Thread: Esco cops don't like bows either

Esco cops don't like bows either

A small post for the sake of some humor...

So I spent today in Escondido with my older brother while his truck got fixed over on Escondido Blvd. Knowing that it would be a while, I brought along my bow and some arrows so I could walk over to Willow Creek Archery to get some new fletchings and a peep tube. The distance from the auto shop to WCA is about 3.2mi, so 6.4mi round trip.

During the whole time walking (4hrs) we saw about 10-12 cops. On the return trip, I noticed one cop look out his window like he just saw Mila Kunis in a mini skirt. Knowing this would probably initiate a contact not directly related to tea and crumpets, I turned on Cop Recorder 2 on my phone (I LOVE ME SOME ANDROID!!)

Sure enough, about 2min later, the cops rolled up about 30' behind me. Here is how it went:

Officer: Sir, SIR! You with the arrows!
    *I turn around*
    Officer: Can we talk with you for a second?
    Me: Am I under arrest?
    Officer: No.
    Me: *Salute* See ya!

These two cops followed me for a few blocks, probably radioing frantically to dispatch trying to figure out how to stop someone in possession of even a college campus legal weapon. After we passed them near Peterson's Donut Corner ( or maybe it wasn't... in any case, the reference alone is hilarious!) they turned back north and left us alone.

I have audio of the encounter but they were too far away to be picked up by my phone so it is just me with my two lines.

So yeah, that's my story for the day.

Well played!!!
    "When seconds count between living or dying, the police are only minutes away."

cool, good work.

Detained

Hmm. what about detained?

Quote Originally Posted by Lthrnck View Post
    Hmm. what about detained?
    What was their reasonable, articulable suspicion? I am certain they could fabricate something but the result would be laughable.

Quote Originally Posted by Ca Patriot View Post
    At the local junior high by my house there is an archery class being held every day for kids. They set up targets on the grass field and about 20 kids shoot their bows and arrows. I figured since this is california that it had to be illegal but i guess not ?
    Nope, not at all.

We may have to resort to bow and arrows

But i'm all set for some AR15 and tactical shotgun carrying if we have governor moonbeam sign AB144 into law...luckily I have a bowmaker and arrowsmith who can hook me up I'm sure if needed....good one pull n shoot nice to see you guys are still around in esco.....
    "There is only one tactical principle which is not subject to change. It is to use the means at hand to inflict the maximum amount of wound, death, and destruction on the enemy in the minimum amount of time."

- General George S. Patton, Jr.

Regular Member coolusername2007's Avatar
    Nice. Short and sweet and to the point. Bet he didn't expect that.

Say, what ever happened to your brother's TSA lawsuit?
    "Why should judicial precedent bind the nation if the Constitution itself does not?" -- Mark Levin

Don't think anything else happened with it. He has gotten harassed by the TSA and the police a few times since then for the same thing and was on KUSI this morning from a phone interview for his most recent incident.

He has a little something else not related to the TSA cooking at the moment. When I get the go-ahead to post about it, I or Sam will be posting it all over the place.

After we passed them near Peterson's Donut Corner ( or maybe it wasn't... in any case, the reference alone is hilarious!) they turned back north and left us alone.
    Totally off-topic... but I love me some Peterson's Donuts. I have literally driven all the way from L.A. to Escondito and back just for a box of Peterson's and nothing else.

Another one off the subject, Do you folks know if there is a Gunsmith in Escondido, by the name of Bill Donovan (Ret USMC)

Quote Originally Posted by pullnshoot25 View Post
    A small post for the sake of some humor...

So I spent today in Escondido with my older brother while his truck got fixed over on Escondido Blvd. Knowing that it would be a while, I brought along my bow and some arrows so I could walk over to Willow Creek Archery to get some new fletchings and a peep tube. The distance from the auto shop to WCA is about 3.2mi, so 6.4mi round trip.

During the whole time walking (4hrs) we saw about 10-12 cops. On the return trip, I noticed one cop look out his window like he just saw Mila Kunis in a mini skirt. Knowing this would probably initiate a contact not directly related to tea and crumpets, I turned on Cop Recorder 2 on my phone (I LOVE ME SOME ANDROID!!)

