• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

How often?

SickPythons

Well I haven't started OCing yet but reading here everyday certainly makes me want to start.

My question is: How often do you actually OC and how often does this lead to some altercation?

It seems to me that OCing is like being a full time teacher; nobody seems to know the rules and you've got to speed everyone around you up on them. That's a lot of responsibility and I'm trying to decide if I want to deal with it or not.

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
I open carry every day. In four years I have only had one negative experience (a lady just had to tell me how she felt). I balance that with the 25-30 positive interactions I have had. The vast majority of people either don't notice or don't care. For those who ask, give them a brief summary of the law and why you carry. Of course you don't have to do this but most of the time it helps people understand. Give open carry a try and I'm sure you will enjoy it.

Last edited:

Ctclassic

Hey Sick, I noticed your right down the road in Griswold. My nephew and I have been OC'g all around the NE corner for awhile now with very little fanfare. If you want to join us sometime, your more than welcome. We have been known to go out on Sunday mornings to have coffee at different places. PM if your interested, it may be just what you need to build a comfort level.

KIX

Depends on my situation, what I'm doing and what I'm wearing.

Today, I was wearing a T-shirt that just kept "printing" awkward (paddle holster, not the IWB this time), so I open carried rather than print.

Other times, I can conceal carry with no issues and do that.

However, in this state is is your right to choose how you wish to carry, and I support that 100 percent.

Welcome here and if you ever find yourself wanting to have someone OC with ya, you'll surely find someone here to meet up with you if you wish.

Jonathan