Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Open Carry In Hawaii?

Open Carry In Hawaii?

Hey everyone, My wife an I plan on moving to Hawaii sometime next year. But i'm unsure about my rights on being able to open carry leagally.
    I'm a LICENSE open carrier in "Tigard, Oregon" an don't wan't to lose my rights just by a change in location.
    Is there anyone that could in-lighten me on their facts on hawaii's law's???? PLEASE.

There is no licensed open carry in Oregon (let alone a city in Oregon). Do you mean you have an Oregon CHL?

It is not recognized in Hawaii.

A CHL is "notified" as a "LICENSE" to carry.. I am Licensed an choose to open carry.. Same thing, Stated differently.

http://www.handgunlaw.us/

Click Hawaii on map.

Sent from my PC36100

you're not going to like this...

HRS 134-9

134-9 Licenses to carry. (a) In an exceptional case, when an applicant shows reason to fear injury to the applicant's person or property, the chief of police of the appropriate county may grant a license to an applicant who is a citizen of the United States of the age of twenty-one years or more or to a duly accredited official representative of a foreign nation of the age of twenty-one years or more to carry a pistol or revolver and ammunition therefor concealed on the person within the county where the license is granted. Where the urgency or the need has been sufficiently indicated, the respective chief of police may grant to an applicant of good moral character who is a citizen of the United States of the age of twenty-one years or more, is engaged in the protection of life and property, and is not prohibited under section 134-7 from the ownership or possession of a firearm, a license to carry a pistol or revolver and ammunition therefor unconcealed on the person within the county where the license is granted. The chief of police of the appropriate county, or the chief's designated representative, shall perform an inquiry on an applicant by using the National Instant Criminal Background Check System, to include a check of the Immigration and Customs Enforcement databases where the applicant is not a citizen of the United States, before any determination to grant a license is made. Unless renewed, the license shall expire one year from the date of issue.

You have the same rights in the PDR of HI as the Chinese did in Nanking after the Japanese invaded it.
    "For any man who sheds his blood with me this day shall be my brother...And gentlemen now abed shall think themselves accursed, they were not here, and hold their manhoods cheap whilst any speaks who fought with us on Crispin's day." Henry V

Quote Originally Posted by YoungBlackMale View Post
    A CHL is "notified" as a "LICENSE" to carry.. I am Licensed an choose to open carry.. Same thing, Stated differently.
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungBlackMale
    I'm a LICENSE open carrier in "Tigard, Oregon"
    You don't need a license to OC in Oregon. Some cities regulate loaded OC however and having the CHL preempts the cities rule, otherwise you are carrying unloaded. PDX I believe has overstepped their legal bounds and are "regulating" unloaded OC and even carry of ammunition in magazines.. I am sure it will be tested in court sometime soonish.

Again, this is just clarification as to not confuse others on our forums here. Oregon comparatively to other states has quite a bit of freedom as far as our firearms laws go. I simply don't want people to think otherwise.

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Hawaii sucks for respecting our natural right to be armed. I am there a few times a year and go shooting with my brother in law at Koko head range, a great range but even their rules are very draconian. Be active and work with others in the state to change it though.

We are having a rather large gathering in SeaTac, in August and you folks from Oregon should come up and visit us. (The other states too!).
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

Yeah honestly I've been thinking alot about leaving & cant stand the fact of being stripped naked of my rights.
    Better off if I stay an continue to remain a part of the open carry movement in my own country..
    (Seeing Arizona as a substitute)

It's a shame because I really consider Hawaii a home and to see the state deny it's citizens the human right of self defense in what ever manner we choose pains me.

Hey consider Washington, Arizona modeled their constitution over after ours.....

"Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their

I agree..I'll consider Arizona & Texas, the wild wild south!

I agree..I'll consider Arizona & Texas, the wild wild south!
    Actually, Texas does not recognize your right to OC either.
    A wise and frugal Government, which shall restrain men from injuring one another, shall leave them otherwise free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned. This is the sum of good government.- Thomas Jefferson March 4 1801

Quote Originally Posted by END_THE_FED View Post
    Actually, Texas does not recognize your right to OC either.

Really, How you figure that?

Really, How you figure that?
    OC is illegal in Texas, unless you ate on private property IIRC

Android + Tapatalk
    Last edited by Deadcenter45; 07-17-2011 at 02:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadcenter45 View Post
    OC is illegal in Texas, unless you ate on private property IIRC

Android + Tapatalk
    Wow never knew that..Well that will no longer remain an option.

Wow never knew that..Well that will no longer remain an option.
    Yeah,

A lot of southern States do not recognize the right to OC. From what I remember this is because of old statutes that were passed in the period immediately following the "civil war".
    A wise and frugal Government, which shall restrain men from injuring one another, shall leave them otherwise free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned. This is the sum of good government.- Thomas Jefferson March 4 1801

Quote Originally Posted by END_THE_FED View Post
    Yeah,

A lot of southern States do not recognize the right to OC. From what I remember this is because of old statutes that were passed in the period immediately following the "civil war".
    Many with roots in racism and Jim Crow laws, well like most gun control laws even our national ones.

Quote Originally Posted by sudden valley gunner View Post
    Many with roots in racism and Jim Crow laws, well like most gun control laws even our national ones.
    Wooow..This is ridiculous!

Centurion

Most Gun control has racist roots

Wooow..This is ridiculous!
    The "Progressives" AKA Democrats have tried to rewrite the history on this. Most modern gun control has its roots in laws to keep slaves disarmed or, after the civil war, to keep freed slaves disarmed.

http://www.firearmsandliberty.com/cramer.racism.html

Quote Originally Posted by ccwinstructor View Post
    The "Progressives" AKA Democrats have tried to rewrite the history on this. Most modern gun control has its roots in laws to keep slaves disarmed or, after the civil war, to keep freed slaves disarmed.

http://www.firearmsandliberty.com/cramer.racism.html
    Hey man thats some real good information..Thanks alot.

Hey man thats some real good information..Thanks alot.
    Information and knowledge is power. But it wasn't just the democrats although they seem to take the anti gun lead now. The NRA helped draft some gun control legislation too.

I have a sneaky suspicion that much of the gun control in Hawaii, has it's roots in keeping the "natives" disarmed.
    Last edited by sudden valley gunner; 07-23-2011 at 10:17 AM.

Here is a well put together documentary on the subject I suspect you might be interested in. I found it very informative.

http://jpfo.org/filegen-a-m/movieplay-ngn-swf.htm

Here is a well put together documentary on the subject I suspect you might be interested in. I found it very informative.

http://jpfo.org/filegen-a-m/movieplay-ngn-swf.htm
    I cant thank you guy's enough for this information I recall to be jewel's to me..Thanks!

I cant thank you guy's enough for this information I recall to be jewel's to me..Thanks!
    Glad you found it useful. I will do anything I can to encourage young men to learn the truth about our "inalienable" rights and how our government from local to federal has done everything in their power to destroy them often using scare tactics and peoples personal prejudices to reach their agenda.

You just missed our 2A rally in Olympia, that isn't too far from Portland. If you are still around next year would love to see ya there. I even have a picture of myself OC'ing in front of the governors door. (several of us do) If you ever make it north a bit let me know, we could meet for coffee.

If you make it to Hawaii let me know, I have some roots there and may be able to help you adjust to some of the local ways of doing things.

Glad you found it useful. I will do anything I can to encourage young men to learn the truth about our "inalienable" rights and how our government from local to federal has done everything in their power to destroy them often using scare tactics and peoples personal prejudices to reach their agenda.

You just missed our 2A rally in Olympia, that isn't too far from Portland. If you are still around next year would love to see ya there. I even have a picture of myself OC'ing in front of the governors door. (several of us do) If you ever make it north a bit let me know, we could meet for coffee.

If you make it to Hawaii let me know, I have some roots there and may be able to help you adjust to some of the local ways of doing things.
    I'll pass every bit of knowledge I've obtained on down to the next..Knowledge is power an the key to unlock all opportunity's..I Should still be around in Portland next year, wouldn't mind getting together. I was actually looking for some folks who wouldn't mind doing so..An if I ever make my way to Hawaii I will most deffinitly let you know.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast