• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Lawyer in Anchorage

Round Engines

No, I'm not in trouble at this time. Just want to be prepared. Can anyone recommend a good lawyer around here? I don't want the high-profile type who gets scumbags off on technicalities; prefer someone who has the respect of the courts and the DA.

DWCook

Activist Member
I wouldnt even worry about finding one unless your planning on doing something thats illegal or your just asking for trouble. Your not going to find much information on a GOOD lawyer, best thing you can do is start calling around.

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
I wouldnt even worry about finding one unless your planning on doing something thats illegal or your just asking for trouble. Your not going to find much information on a GOOD lawyer, best thing you can do is start calling around.

This is not good advice. It is a great idea to have a lawyer in mind or even on retainer. What if you were unlawfully arrested? What if the police brought bogus firearms charges against you? You want to make sure to get a lawyer who understands gun laws and supports your right to keep and bear arms. I have a lawyer's number in my phone and his card in my wallet. It's always better to be prepared. I hope you are successful in your search.

Last edited:

armaborealis

I believe ACLDN has an affiliate attorney in AK.

http://www.armedcitizensnetwork.org/affiliates

I just joined ACLDN. I haven't had any contact with their attorney in AK but I was pretty happy with the DVDs I received upon signing up and their family plan is fairly reasonably priced.

If you're thinking along these lines, you might also want to consider an umbrella insurance policy or other supplemental self-defense type insurance. There are a few options out there. Alaska's castle doctrine is pretty strong on paper, but there isn't much case law there to back it up.