• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Anyone ever UOC in Hillcrest?

Born2Lose

My wife wanted some fresh veggies this weekend so she drug me to the Hillcrest farmers market on Sunday. Afterwards we went to a mexican restaurant in the heart of hillcrest. When I got home I slapped my forehead! I should have open carried. Anyone know how "tolerant" the mecca of tolerance is to open carry? Think I should say that I was born with a proclivity towards firearms?

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk

Born2Lose

3960 Normal Street San Diego, CA 92103 (Hillcrest DMV Parking Lot)
Is the farmers market location

1421 University Avenue, San Diego, CA 92103
Was the restaurant location.

Firemark

Looks like Aseltine school puts the farmers market about 95% in a GFSZ. The restaurant may be just outside the zone. Probably not a good OC location.

Born2Lose

Thanks Mark.
Just by the way my "peace through superior firepower" shirt got a few responses I'm pretty sure the cops would come and I'd get chewed out by the locals.

Born2Lose

Kind of ambiguous. A guy wanted to read my shirt and was like "oh i get it" but sounded irritated and i got a few sideways looks while walking.

Firemark

I have been working on a school zone map most of the day for Hillcrest area. I am not done with my research yet, my preliminary report is the Farmers market is 100% in a school zone. Looks like all the restaurants on Unversity between Normal st. and 163 bridge are clear, of course avoid the Post office though.