Thread: So I Walk into the Jewelry Store...

So I Walk into the Jewelry Store...

Howdy Folks!
    My other vice is metal detecting. It is actually a huge part of why I got interested in guns to start with.
    I often have quite a bit of gold and silver on my person, and figured one of these days, somebody'd want
    the fruits of my labor more than they ought and I might need to dissaude them.

Anyhow, I decided to sell a few pieces of gold I've found in the past few months so I went to Arvada to
    visit a jeweler who has always treated me fairly. I walked in with my Ruger P94 .40 cal holstered on my
    hip and waited for the man to deal with customers ahead of me. After about 20 minutes, my turn rolled
    around and we did the transaction. I walked out a few minutes later with $180 bucks in my pocket and
    without any fuss from him or other customers about my pistol.

Then I cruised to an ATM to deposit my "free money" to my account. But I discovered I'd left my bank
    card in a shirt pocket at home, so I drove to the credit union to go inside and visit with a real live teller.
    I transacted my business and again, nobody batted an eye at my pistol. I didn't have any reaction from
    the tellers or other customers. As I was leaving, the bank manager looked up and smiled as I smiled back
    and waved at him. "Staying out of trouble there amigo?" I asked in a jovial manner. "Yes, thanks!" and
    I was on my way home. Decided to hit the King Soopers. I asked for the store manager and told her
    of my experience with their security guard on Saturday and gave him the strongest commendation I
    could muster. She thanked me for that and said she'd pass it along. I got some victuals and left.

I didn't intend to hit the chicken shack but on impulse dropped by the Jim Dandy to get some lunch.
    So I walked in and they had quite a few folks dining inside, and I got some chicken to take home and
    left without anybody reacting to my Ruger.

All in all, a pretty groovy day today.

Oh, and it is Monday! I love Mondays! I look forward to Mondays all week long.
    Because Monday is garbage day! I go outside and drag the trash cans around to the curb, as an
    air of festivity fills the air. I wave to neighbors who, in gaily colored pajamas or mumus also drag
    their cans to the curb. It's sort of like a really trashy block party, but without polka music. This
    morning was no different, and there was a feeling of jubilee in the air as neighbors turned out in
    their finest lounge wear before the truck came through.

Ah, it's the simple things in life!

Blessings,
    M-Taliesin

Quote Originally Posted by M-Taliesin View Post
    Howdy Folks!
    My other vice is metal detecting. It is actually a huge part of why I got interested in guns to start with.
    I often have quite a bit of gold and silver on my person, and figured one of these days, somebody'd want
    the fruits of my labor more than they ought and I might need to dissaude them.

Anyhow, I decided to sell a few pieces of gold I've found in the past few months so I went to Arvada to
    visit a jeweler who has always treated me fairly. I walked in with my Ruger P94 .40 cal holstered on my
    hip and waited for the man to deal with customers ahead of me. After about 20 minutes, my turn rolled
    around and we did the transaction. I walked out a few minutes later with $180 bucks in my pocket and
    without any fuss from him or other customers about my pistol.

Blessings,
    M-Taliesin
    Somehow I expected a much different ending to this story. Ahh the curse of seeing the world through the eyes of previous experience.

Happy everything went well and so smoothly for you. Thanks for the enjoyable read.

Sure sounds like I'm missing out on something having to drag my trash to the back alley and toss it in the dumpster!

Quote Originally Posted by Lokster View Post
    Sure sounds like I'm missing out on something having to drag my trash to the back alley and toss it in the dumpster!
    Howdy Lockster!
    Oh, yeah, for sure! The only time I see most of my neighbors is on Monday mornings when we drag out our trash.
    Why, some of us will even go out after getting it to the curb just to linger in the moment with a cup of coffee in
    hand and watch others come out to do their own chore. The warmth of the rising sun, the birds chirping merrily at
    the start of a new day, the neighborhood alive with folks in their brightly colored sleepwear bringing their cans to
    the curb, the diffusion of sunlight through the fuzzy slippers on their feet! All of it makes for a moment of
    merriment before the labors of the day commence in earnest. Throw in a hearty "Good Morning!" and a smile and
    wave of the hand, and magic happens.

It is a tranquil interlude infused with a mellow festivity that comes only once a week when we join together in
    common purpose of taking out the trash!

Can't hardly beat it!

Blessings,
    M-Taliesin
    Last edited by M-Taliesin; 07-12-2011 at 09:29 AM.

Would you please send a link to this thread, & the contact info for that jeweler, to the OCDO user roberthaackdiamonds? [Real name is Bret.]

He owns a jewelry store in the Milwaukee area & has been making a fuss on the news, & facebook, & OCDO about how to deal with our new cc law.

Thing is, there are OCers (here on OCDO even) who used to patronize his store while armed.
    Now that he's all concerned about lawful citizens being able to carry without being seen (starting 01NOV), suddenly it's a problem, so he's posted his store (& is upset that we say we'll respect his wishes & not shop there).

And he even admits it won't stop the criminals.
    Maybe if he hears from someone in another state, in his same position, MAYBE he'll change his position.

Oh, and it is Monday! I love Mondays! I look forward to Mondays all week long.
    Because Monday is garbage day! I go outside and drag the trash cans around to the curb, as an
    air of festivity fills the air. I wave to neighbors who, in gaily colored pajamas or mumus also drag
    their cans to the curb. It's sort of like a really trashy block party, but without polka music. This
    morning was no different, and there was a feeling of jubilee in the air as neighbors turned out in
    their finest lounge wear before the truck came through.

Blessings,
    M-Taliesin[/QUOTE]

You can come to my house Wed mornings and put my garbage cans out, too. No charge.
    "For any man who sheds his blood with me this day shall be my brother...And gentlemen now abed shall think themselves accursed, they were not here, and hold their manhoods cheap whilst any speaks who fought with us on Crispin's day." Henry V

Quote Originally Posted by MKEgal View Post
    Thing is, there are OCers (here on OCDO even) who used to patronize his store while armed.
    Now that he's all concerned about lawful citizens being able to carry without being seen (starting 01NOV), suddenly it's a problem, so he's posted his store (& is upset that we say we'll respect his wishes & not shop there).
    Why, that's admirably considerate of you and the others, MKEgal! After all, his store, his rules. Wouldn't want to give any business to someone so opposed to the routine exercise of someone's Constitutional rights.

And he even admits it won't stop the criminals. Maybe if he hears from someone in another state, in his same position, MAYBE he'll change his position.
    I doubt it. If they fail logic 101 when it's in their best financial interest to do otherwise, better examples rarely make much difference.
    The First protects the Second, and the Second protects the First. Together, they protect the rest of our Bill of Rights and our United States Constitution, and help We the People protect ourselves in the spirit of our Declaration of Independence.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunslinger View Post
    You can come to my house Wed mornings and put my garbage cans out, too. No charge.
    Howdy Gunslinger!
    Tempting offer. But your town is a far way from here in Aurora.
    Besides, I don't know whether your neighborhood is festive on garbage day like ours.
    Do they wear fuzzy slippers to drag out their cans?

Blessings,
    M-Taliesin