• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Baraboo/Sauk county area carpool for WCI picnic?

Brass Magnet

Founder's Club Member
Hi guys,

Who wants to carpool to Pewaukee on the 24th from the Baraboo area? If we can meet in a central location and use only one or two vehicles I'm all for saving the gas; or in my case diesel fuel.

Mlutz

I might be intrested in this... Maybe if I can talk my "wife" into taking her car...

Brass Magnet

Founder's Club Member
I might be intrested in this... Maybe if I can talk my "wife" into taking her car...

The more people we can get and the biggest vehicle will give us the cheapest fuel prices! :)

I can fit 4 very comfortably, 5 slightly less comfortably. If someone's got a full size SUV, we should be able to fit at least 6 comfortably.

Of course, this all depends on who is interested in going.

davegran

Cassville Area -Twelve Miles From Anything, Wiscon
Get out the calculator...

The more people we can get and the biggest vehicle will give us the cheapest fuel prices! :)

Not quite; MPG x Number of people = is the number to look at. My RV can take 8 people and gets 7mpg so 8 x 7 = 56. My Geo carries 4 people and gets 40mpg so 40 x 4 = 160. The RV carries twice as many people as the Geo but is 56/160 = 35% as efficient. Another way to look at it is, to go 200 miles, the RV needs 200/7= 28.57 gal @ $3.75/gal = $107.14 divided among 8 people = $13.39. To go 200 miles, the Geo needs 200/40 = 5.0 gal @ $3.75/gal = $18.75 divided among 4 people = $4.69. Again, $4.69/$13.39 = 35%. :D

Brass Magnet

Founder's Club Member
Not quite; MPG x Number of people = is the number to look at. My RV can take 8 people and gets 7mpg so 8 x 7 = 56. My Geo carries 4 people and gets 40mpg so 40 x 4 = 160. The RV carries twice as many people as the Geo but is 56/160 = 35% as efficient. Another way to look at it is, to go 200 miles, the RV needs 200/7= 28.57 gal @ $3.75/gal = $107.14 divided among 8 people = $13.39. To go 200 miles, the Geo needs 200/40 = 5.0 gal @ $3.75/gal = $18.75 divided among 4 people = $4.69. Again, $4.69/$13.39 = 35%. :D
Where you're wrong davegran is that your RV "can" carry a heck of a lot more people than 8. :lol: Once again, government "safety" laws keeping us from being efficient. :)

I suppose I should have said "largest human carrying capacity vehicle".:rolleyes:

You know what I meant; darn you! :lol:

Last edited:

davegran

Cassville Area -Twelve Miles From Anything, Wiscon
Where you're wrong davegran is that your RV "can" carry a heck of a lot more people than 8. :lol: ....
Well, let's see; in addition to the first 8 people, another one can sit on the toilet, maybe three in the bed if they're "compatible" and two standing in the shower.... That's 14 total x 7mpg = 98. So the Geo is still more efficient by 160/98 = 63%.... :monkey

M

McX

Dave, your killing me. i would hate to play chess against you. i have to slow you down, calculate for me, to the last digit, the value of pi.

Last edited:

Mlutz

Looks like I might have "a thing" to do on Saturday. Would love to hit the picnic, but at this point I don't know for sure. Looks like its just you and I anyway. Lol.

Brass Magnet

Founder's Club Member
Looks like I might have "a thing" to do on Saturday. Would love to hit the picnic, but at this point I don't know for sure. Looks like its just you and I anyway. Lol.

It's beginning to look that way....if its a carpool it's a kiddie pool...:(

I probably won't go if some of us can't get together for a carpool. I can't see spending $50 or more in fuel.