Thread: Yet another one for the Good Guys!

Yet another one for the Good Guys!

Apparently, a homeowner in Battleboro successfully defended himself and his family from a band of 4 thugs a few weeks ago, and the youngest one (17)--who was out of Juvenile Detention on a weekend pass--was killed. The other three (one female, two males) have been arrested and are currently incarcerated, pending trial.

http://www.witn.com/crime/headlines/...ills_Teen.html

The wonderful thing about NC law is that the DA has the option to charge the 3 surviving thugs with "Felony Murder", because their comrade was killed during the commission of a felony...

Hopefully the Halifax County DA will pursue this case to the FULLEST extent of the law, and throw the book at these gangsta-wannabees.

The NC State prison in Raleigh currently has over 38,000 male inmates and over 2,800 female inmates, but I'm sure they can find long-term accommodations for three more thugs...
    Last edited by Dreamer; 07-13-2011 at 04:16 AM.
    It is our cause to dispel the foggy thinking which avoids hard decisions in the delusion that a world of conflict will somehow mysteriously resolve itself into a world of harmony, if we just don't rock the boat or irritate the forces of aggression—and this is hogwash."
    --Barry Goldwater, 1964

It's a shame our tax dollars have to pay for the expenses of their incarceration.

Memphis had a penal farm when I was a child. The inmates raised crops for their meals, milked cows at the penal farm dairy for their milk and dairy products, and actually worked on the right of ways of highways picking up trash and cutting weeds with scythes.

Too bad we don't have this system in place today. Guess it wouldn't be "politically-correct", huh?

I see inmate crews on the sides of the highways picking up garbage all the time.

mattwestm
    Quote Originally Posted by MilProGuy View Post
    It's a shame our tax dollars have to pay for the expenses of their incarceration.

Memphis had a penal farm when I was a child. The inmates raised crops for their meals, milked cows at the penal farm dairy for their milk and dairy products, and actually worked on the right of ways of highways picking up trash and cutting weeds with scythes.

Too bad we don't have this system in place today. Guess it wouldn't be "politically-correct", huh?
    Sounds like a plan. Too bad the crimes they committed aren't exactly politically-correct either. If the government would legalize marijuana and release those with marijuana related crimes, prisons would be slightly less packed.