Sure enough, about 2min later, the cops rolled up about 30' behind me. Here is how it went:

Officer: Sir, SIR! You with the arrows!
    *I turn around*
    Officer: Can we talk with you for a second?
    Me: Am I under arrest?
    Officer: No.

These two cops followed me for a few blocks, probably radioing frantically to dispatch trying to figure out how to stop someone in possession of even a college campus legal weapon. After we passed them near Peterson's Donut Corner ( or maybe it wasn't... in any case, the reference alone is hilarious!) they turned back north and left us alone.

I have audio of the encounter but they were too far away to be picked up by my phone so it is just me with my two lines.

So yeah, that's my story for the day.
    Could have said : Me am I under arrest ? Officer No.
    I'm going back to Sherwood Forest ! he-he! Robin47

was that a one-finger salute?

What was their reasonable, articulable suspicion? I am certain they could fabricate something but the result would be laughable.
    They wanted to do an E-check on the openly carried, but unloaded, bow...
    "For any man who sheds his blood with me this day shall be my brother...And gentlemen now abed shall think themselves accursed, they were not here, and hold their manhoods cheap whilst any speaks who fought with us on Crispin's day." Henry V

What kind of bow do you have?

Also, Mila Kunis is a durn purdy woman.

Quote Originally Posted by elsensei View Post
    was that a one-finger salute?

Haha, not this time, mein bruther. I touched my arrow's fletchings to my head though!

Quote Originally Posted by heliopolissolutions View Post
    What kind of bow do you have?

Also, Mila Kunis is a durn purdy woman.
    I have a Bear Instinct. I believe it is a 60lb draw @28"

I run the URECORDER app on my IPhone. Once you press the big red "RECORD" button on the screen it takes a 4 digit passcode to stop recording. You can turn off the IPod and it keeps recording. Only way to stop it is to enter the passcode or run out of battery or disc space. Only good for audio (I'm looking for an A/V locking app) but hey, it's pretty secure and it's free.
    "The Second Amendment speaks nothing to an unfettered Right". (Post # 100)
    "Restrictions are not infringements. Bans are infringements.--if it reaches beyond Reasonable bans". (Post # 103)
    Beretta92FSLady
    http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...ons-Bill/page5

Disclaimer: I am not a lawyer, nothing in any of my posts should be considered legal advice. If you need legal advice, consult a reputable attorney, not an internet forum.

Quote Originally Posted by We-the-People View Post
    I run the URECORDER app on my IPhone. Once you press the big red "RECORD" button on the screen it takes a 4 digit passcode to stop recording. You can turn off the IPod and it keeps recording. Only way to stop it is to enter the passcode or run out of battery or disc space. Only good for audio (I'm looking for an A/V locking app) but hey, it's pretty secure and it's free.
    Thanks for sharing the information about the app. I had been using voice memos but this one looks better. If anyone else is looking for the app on the app store search for "Unstoppable Recorder" rather than URecorder and it will come right up.
    Last edited by thebigsd; 07-29-2011 at 11:27 PM.
    "When seconds count between living or dying, the police are only minutes away."

Quote Originally Posted by thebigsd View Post
    Thanks for sharing the information about the app. I had been using voice memos but this one looks better. If anyone else is looking for the app on the app store search for "Unstoppable Recorder" rather than URecorder and it will come right up.
    Ooops. I forgot the apple store name isn't the same as the icon. My bad. I really like the app. I'm not giving up the pass code and short of busting it up (hard to explain when it's in an otter box) it can't be turned off without it.

I do think I need to test it to see what happens if it's still recording when the power dies or the memory fills up though. It would suck to have a world class recording and have it disappear because they put the device into evidence and it ran out of power. Definitely a check I need to do next time I run the battery down.
    "The Second Amendment speaks nothing to an unfettered Right". (Post # 100)
    "Restrictions are not infringements. Bans are infringements.--if it reaches beyond Reasonable bans". (Post # 103)
    Beretta92FSLady
    http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...ons-Bill/page5

Disclaimer: I am not a lawyer, nothing in any of my posts should be considered legal advice. If you need legal advice, consult a reputable attorney, not an internet forum.