Thread: Anyone ever UOC in Hillcrest?

Anyone ever UOC in Hillcrest?

My wife wanted some fresh veggies this weekend so she drug me to the Hillcrest farmers market on Sunday. Afterwards we went to a mexican restaurant in the heart of hillcrest. When I got home I slapped my forehead! I should have open carried. Anyone know how "tolerant" the mecca of tolerance is to open carry? Think I should say that I was born with a proclivity towards firearms?

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk
    "If I don't have my pistol, I feel sort of naked." -Unosuke Gunfighter in the movie Yojimbo

give me the location address and i will do some research and check for schools.
    New to OPEN CARRY? Click here first

"Gun owners in California in 2011 are like black people in the south in 1955. If you don't understand that then your concepts of fighting for gun rights is just tilting at windmills." Gene Hoffman.

"Why do you need to carry a gun?" ...Because it not a Bill of Needs, its a Bill of Rights!!

3960 Normal Street San Diego, CA 92103 (Hillcrest DMV Parking Lot)
    Is the farmers market location

1421 University Avenue, San Diego, CA 92103
    Was the restaurant location.

"If I don't have my pistol, I feel sort of naked." -Unosuke Gunfighter in the movie Yojimbo

Looks like Aseltine school puts the farmers market about 95% in a GFSZ. The restaurant may be just outside the zone. Probably not a good OC location.

"Gun owners in California in 2011 are like black people in the south in 1955. If you don't understand that then your concepts of fighting for gun rights is just tilting at windmills." Gene Hoffman.

"Why do you need to carry a gun?" ...Because it not a Bill of Needs, its a Bill of Rights!!

Thanks Mark.
    Just by the way my "peace through superior firepower" shirt got a few responses I'm pretty sure the cops would come and I'd get chewed out by the locals.

few responses? would these be all negative?

Kind of ambiguous. A guy wanted to read my shirt and was like "oh i get it" but sounded irritated and i got a few sideways looks while walking.

I have been working on a school zone map most of the day for Hillcrest area. I am not done with my research yet, my preliminary report is the Farmers market is 100% in a school zone. Looks like all the restaurants on Unversity between Normal st. and 163 bridge are clear, of course avoid the Post office though.

Yeah, that place is a nightmare.

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
    West of the post office seems to be free of "child endangerment zones". I have often carried at Uptown Center: Ralph's, Trader Joe's, Quizno's, etc.