• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Madison County Fair Unfriendly July 12-16, 2011

TFred

Maybe we should start including a quote from the Attorney General in letters like this... :)

Something like,

Even the Attorney General of Virginia has observed the foolishness of such policies, recently writing in an official opinion, "It certainly can be argued that such policies are ineffectual because persons who wish to perpetrate violence will ignore them, and that the net effect of such policies is to leave defenseless the law-abiding citizens who follow these policies."​

Can't hurt... :)

TFred

jmelvin

Founder's Club Member
Maybe we should start including a quote from the Attorney General in letters like this... :)

Something like,

Even the Attorney General of Virginia has observed the foolishness of such policies, recently writing in an official opinion, "It certainly can be argued that such policies are ineffectual because persons who wish to perpetrate violence will ignore them, and that the net effect of such policies is to leave defenseless the law-abiding citizens who follow these policies."​

Can't hurt... :)

TFred

Why not send something like that to them via their website?

jmelvin

Founder's Club Member
I just sent an e-mail to the clerk of the court to find out the owner of the property since I cannot find online records for the property info. Will advise when I get a reply.

E-mail bounced back to me, but I'm out of time to do anything. Anyone else feel free to take a whack at this.

Last edited:

Marco

Why not send something like that to them via their website?

Just did.

Regarding your anti rights, anti freedom and anti personal defense policy:

The Attorney General of Virginia has observed the foolishness of such policies, recently writing in an official opinion, "It certainly can be argued that such policies are ineffectual because persons who wish to perpetrate violence will ignore them, and that the net effect of such policies is to leave defenseless the law-abiding citizens who follow these policies."

You can keep your policy and I'll keep my money and will encourage others to do the same.

Respectfully,
Marco

Ps.
I'll swing by either thur or fri (OC'ing of course) to see if it is posted at the entrance and to see if they deny me entry.

paramedic70002

I just posted a comment to the linked story:

The Madison County Fair is a private operation, not affiliated with the County of Madison. The Fair Board has chosen to enact a complete ban on firearms as per rules published on their website and confirmed through correspondence. Criminals of course are free to bring weapons to the fair, since by definition they do not abide by the laws of civilized society. I choose to honor the Fair's property rights by not monetarily enriching their coffers since they apparently have no regard for my God given and Constitutionally protected right to self defense. The fairgrounds have become a criminal empowerment / victim disarmament zone. Sounds dangerous.