Thread: How often?

Eastern CT

How often?

Well I haven't started OCing yet but reading here everyday certainly makes me want to start.

My question is: How often do you actually OC and how often does this lead to some altercation?

It seems to me that OCing is like being a full time teacher; nobody seems to know the rules and you've got to speed everyone around you up on them. That's a lot of responsibility and I'm trying to decide if I want to deal with it or not.

Quarryville, PA
    I open carry every day. In four years I have only had one negative experience (a lady just had to tell me how she felt). I balance that with the 25-30 positive interactions I have had. The vast majority of people either don't notice or don't care. For those who ask, give them a brief summary of the law and why you carry. Of course you don't have to do this but most of the time it helps people understand. Give open carry a try and I'm sure you will enjoy it.
    Last edited by thebigsd; 07-12-2011 at 05:06 PM.
    "When seconds count between living or dying, the police are only minutes away."

North Branford, Connecticut, USA
    I open carry everywhere I can whenever I can. Pretty much outside of work or if I am going to drink, I open carry everywhere I go.

I have had two major issues since I started OCing in April 2010. One on 5/16/2010, one on 10/16/2010.

You can read about all of my adventures here and on

Plainfield, CT, ,
    Hey Sick, I noticed your right down the road in Griswold. My nephew and I have been OC'g all around the NE corner for awhile now with very little fanfare. If you want to join us sometime, your more than welcome. We have been known to go out on Sunday mornings to have coffee at different places. PM if your interested, it may be just what you need to build a comfort level.

, ,
    Depends on my situation, what I'm doing and what I'm wearing.

Today, I was wearing a T-shirt that just kept "printing" awkward (paddle holster, not the IWB this time), so I open carried rather than print.

Other times, I can conceal carry with no issues and do that.

However, in this state is is your right to choose how you wish to carry, and I support that 100 percent.

Welcome here and if you ever find yourself wanting to have someone OC with ya, you'll surely find someone here to meet up with you if you wish.

Jonathan - tracking all the local issuing authority, DPS and other insanity with permit issues - my blog and growing list of links useful to gun owners (especially in Connecticut).

Rich B: My favorite argument against OC being legal in CT is "I have never seen someone OC in CT".
    I have never seen a person drink tea from a coke bottle while standing on their head, that doesn't mean it is illegal.