Thread: Firearms Freedom Act / Commerce Clause Challenge, Making it's Way Through the Courts

Founder's Club Member Brass Magnet's Avatar

Firearms Freedom Act / Commerce Clause Challenge, Making it's Way Through the Courts

A Gun Activist Takes Aim at U.S. Regulatory Power MISSOULA, Mont.óWith a homemade .22-caliber rifle he calls the Montana Buckaroo, Gary Marbut dreams of taking down the federal regulatory state.

Montana passed a law that tries to exempt the state from federal gun regulation. But the law is now before the courts, in a test of states' rights. WSJ's Jess Bravin reports.

He's not planning to fire his gun. Instead, he wants to sell it, free from federal laws requiring him to record transactions, pay license fees and open his business to government inspectors.

Follow link to read the whole article.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...490097046.html
    R[ƎVO˩]UTION

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Lex malla, lex nulla

Founder's Club Member PrayingForWar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Brass Magnet View Post
    A Gun Activist Takes Aim at U.S. Regulatory Power MISSOULA, Mont.óWith a homemade .22-caliber rifle he calls the Montana Buckaroo, Gary Marbut dreams of taking down the federal regulatory state.

Montana passed a law that tries to exempt the state from federal gun regulation. But the law is now before the courts, in a test of states' rights. WSJ's Jess Bravin reports.

He's not planning to fire his gun. Instead, he wants to sell it, free from federal laws requiring him to record transactions, pay license fees and open his business to government inspectors.

Follow link to read the whole article.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...490097046.html
    Assuming Holder doesn't send in some agents who end up killing him "in self defense". It must be nice when you're in charge of how your own crimes get investigated.
    If you ladies leave my island, if you survive recruit training. You will become a minister of death, PRAYING FOR WAR...

Makes perfect sense. I hope he is successful.
    "When seconds count between living or dying, the police are only minutes away."

Quote Originally Posted by thebigsd View Post
    Makes perfect sense. I hope he is successful.
    I hope so too; but I doubt it. I just think SCOTUS sides with giving the government more power most of the time. He's got a back-up plan though, so maybe that will hold some water.
    R[ƎVO˩]UTION

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Lex malla, lex nulla

I hope so too; but I doubt it. I just think SCOTUS sides with giving the government more power most of the time. He's got a back-up plan though, so maybe that will hold some water.
    I'm hoping 2 things happen Jan 20th 2013.

A real conservative is sworn in, be it Cain, Paul, Bachman or even Rick Perry. ( He hasn't been that bad.)

Then about an hour later Ruth Badger Ginsburg is off the bench (or on a slab, which would suit me fine.)

we'll still have 3 barking moonbats in there, but if we can just get 5 decent judges I'll be happy. 4 of them usually rule the way I like.

BTW, has anyone else noticed the similarities between "justice" Keagan (the newest moonbat) and Shmiegel from the "Lord of the Rings" before he found the ring?
    Last edited by PrayingForWar; 07-15-2011 at 12:40 PM.
    If you ladies leave my island, if you survive recruit training. You will become a minister of death, PRAYING FOR WAR...

Quote Originally Posted by PrayingForWar View Post
    BTW, has anyone else noticed the similarities between "justice" Keagan (the newest moonbat) and Shmiegel from the "Lord of the Rings" before he found the ring?
    Hmmm... I think she (?) looks a lot more like Kevin James from "King of Queens".

Last edited by Brass Magnet; 07-15-2011 at 02:01 PM.
    R[ƎVO˩]UTION

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Lex malla, lex nulla

Hmmm... I think she (?) looks a lot more like Kevin James from "King of Queens".

Holy hell. They do look alike

Posted using my HTC Evo.

I think she gained a lot of weight after her movie debut.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	u90a1ad5.jpg 
Views:	165 
Size:	57.8 KB 
ID:	6346

That is hilarious!
    Kudos to that fellow in Montana. I hope they put the federal gov't in its place. The Feds have no business regulating firearms.

Freaking hilarious!
    I don't mind watching the OC-Community (tea party 2.0's, who have hijacked the OC-Community) cannibalize itself. I do mind watching OC dragged through the gutter. OC is an exercise of A Right. I choose to not OC; I choose to not own firearms. I choose to leave the OC-Community to it's own self-inflicted injuries, and eventual implosion. Carry on...