• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

And they say guns are bad

Carry24/7

Spinner,

You are wrong. I stand by what the other posts have said.

Your attitude is a MASSIVE criminal AND civil prosecution waiting to happen if you should ever be so unfortunate as to have to defend yourself with deadly force. Not to mention the MASSIVE potential for setting back NC self-defense rights for all the rest of us that could ensue from said lawsuits.

I hope you never have to draw your firearm.

And I pray you NEVER have the opportunity to speak to the press on matters of self defense or NC law.

Stay safe. Because if you ever have to defend yourself, you're going to have a LOT to answer for, and I hope you can afford a REALLY good lawyer...

+1000 % on this one. This guy clearly doesn't understand what they are trying to point out to him.

Bearfoot

:idea:How does this sound?:idea:

Like a lot of folks, I don't always agree with everything said or done around me, and I have my own opinion of how things should or shouldn't be, and/or how I would have acted in a particular situation. But it is just that, an OPINION. Everyone of us has one. I enjoy and look forward to the experiences and updates on OCDO by those of us that live in the real world and have real life experiences to share with the rest of us.

My point is this: If anyone wants to argue back and forth with someone like 8 year old kids about which one is right or wrong, why not do it on the private message section of the forum, quit tying up this section and leave the rest of us out of your petty squabbles.

aosailor

Spinner, if you were able to look through your own ego for a moment you would see that I was trying to give you some friendly advice. We live in a litigious society, people have been sued for things as petty as the caliber size or whether or not they used hollow points in defensive shooting cases. I promise you, if you are ever to use your weapon in a legal defensive shooting situation, your words here will bite you in the ass. I'm just trying to help a fellow law abiding citizen not become a court system victim....

P.S. dont get your legal advice from cops, no matter how close you live to them. Not only are most cops ignorant of the laws (ironic, I know) it is illegal for them to give legal advice. And trust me, the law degree I printed off the internet cost me much more than 5 cents

DocWalker

interesting thread

Hello, this has been an interesting read. First I spent over 20 year as a paramedic and PA before deciding to try something different. I was offered a job with the State and attended the police academy in Meridian Idaho. You are correct that Police have limited knowledge of the laws and I certainly don't claim to know them all. I have been trained and have to qualify every 6 months with written tests, live firing, and oral testing on USE OF FORCE. I was also trained to shoot a three round burst of two to the chest and one to the head. This has been ingrained in me by the academy and my (now) part-time job as I have gone back to working in the medical field full time. I don't think I have ever got use to wearing the vest....lol

Dam I have to wear it tomorrow as I have to work swings. I believe the correct wording is I fired until I felt the treat was over, for me it will most likely be the three shot burst but emptying the clip in the stress of the moment would not be to far fetch especially for the lay person. I do believe that if there is only one side to the story than the chances of having a civil suit filed against you would be less. Like the lawyer said the BG will sue you for getting an infection in his gun shot wound just to sue you.

Not to say bad things about lawyers and our legal system but this is allowed to happen because the lawyers want to make money.

spinner

Maybe this will help

Ok AOSAILOR 1st I want to say I don't take anything you say to heart. Good thing this is " almost " still a free country where we have a 1st amendment, we can disagree and that's fine. We all know why we joined this site and what were standing up for. If everyone agreed with everybody all the time in the whole world this would be a boring planet, glad you kept our " disagreement " civil. I've read some pretty bad, personal, foul mouthed post. That being said. I've been reading rules of engagement policies, state constitutions, and case laws. And I've settled on a different term ( THE RIGHT TO EXERCISE AND THE RIGHT TO USE " DEADLY FORCE " AS A MEANS TO PROTECT ONES SELF FROM A THREAT OF INJURY OR BODILY HARM OF THE SAME MEANS ). A quick note. I only asked my neighbor who is a cop his "opinion" on the subject cause he was someone who carries for a living and I could talk to him real quick. I think we all know don't EVER take a cops word as legal advice. So to the point of all this with out admitting defeat, rather I had a revelation. I started asking myself why I use that term rather than one offered by all the people who wrote on this thread. I couldn't remember having this discussion before or even using those 3 words before. Which I know sound weird cause I defended them so vigorously. As I spent more time than I should have on this subject so I just googled " shoot to kill ". Now I know. These 3 words were drilled into our heads in 2005 in a little place called Louisiana during Katrina. Some quick links for then and now from our PROTECTORS. businessmen can shoot to kill during martial law workbench.cadenhead.org/news/.../police-trapped-thousands-new-o.. or just type in shoot to kill orders martial law a good on is INFRAGUARD shoot to kill orders directly from FBI. After remembering what took place there ( the 11 people on the bridge ) or the interview with the national guardsmen who said " I hope no one comes out from around a corner, cause I'd really hate to shoot Americans even though that's our orders if they don't OBEY ). Maybe that's not the right terminology. So how about instead of admitting defeat, or saying that I'm wrong ( cause I hate that even though were all wrong sometimes ), I admit to being mislead and a product of a government phrase that has been used by the media, our military, the higher ups all in the name of national security, keeping us safe all in the name of our best interest. The mentality of do what I say not as I do, do not fear the government were here to help and all the other little quotes and catch phrases we hear. Sorry so long but I wanted to get all this in cause hopefully this will put to rest this discussion. My brain hurts. Hope to agree and disagree with ya again, I can't say it was fun, but it was informative and interesting. God Bless us and help us...

ocgso

:idea:How does this sound?:idea:

Like a lot of folks, I don't always agree with everything said or done around me, and I have my own opinion of how things should or shouldn't be, and/or how I would have acted in a particular situation. But it is just that, an OPINION. Everyone of us has one. I enjoy and look forward to the experiences and updates on OCDO by those of us that live in the real world and have real life experiences to share with the rest of us.

My point is this: If anyone wants to argue back and forth with someone like 8 year old kids about which one is right or wrong, why not do it on the private message section of the forum, quit tying up this section and leave the rest of us out of your petty squabbles.

+100 to this.......must we fight so much? And if we feel the need, can't we do it via PM?