Thread: can i open carry here

can i open carry here

hello, do you know, or have any of you ever open carry while, at a fishing spot or public boat ramp? are there any laws that states it is againt the law to do so? i like to fish from the shore and would like to have my pistol on me in plain site, but didnt want to get into trouble with it because i am unclear of the law. please let me know if anyone knows. thank you

What state do you live in? You might be better off re-posting in that State forum. Good luck!
    "When seconds count between living or dying, the police are only minutes away."

YES....maybe....?

where do u live??....almost ALL US states have a hunting,fishing, other lawful outdoor activity clause to their laws regarding carrying a firearm.....meaning since u are FISHING then u can legally OC.....

** while this is the law certain state's leos do whatever they want.....so would help to know where u live....

Hint: his locations says Four Oaks, NC.

OP, you might get more help back at the North Carolina section of this forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch Uncle View Post
    Hint: his locations says Four Oaks, NC.

OP, you might get more help back at the North Carolina section of this forum.
    It didn't when I looked or I missed it. Even still I gave the same advice you did. :-)
    Last edited by thebigsd; 07-18-2011 at 01:47 PM.
    "When seconds count between living or dying, the police are only minutes away."