• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

The Evil Gun Lobby in Arizona

azcdlfred

The Arizona Repugnant tried to do a hit piece but it reads like an advertisement for AzCDL. They even borrowed heavily from our website (I recognize the wording since I wrote it) but got lazy when it came to see where we're located (we have two mailing addresses).

Fred

Last edited:

Superlite27

I always see the Brady Campaign's "report card" rating state gun laws referred to here and there. This article mentions it, as well. (paraphrasing) "Arizona has some of the worst gun laws, according to The Brady Campaign".

Whenever I see this, I ALWAYS make sure to remark: "Yeah, according to the Brady's, folks would be much safer leaving the dangerous states such as Utah or Wyoming and head for someplace safe......

...like New Jersey."

After all, it scores an A on the Brady scale.

Daylen

I'm jealous of your score on the brady bunch site. Congrats though on getting a zero :banana:

Phoenix David

Well I did look at the Brady score card criteria and I see there is one area that we could have improvement

One handgun per month, no exceptions

I feel that there should be a law that encourages you to buy at least one handgun a month :lol:

me812

There's no such thing as bad publicity. Always remember that.

Though I am a life member of the GOA, and subscribe to your e-mail alerts, I'm ashamed to say I haven't yet joined your fine organization (resources are very limited in this economy, you understand.)

Are there any plans to offer a life membership with a payment plan? This is how I did my GOA life membership, and that made it much easier. It was only $50 a quarter, almost completely painless.

Last edited:

azcdlfred

Though I am a life member of the GOA, and subscribe to your e-mail alerts, I'm ashamed to say I haven't yet joined your fine organization (resources are very limited in this economy, you understand.)
We'd love to have you as a member! We're at 4,700. Probably will pass 5,000 before the end of the year.

If you join at a gun show it's a mere $20 to counterbalance the fee you had to pay to get into the gun show. Online it's a mere $30. We take credit cards.

Are there any plans to offer a life membership with a payment plan? This is how I did my GOA life membership, and that made it much easier. It was only $50 a quarter, almost completely painless.
We made it simple. Once any member has paid $300 in membership donations, they become a Life member, regardless how long it takes. We have a number of members on self-imposed payment plans. When they reach the magic $300 they become life members.

Fred

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
There's no such thing as bad publicity. Always remember that.
--snip--

Agree wholeheartedly. Any and all publicity is good. People are intelligent and see through the disinformation and spin that the Brady Bunch and their ilk try to promote - consequentially, even attempts at negative PR gets the word out and causes people to think.

Let the band play on - we are winning!