• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Jim Moran claims pro-gun activists promote "wholesale slaughter"

Repeater

House republicans today voted to strip funding for a new Obama administration policy that increases reporting requirements for some gun dealers who sell semi-automatic rifles.

Democrats vehemently opposed Rehberg’s measure, which was supported by the National Rifle Association (NRA). Rep. Jim Moran (D-Va.) said stripping the funding from the rule would be akin to “virtual wholesale slaughter.”

“The NRA is so afraid that the people who are really funding the NRA, the gun manufacturers, might lose some sales that we’re willing to sacrifice the lives of these people that are casualties of this gun war,” said Moran during the markup.

“And we’re promoting it. We’re enabling … that slaughter to continue,” Moran said.

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
What??? There is no wholesale slaughter now. Nothing was happening before these requirements. How can a lack of new reporting requirements create more nothing?

Last edited:

JamesB

Are we going to do something about vehicles to? lots of drunk drivers out there. Maybe we should put a restriction on buying cars?...

Or at least when you buy more than one at a time.

Hell, I'm still waiting for the law that specifies all new cars must be equipped with a interlock device (breathalizer). I can already hear the sound bite, "We have to stop the sensless killing of our children by drunk drivers, and if inconvieniences the rest of us then it is a price we should all be willing to pay."

tcmech

Or at least when you buy more than one at a time.

Hell, I'm still waiting for the law that specifies all new cars must be equipped with a interlock device (breathalizer). I can already hear the sound bite, "We have to stop the sensless killing of our children by drunk drivers, and if inconvieniences the rest of us then it is a price we should all be willing to pay."

That could be an end to the fourth amendment violations that happen every time a DUI checkpoint is set up.

JamesB

That could be an end to the fourth amendment violations that happen every time a DUI checkpoint is set up.

But then we would need crack pipe checkpoints, underage checkpoints, visual acquity checkpoints, proper tire inflation checkpoints (ok, that one might be handy).

Repeater

Open Carry proximity to Moran?

Has anyone open carried near Moran, perhaps at a townhall meeting? If yes, what was his body language like? How did he treat you?

He seems very bigoted toward self-defense or self-reliance.

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
Has anyone open carried near Moran, perhaps at a townhall meeting? If yes, what was his body language like? How did he treat you?

Better question, how did you keep your gun from jumping out of its holster and stop it from causing a "wholesale slaughter" all on it's own?...

Last edited:

Skeptic

Founder's Club Member

He is bigoted against any form of liberty whatsoever.

Remember his quote about "this simplistic notion that people who have wealth are entitled to keep it "? Not to mention his assertion that 20 years of military service is not public service, but the PTA is?

What a scumbum this guy is. Very sad

Skeptic

Founder's Club Member
Explain how you think a DUI Checkpoint is a violation of the 4th Amendment.

Explain how you think it isn't a violation of the 4th Amendment? Even Justice Renquist who voted FOR allowing sobriety checkpoints in some certain circumstances agreed that they were an infringement of the 4th amendment, it is simply his opinion that the infringement is outweighed by the public good.

"The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated"

Seems pretty clear. Indiscriminately stopping everyone without probable cause seems to be entirely in keeping with the meaning of the word unreasonable.

HandyHamlet

“And we’re promoting it. We’re enabling … that slaughter to continue,” Moran said.

I think by "We" he means him, Holder Jr, the FBI, DEA, and Obummer. If I was him I couldn't live with myself either.

"Papers please."

Last edited:

va_tazdad

Here we go again with the "Doom and Gloom" spews

House republicans today voted to strip funding for a new Obama administration policy that increases reporting requirements for some gun dealers who sell semi-automatic rifles.

Democrats vehemently opposed Rehberg’s measure, which was supported by the National Rifle Association (NRA). Rep. Jim Moran (D-Va.) said stripping the funding from the rule would be akin to “virtual wholesale slaughter.”

“The NRA is so afraid that the people who are really funding the NRA, the gun manufacturers, might lose some sales that we’re willing to sacrifice the lives of these people that are casualties of this gun war,” said Moran during the markup.

Would that be the same "wholesale slaughter" the "anti's" claimed would happen last year when it became legal to CC in a bar?

Me thinks they spelled Jim's last name wrong. The correct spelling MUST be Moron.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by CHILINVLN

"Papers please."

No RAS, no probable cause. Pure fishing expedition.

If it saves just one life..................:banghead:

Vanns40

This, from an anti-semite with a vile temper who, according to the prosecutor at the time, through the grace of god, just missed being charged with a felony for his dealings in Alexandria.