• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Firearms Freedom Act / Commerce Clause Challenge, Making it's Way Through the Courts

Brass Magnet

Founder's Club Member
[h=1]A Gun Activist Takes Aim at U.S. Regulatory Power MISSOULA, Mont.—With a homemade .22-caliber rifle he calls the Montana Buckaroo, Gary Marbut dreams of taking down the federal regulatory state.

Montana passed a law that tries to exempt the state from federal gun regulation. But the law is now before the courts, in a test of states' rights. WSJ's Jess Bravin reports.

He's not planning to fire his gun. Instead, he wants to sell it, free from federal laws requiring him to record transactions, pay license fees and open his business to government inspectors.
[/h]
Follow link to read the whole article.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052702304584404576442440490097046.html

PrayingForWar

Founder's Club Member
[h=1]A Gun Activist Takes Aim at U.S. Regulatory Power MISSOULA, Mont.—With a homemade .22-caliber rifle he calls the Montana Buckaroo, Gary Marbut dreams of taking down the federal regulatory state.

Montana passed a law that tries to exempt the state from federal gun regulation. But the law is now before the courts, in a test of states' rights. WSJ's Jess Bravin reports.

He's not planning to fire his gun. Instead, he wants to sell it, free from federal laws requiring him to record transactions, pay license fees and open his business to government inspectors.
[/h]
Follow link to read the whole article.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052702304584404576442440490097046.html

Assuming Holder doesn't send in some agents who end up killing him "in self defense". It must be nice when you're in charge of how your own crimes get investigated.

PrayingForWar

Founder's Club Member
I hope so too; but I doubt it. :( I just think SCOTUS sides with giving the government more power most of the time. He's got a back-up plan though, so maybe that will hold some water.

I'm hoping 2 things happen Jan 20th 2013.

A real conservative is sworn in, be it Cain, Paul, Bachman or even Rick Perry. ( He hasn't been that bad.)

Then about an hour later Ruth Badger Ginsburg is off the bench (or on a slab, which would suit me fine.)

we'll still have 3 barking moonbats in there, but if we can just get 5 decent judges I'll be happy. 4 of them usually rule the way I like.

BTW, has anyone else noticed the similarities between "justice" Keagan (the newest moonbat) and Shmiegel from the "Lord of the Rings" before he found the ring?

Last edited:

Brass Magnet

Founder's Club Member
BTW, has anyone else noticed the similarities between "justice" Keagan (the newest moonbat) and Shmiegel from the "Lord of the Rings" before he found the ring?
Hmmm... I think she (?) looks a lot more like Kevin James from "King of Queens".

tl_judge_elena-kagan.jpg
kevin_james2.jpg

Last edited:

bigun220

Hmmm... I think she (?) looks a lot more like Kevin James from "King of Queens".

tl_judge_elena-kagan.jpg
kevin_james2.jpg

That is hilarious! :lol:
Kudos to that fellow in Montana. I hope they put the federal gov't in its place. The Feds have no business regulating firearms.