Thread: House Republicans actually push PRO-gun legislation; Moran gets very mad

House Republicans actually push PRO-gun legislation; Moran gets very mad

Guns-rights issue inflames House Appropriations meeting

A heated gun-rights debate hijacked a House Appropriations Committee markup of a 2012 spending Justice Department bill Wednesday as the GOP defeated a Democratic attempt to limit gun purchases by suspected terrorists, and succeeded in inserting language to allow imports of more powerful types of shotguns.

The GOP said Democrats were violating the Constitution with an amendment sponsored by Rep. Nita Lowey (D-N.Y.) which would have given the attorney general the ability to deny a gun purchase or transfer to a known or suspected terrorist.

Commerce and Justice subcommittee Chairman Frank Wolf (R-Va.) said he would work with Lowey to refine the amendment, but she rejected that offer. The amendment was defeated 18 to 27.

The heated debate followed the successful adoption of a rider sponsored by Rep. John Carter (R-Texas), which would have defunded any attempts to impose an existing ban on shotguns with non-sporting features.

Rep. Jim Moran (D-Va.) rose to say this applies to weapons with grenade launchers and bayonets, and that the ban should remain in place.

Republicans argued that it was a violation of the Second Amendment for the government to be determining which features are considered sporting.
    Frank Wolf often disappoints on gun-rights issues, but Moran is consistently over the top with his hatred of guns and their lawful owners.

Moran is an idiot. Now if we can win the Senate and the White House we might have a real chance of doing something at the federal level (and that's a huge might)
    "When seconds count between living or dying, the police are only minutes away."

I'd guess that pretty much whatever makes Moran very mad, also makes me very happy.

TFred

Gun grabbers are stupid. They opened the door, and then got upset when it hit them in the keester on the way out!
    Last edited by Thundar; 07-14-2011 at 07:25 PM.
    He wore his gun outside his pants for all the honest world to see. Pancho & Lefty

The millions of people, armed in the holy cause of liberty, and in such a country as that which we possess, are invincible by any force which our enemy can send against us....There is no retreat but in submission and slavery! ...The war is inevitable–and let it come! I repeat it, Sir, let it come …………. PATRICK HENRY speech 1776

Why does any self-respecting Virginian vote for Moran?

Just wondering, is all.

"Why does any self-respecting Virginian vote for Moran?"

well even self respecting virginian can be an aware of what they are doing some times, we must show compasion and attempt to educate tham

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
    When I lived in Arlington and that idiot came to our state, I was aghast at some of his antics. In our house, we called him Jim "Moron" and for good reason. He, and people like him in the close-in region of NOVA, was one of the reasons we moved out of Arlington.
    In the final seconds of your life, just before your killer is about to dispatch you to that great eternal darkness, what would you rather have in your hand? A cell phone or a gun?

Si vis pacem, para bellum.

America First!

To go a little further than TFred, if Moran is really upset by a gun issue, it probably means we are one the right course. Keep up the good work, men! There are a few legislators in Richmond who I would never waste my breath lobbying, and Moran is one of them. When I have read some of his statements regarding guns, it becomes clear that a certain logic defect makes him incapable of forming any new opinions. JMHO.