League, I feel it is our duty to pass along the correct message. I will be dropping off the Memo from State Bar of Wisconsin to him.
    President: Green Bay Tavern League
    Barry Fitzgerald
    234 S Washington St
    Green Bay WI 54301-4213
    (920) 884-8484
    I'm not sure that the document you have linked really helps strengthen our position. From the document:
    Conclusion
    Property owners, businesses, and employers may prohibit concealed weapons by posting proper signage. Those prohibiting concealed weapons will not enjoy immunity from liability that arises from that decision under the new law.
    But, according to Froiland and Hopkins, that does not necessarily mean prohibiting concealed weapons will lead to increased liability when the law takes effect, at least not for employers who wish to prohibit concealed weapons in the workplace.
    It does leave it kind of open for customers I suppose. I wonder if we will find a differing opinion from another legal group?
    Last edited by Brass Magnet; 07-12-2011 at 10:33 AM.
    R[ƎVO˩]UTION

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Lex malla, lex nulla

Quote Originally Posted by HandyHamlet View Post
    Stadium View [was] the biggest sports bar in Green Bay
    fixed.
    "In a court trial half the lawyers are wrong." - Captain Nemo

"[There is] a duty in refusing to cooperate in any undertaking that violates the Constitutional rights of the individual. This holds in particular for all inquisitions that are concerned with the private life and the political affiliations of the citizens." - Albert Einstein

gunowners.org ~ lp.org ~ downsizedc.org ~ oathkeepers.org ~ campaignforliberty.com/usa/WI/ ~ goooh.com

Quote Originally Posted by GlockRDH View Post
    If we dont all have one, maybe we ALL should become good friends with different bar/restaurant owners in order to discuss reasonably our position/2A rights. (one has more credibility IF the other person knows you)...
    If you're ever in the Verona area (just south of Madison/Fitchburg) do stop by Gray's Tied House (http://www.graystiedhouse.com/) and (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Grays...e/118383383920) I talked with the owner and he is very 2A and OC friendly. He will give permission to OC and I have OC'd in there a few times with my family for dinner without any problems from the staff or customers.

I don't see him doing a 180 when it comes to CC but you're right, knowing him a little bit (plus the WCI tri-fold the bright orange flyer I handed him) had to have helped.

If you do swing by, I'd be happy to introduce you.
    "In a court trial half the lawyers are wrong." - Captain Nemo

"[There is] a duty in refusing to cooperate in any undertaking that violates the Constitutional rights of the individual. This holds in particular for all inquisitions that are concerned with the private life and the political affiliations of the citizens." - Albert Einstein

gunowners.org ~ lp.org ~ downsizedc.org ~ oathkeepers.org ~ campaignforliberty.com/usa/WI/ ~ goooh.com

Concealed is concealed. Others will choose to not give them business.

Quote Originally Posted by Passive101
    Concealed is concealed. Others will choose to not give them business.
    1) If they're posted, it's trespassing, which is a misdemeanor penalty.
    And since it's a "crime committed with a gun" (in the eyes of some judges), there could be a penalty enhancer.
    And since a misdemeanor is a crime, your gun will be destroyed by the state.
    (Unlike the current "improper transport", & the post-01NOV school zone infraction, which are forfeitures.)

2) Why give money to some place that doesn't want you?
    If there's no place else open & you're freezing to death & need a hot cup of soup, I can see the necessity in that. But for socializing or eating? No.
    Last edited by MKEgal; 07-13-2011 at 12:57 PM. Reason: no coffee... soup

Regular Member Big River Leather's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MKEgal View Post
    And since it's a "crime committed with a gun" (in the eyes of some judges), there could be a penalty enhancer.
    (Unlike the current "improper transport", & the post-01NOV school zone infraction, which are forfeitures.)

If there's no place else open & you're freezing to death & need a hot cup of soup, I can see the necessity in that. But for socializing or eating? No.
    Is it "trespassing if it's posted" or "trespassing if it's posted and you are asked to leave and don't". That is how it is in MN (the second)
    Big River Leather
    Handcrafted Gun Leather and Accessories
    http://www.bigriverleather.com

Quote Originally Posted by MKEgal View Post

bars like the Stadium view which are very VERY busy bars....one could easily & BELIEVABLY say they did not see the sign, maybe someone was walking out as you were walking in..the sign was obstructed by someone, etc, etc......remember fight every ticket in court..& if your asked to leave then leave we need to locate a bar in the Stadium district that will be A-OK with Legal CCW....IT CAN BE DONE

If they actually post against CCW, can you open carry with a permit and avoid the trespass?

The owner of the Stadium view said that , Alcohol & guns do not mix & he is running a "FAMILY" establishment & as long as he owns it NO GUNS WILL EVER BE ALLOWED & if he finds people are sneaking them in he would consider a metal detector, yet he says he is ALL FOR THE 2nd Amendment..... really ???
    What an unfortunate position he is taking. He's right that alcohol and guns don't mix, but does he realize that a licensee cannot consume alcohol while carrying in his establishment? Maybe that's his objection--- can't make a buck selling booze to his armed customers.
    A. Gold

Failure to comply may result in discipline up to and including termination.
    The free man is a warrior. - Nietzsche "Twilight of the Idols"

McX
    Quote Originally Posted by Shotgun View Post
    What an unfortunate position he is taking. He's right that alcohol and guns don't mix, but does he realize that a licensee cannot consume alcohol while carrying in his establishment? Maybe that's his objection--- can't make a buck selling booze to his armed customers.
    designated drivers and non-drinkers go to bars, they drink pricey sodas, and eat food that is available, and no one shucks them out the door.

Good point, McX
    A. Gold

Failure to comply may result in discipline up to and including termination.
    The free man is a warrior. - Nietzsche "Twilight of the Idols"

Quote Originally Posted by Shotgun View Post
    Good point, McX
    I don't drink, when I go to bars I drink Mt. Dew & LOT'S of it at 2.00 a glass I can down 24 bucks or more a night... That's all profit for the bar.....

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast