Thread: Lawyer in Anchorage

Lawyer in Anchorage

No, I'm not in trouble at this time. Just want to be prepared. Can anyone recommend a good lawyer around here? I don't want the high-profile type who gets scumbags off on technicalities; prefer someone who has the respect of the courts and the DA.

Activist Member
    I wouldnt even worry about finding one unless your planning on doing something thats illegal or your just asking for trouble. Your not going to find much information on a GOOD lawyer, best thing you can do is start calling around.
    Nothing better than a Glock.........except maybe another Glock!

Quote Originally Posted by DWCook View Post
    I wouldnt even worry about finding one unless your planning on doing something thats illegal or your just asking for trouble. Your not going to find much information on a GOOD lawyer, best thing you can do is start calling around.
    This is not good advice. It is a great idea to have a lawyer in mind or even on retainer. What if you were unlawfully arrested? What if the police brought bogus firearms charges against you? You want to make sure to get a lawyer who understands gun laws and supports your right to keep and bear arms. I have a lawyer's number in my phone and his card in my wallet. It's always better to be prepared. I hope you are successful in your search.
    Last edited by thebigsd; 07-14-2011 at 08:53 PM.
    "When seconds count between living or dying, the police are only minutes away."

I believe ACLDN has an affiliate attorney in AK.

http://www.armedcitizensnetwork.org/affiliates

I just joined ACLDN. I haven't had any contact with their attorney in AK but I was pretty happy with the DVDs I received upon signing up and their family plan is fairly reasonably priced.

If you're thinking along these lines, you might also want to consider an umbrella insurance policy or other supplemental self-defense type insurance. There are a few options out there. Alaska's castle doctrine is pretty strong on paper, but there isn't much case law there to back it up.

Thanks for the link, Arma. Looks like a good outfit, and an excellent concept. If Massad Ayoob is on board, must be good!