• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Change of Meeting date for KC meetings.

NG19

I know that we all have been meeting for the past several months on the second Saturday of each month. With all of the people who could not make it due to the weekend that we meet on, I think that we should change the date. I know that there are Guard members who have their duty time on the Second Saturday of the month, and others that work on that day as well. So I was wanting to see if we could change it "Officially" to the Third Saturday of each month. I know that Rich will be working nights on the weekends so we can change the times up for him, but the usual time will still be a good "standard" time for meeting and for the missouriopencarry website. If we all decide that a change is not necessary then that will be alright. I believe that there are about 18-24 members for the KC meetings, so if we could get a majority vote then it will be official. So, 9-12 votes in either direction, and any other input is welcomed.

ChiangShih

We briefly discussed this at the last meeting. A couple other individuals are also going on weekend shift for the summer. We talked about possibly moving it to a Friday evening. Even if that doesn't work I have no problem with shifting it to the 3rd Saturday, or finding some other date that will work best. Whatever produces the maximum turn out. My weekends are usually free. So are my Friday evenings.

randyj

no problem here....

We briefly discussed this at the last meeting. A couple other individuals are also going on weekend shift for the summer. We talked about possibly moving it to a Friday evening. Even if that doesn't work I have no problem with shifting it to the 3rd Saturday, or finding some other date that will work best. Whatever produces the maximum turn out. My weekends are usually free. So are my Friday evenings.

I have no problem with changing the date to the 3rd Saturday. I would like to keep the time at 4pm....or even 3pm, because I work nights...and the meetings that are across town etc...I cannot attend because it cuts into my beauty sleep....and heaven knows I need as much of that as I can get.

I look forward to meeting up with everyone again real soon.

Randy

NG19

We can set a time for the meetings, but that time will flex with each meeting. If we need to meet early say, 12, we can. We can also change the day that we meet, like Friday night or so if need be, but a set time will give us a standard meeting day and time so that people can plan on attending.

goalseter88

i thought you guys did it on the second weekend instead of the first weekend b/c soldiers are busy the first weekend? hope you guys keep it on a saterday, so sometimes i can make it up there, Friday would prob not work for me ever. But i not able to always make the meets, so i not a big player.

P.S. sorry left early saterday, had my wifes dad with me. and i think he was kinda worn out from beeing out shooting at the IDPA all day.

LMTD

Accomplished Advocate
i thought you guys did it on the second weekend instead of the first weekend b/c soldiers are busy the first weekend? hope you guys keep it on a saterday, so sometimes i can make it up there, Friday would prob not work for me ever. But i not able to always make the meets, so i not a big player.

P.S. sorry left early saterday, had my wifes dad with me. and i think he was kinda worn out from beeing out shooting at the IDPA all day.

glad to see you are still involved sir. I know some things fell apart but nothing I said to you was ever a fantasy, and as a younger man than I, YOU are indeed responsible for the youth whom shall follow.

I was worried, some how I missed your postings and thought you had faded away.

Damn glad you did not.