• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Women's CCW class?

mahkagari

Always the same. See it everywhere until you want it. Anyone have leads on women-only CCW classes?

JamesB

Always the same. See it everywhere until you want it. Anyone have leads on women-only CCW classes?

The only one I know of off hand I refuse to recommend. I have seen far too many problems with the range they are associated with that I will not send anyone their way.

However, I can say that the majority of classes I have tought, women are usually the majority in the class, not the minority. Many times they shoot better in the class as well, and they seem to pay more attention to the instruction than the men who have been handling firearms all their life and don't think there's anything else for them to learn. (Speaking in general terms only. I'm sure no one here fits into the previous description.)

Last edited:

mahkagari

The only one I know of off hand I refuse to recommend. I have seen far too many problems with the range they are associated with that I will not send anyone their way.

However, I can say that the majority of classes I have tought, women are usually the majority in the class, not the minority. Many times they shoot better in the class as well, and they seem to pay more attention to the instruction than the men who have been handling firearms all their life and don't think there's anything else for them to learn. (Speaking in general terms only. I'm sure no one here fits into the previous description.)

Can you mention it so I can avoid reccomending it?

Your second paragraph is more than anecdotal, it's statistical fact. Given the same amount of practice time, women are better shots than men for the reasons you listed. Better rock climbers for similar cause, too. Women will rely on getting technique down whereas men's solution to everything is a bigger hammer/caliber/grunt.