• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Instructors Run Rampant In Wisconsin!!!

CalicoJack10

For starters, I have gotten several certificates back in the mail from courses I have offered to people on here, If you have taken one of my courses and have not gotten your cirtificate, PM me your full name and correct address and I wil get them out this week!

Now, on to the heart of the matter:

I have noticed that there are a lot of "Firearms Instructors" popping up since SB93 was on the desk, and I have something to say about that.

Telling people what to do does not make you an instructor!!!!

That being said, For god's sake people, make sure that you get a good instructor. I don't care who it is, just make sure they will teach you more than where to point a gun so that you don't shoot yourself (that was a figure of speach for those of you that would like to fight about it). Do some research, get a background, talk to the instructor, talk to those that have taken classes from that instructor, just make sure that you are not jeprodizing your lives, morals, or the safety of innocent people so that you can get a quick permit.

There should be NO mandated training, aside from the training you want to take, But I again have to encourage everyone to be safe, and remind them that they need more than the book learning to make sure they can defend and survive. I don't much care if you are taking a free course, watching a DVD, reading books, or paying thousands of dollars for personal instruction, make sure you practice, and make sure you know you can survive.

What if will not save your lives.

Brass Magnet

Founder's Club Member
The title of this thread forced an image into my head of centaur like "instructors" running around with ferral hog bodies chasing potential customers......wait, can someone photoshop that and send it in to a newspaper! :lol:

JJC

For starters, I have gotten several certificates back in the mail from courses I have offered to people on here, If you have taken one of my courses and have not gotten your cirtificate, PM me your full name and correct address and I wil get them out this week!

Now, on to the heart of the matter:

I have noticed that there are a lot of "Firearms Instructors" popping up since SB93 was on the desk, and I have something to say about that.

Telling people what to do does not make you an instructor!!!!

That being said, For god's sake people, make sure that you get a good instructor. I don't care who it is, just make sure they will teach you more than where to point a gun so that you don't shoot yourself (that was a figure of speach for those of you that would like to fight about it). Do some research, get a background, talk to the instructor, talk to those that have taken classes from that instructor, just make sure that you are not jeprodizing your lives, morals, or the safety of innocent people so that you can get a quick permit.

There should be NO mandated training, aside from the training you want to take, But I again have to encourage everyone to be safe, and remind them that they need more than the book learning to make sure they can defend and survive. I don't much care if you are taking a free course, watching a DVD, reading books, or paying thousands of dollars for personal instruction, make sure you practice, and make sure you know you can survive.

What if will not save your lives.

As an Instructor I couldn't agree more. IMHO we need to do more than just take a class that teaches just the bare minimum. ( Hunter Safety IMHO just doesn't meet any standard for carrying a defensive handgun). Practice Practice and then practice some more.

JJC

CalicoJack10

I was thinking more along the lines of creepy old guys sitting in the park counting their money in speedo's trying to pick up women like that while telling people that they are carrying a gun and that qualifies them to teach people how to defend themselves. And then asking the attractive women if they can guess where they are hiding their spare mags.

Mlutz

I was thinking more along the lines of creepy old guys sitting in the park counting their money in speedo's trying to pick up women like that while telling people that they are carrying a gun and that qualifies them to teach people how to defend themselves. And then asking the attractive women if they can guess where they are hiding their spare mags.

How would one go about ccw while in a speedo...? You know, for informational purposes only... Yeah... That's it... Lol.

Support The 2nd

Yep, and they MIGHT be breaking the law....

I agree instructors are coming out of the wood work so to speak, and they might all be in violation of the law. I have seen several posts about "DOJ doesn't know" what exactly will be accepted as training other than hunter safety.

For example, the bill say "national or state organization that certifies instructors." It is assumed they have to be certified "firearms" instructors, but they could just as easily be certified cooking instructors as I understand the bill.

Until DOJ make some rules, hunter education is the only specified training. Everything else is speculation and claims of "meets or exceeds" the training requirement are false advertising.

M

McX

were supporting Auric's CC classes here, and have posted flyers on them on the shop front window, and in the lounge.

Lurchiron

were supporting Auric's CC classes here, and have posted flyers on them on the shop front window, and in the lounge.

A massive commitment to public service...and yet he still manages to find time to perform kitty levitations(pro bono; even!!!), come folks; All hail the Cat Whisperer...McX
View attachment 6303 :lol:

Last edited: